Howard Lattimore Connection

87aubie

First, I have no source.  OK, now that I got that out of the way.  I've noticed on a couple of other boards (rivals, scout) that there is some "rumor" that Howard and Lattimore have connected and are rumored to have been told different stories by our staff.  Some have opined that it may cost us both recruits.  Question for ST, Mayor, etc.  Anything you've heard to confirm/deny this line of thinking?  Thanks!

First, I have no source.  OK, now that I got that out of the way.  I've noticed on a couple of other boards (rivals, scout) that there is some "rumor" that Howard and Lattimore have connected and are rumored to have been told different stories by our staff.  Some have opined that it may cost us both recruits.  Question for ST, Mayor, etc.  Anything you've heard to confirm/deny this line of thinking?  Thanks!

Who is the one saying this?  Is it another fanbase claiming this?  More than likely it is would be my guess...

Unless you heard that from somebody associated with AU, I'd think of that as nothing more than a troll trying to stir the pot.

Since Lattimore is not talking to anyone; casts doubt on validity of this story. And since coaches told Howard he would be a running back; what stories have they been telling? Huh?

The more in popularity this site grows the more its becoming AL.com. Posers everywhere! In ST I trust ONLY!

I agree.

I guess it would be nice then if we had poser alarms on our computers.  Most folks I've seen posting here seem to be AU fans, albeit some with different opinions.

I think this rumor is at least a week and a half old and has no credibility.  I think that in this day of mass communication that our coaches are smart enough to know that high profile recruits talk to each other regularly and anything the coaches say will be public knowledge.  I think/hope the coaches would never try something like cross talking to any recruit(s).

:banghead:

I really don't think there is any misunderstanding with between coaches and players.  Both players know there role if they sign with AU.  Rumor. Delete.

I think this rumor is at least a week and a half old and has no credibility.  I think that in this day of mass communication that our coaches are smart enough to know that high profile recruits talk to each other regularly and anything the coaches say will be public knowledge.  I think/hope the coaches would never try something like cross talking to any recruit(s).

Actually it's being posted by 2 of the best AU posters on any of the sites.

Poster from TOS premium that is supporting this report is  very reliable. If he is worried, then I am worried. If Lattimore calls our coaches, maybe they can straighten out this misunderstanding.

I'm just using this quoted post as an example but there have been a lot of posts by first time posters that keep this topic alive.  It just smells like Elephant Dung.

It first appeared a while back, so it's not new info, is all I'm saying

Just food for thought. Did you ever think that this really does not matter in the least. It is simply a rumor/lie or it is a deal breaker. Either way it is nothing to be concerned with. Lattimore will come to Auburn or Go to South Carolina depending on what is best for him. DJ Howard obviously has had second thoughts. He will either settle down or wind up somewhere else. Nothing to worry about here. Auburn will be fine either way. I simply wish both of these young men the best.

I think that we might have screwed things up wit DJ and Latt towards the end as well. Hopefully Latt ends up signing with us, but you guys don't have the be blindly optimistic. Plus, the in state pressure on Lattimore has been enormous. Just don't meltdown if he doesn't sign with us.

Archived