Shon Coleman update

Jonesy

Unfortunatly from those in the know, coleman has wanted to be with bama from the get go. They want 2 OT's in this class and have been keeping shon with an uncommittable offer on a long leash as a contingency plan.  The unforseen coaching change at tenn has stone 60/40 tenn now so they tightened that leash up and made the offer committable to bring coleman in with Arie K. and call it a day. What sucks about this is that he has wanted that offer all along, he just never got it... untill now. And on their OT situation, Love gets blown up by their DE's so they know he wont work, Fluker is known as a steam roller in run blocking, but the main point of a good left tackle is pass blocking the blind side, and suposedly his footwork leaves ALOT to be desired. They honestly dont have a true LT on their team that they want to put in a live game situation. Im just praying that he see that hes our main plan, while hes their backup plan.

They've also got Kellen Williams and Chad Lindsey which both enrolled in January.  So if Coleman and Arie go there. they'll have 4 true fr OT's and 2 true FR G's.  I'm still trying to figure out what Saban could be selling him on.  Most kids want playing time but it can't be that.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you guys remember the Iron Bowl from a couple of years ago, personally I am trying to forget it, but little nicky made the comment on the sideline "don't you know how much I hate these guys", referring to us. The only reason he wants Coleman is just so we won't get him. An old bryant trick. He would rather waste a scholly on a 1 star player if it meant we didn't get him. It's all pretty unprofessional if you ask me, but what do you expect from the turds. When Coleman is riding the bench he will regret his decision. But we haven't lost him yet.

I don't know if you guys remember the Iron Bowl from a couple of years ago, personally I am trying to forget it, but little nicky made the comment on the sideline "don't you know how much I hate these guys", referring to us. The only reason he wants Coleman is just so we won't get him. An old bryant trick. He would rather waste a scholly on a 1 star player if it meant we didn't get him. It's all pretty unprofessional if you ask me, but what do you expect from the turds. When Coleman is riding the bench he will regret his decision. But we haven't lost him yet.

If Coleman chooses Bammer, then wish him the best.  Don't be negative on him.  Wish him the best no matter where he chooses.  He alone has to make his life decision.

Life is full of many decisions and in those decisions many work out and some become regrets but we still have to honor those decision I would love for us to have him but if we dont then thats his decision

Oh I do wish him the best, that's why I said we haven't lost him yet. He is probably just doing like everybody has been saying and enjoying the free trips.

If Coleman chooses Bammer, then wish him the best.  Don't be negative on him.  Wish him the best no matter where he chooses.  He alone has to make his life decision.

:zapbama:

Sorry bud, but you're obviously a bigger man than me. If Shon went to bammer, (which he won't) I do not wish him the best of luck. I would hope him and his team as always loses every game they play and have the worst luck known to man.  :laugh: Sorry man...I hate bammer and anybody that represents bammer. Luckily, I don't think Shon will be one.  :thumbsup:

I just can't stand the idea that this kid has been waiting on Alabama to offer all along, like Auburn means nothing and he is just holding out for something better.

Our football program should never take a back seat to anyone, especially the team on the other side of the state.  We have just as much to sell as them or any top team in the country, and hopefully Shon sees this.  

Coach Chizik and his men know what they are doing, and I hate for Auburn fans to even come close to accepting the idea that they have no influence over this situation.

We can and should be able to land big-time recruits no matter who wants them!!  Let's go Auburn people!!

:wedance: :wedance:

Sorry bud, but you're obviously a bigger man than me. If Shon went to bammer, (which he won't) I do not wish him the best of luck. I would hope him and his team as always loses every game they play and have the worst luck known to man.  :laugh: Sorry man...I hate bammer and anybody that represents bammer. Luckily, I don't think Shon will be one.  :thumbsup:

^^^^^^Me Too. Wish them the best of luck in life but the worst at bammer!

I just can't stand the idea that this kid has been waiting on Alabama to offer all along, like Auburn means nothing and he is just holding out for something better.

Our football program should never take a back seat to anyone, especially the team on the other side of the state.  We have just as much to sell as them or any top team in the country, and hopefully Shon sees this.  

Coach Chizik and his men know what they are doing, and I hate for Auburn fans to even come close to accepting the idea that they have no influence over this situation.

We can and should be able to land big-time recruits no matter who wants them!!  Let's go Auburn people!!

:wedance: :wedance:

My observation of this staff tells me that they think this way.  They love AU and if you want to be here, you should love it too.  That being the case, I tend to think that if they thought SC was really jerking them around, they would pull his offer and tell the world.  That being the case, and given the fact that despite tons of speculation the last words on the subject that actually came from Coleman were "I'm 100% AU," I'm with Mayor and ST.  I think he stays with the good guys!

fwiw turds got a committment from a dt who switched from memphis, I think Shon said thanks but no thanks

I don't see how the 2 relate to each other.  Maybe I'm missing something.

fwiw turds got a committment from a dt who switched from memphis, I think Shon said thanks but no thanks

terrance "the Blob" cody... part 2, Brandon Ivory, 6' 3", 330, 3* Rivals/ESPN, 1* Scout  :laugh:!

Here you see the Blob aka cody coming up out of the water to prey on the young man in the background...

RUN, DUDE, RUN... IT'S HUNGRY!!!

large_Terrence20Cody20swim.jpg

Why do you believe this? Shon hasn't said this. This came from a bammer.

thats another spot gone, if you count another oline guy they supposed to get i think thats 25 or something anyway I dunno just tryin to keep it positive, I don't keep up w/ bammers :zapbama::beatmullet:

fwiw I believe we keep Shon, AU takes a backseat to no one!!!

My bad, I didn't mean to say that I believed it, I just hated the idea that some others could be entertaining this thought.

I'm of the school that until I hear Coleman say otherwise, I believe he wants to be at Auburn.

Guy named Andrew Bone (I think he works with Scout) stated in a bammer chat yesterday that Coleman already had a commitable offer from satan.  If true, this contradicts other reports that he still does not have an offer and bammer is waiting on a decision from Stone.  TIFWIW.

Guy named Andrew Bone (I think he works with Scout) stated in a bammer chat yesterday that Coleman already had a commitable offer from satan.  If true, this contradicts other reports that he still does not have an offer and bammer is waiting on a decision from Stone.  TIFWIW.

I read somewhere today that they may cast their lot with Coleman and Arie (whatever his last name is) and forget about Stone.  Who knows.

If the story is true that he just wanted an offer from Bammer this whole time,he will not receive an offer from AU,they will pull the offer within a day or so IMO.

If we dont hear anything definitive (he changes his commit or the scholly gets pulled) between now and NSD, he will be ours IMO.

My bad, I didn't mean to say that I believed it, I just hated the idea that some others could be entertaining this thought.

I'm of the school that until I hear Coleman say otherwise, I believe he wants to be at Auburn.

Right on!  :thumbsup:

If the story is true that he just wanted an offer from Bammer this whole time,he will not receive an offer from AU,they will pull the offer within a day or so IMO.

If we dont hear anything definitive (he changes his commit or the scholly gets pulled) between now and NSD, he will be ours IMO.

The thing about playing chicken is knowing when to blink.

I believe he's had committable offers the whole time from everyone, just lil napoleoen tryin desperately to savage our class or make a play however you wanna put it, but in the end he committed to us and I think he stays, anything can happen, but I feel that the way we recruit that he will end up here, plus over the dead period he will clear his head and stay w/ the good guys

Archived