NEW YORK YANKEE THREAD

AUAeroEngineer

Bobby R. was very religious... never took a drink in his entire life. Well to say the least he did not run around with Mick and Whitey that's for sure.

Mantle tells a story that he, Whitey, and Billy Martin had been out all night drinking. The next day he was still drunk when the game started his first up at bat he stuck out w/o hitting the ball. Problem was he saw 3 balls being thrown toward him. Next time up he picked the middle ball and hit a home run.. Oh Mick loved his liquor but was the best switch hitting hitter of all time especially with power.

Yeah, I was just a very young pup when Mickey was ending his career. He is one guy I would have LOVED to see play. Willie Mays is another. Willie was always my dad's favorite player. I have seen shows about Mickey. He loved the night life and the ladies. He also, arguably, had as much natural talent as any who has ever played the game. It's a shame his knees were so bad and robbed him of some years. Still, I would shoot you to have his major league career.

now you want to kill me cause I'm a Yankee fan??? Wow

As for Mick and his knees he hurt the first knee after stepping on a sprinkler head in the outfield. Talk about bad luck.

Also a little story about trying to listen to the Yankee games while living in NW Al. I would go out to our garage and turn on the VWagon radio cause you could never run that battery down and try and find the game on radio. Use to stay out in that garage for 2 hours listening to the game on the 1960 VW. God the memories

I can't stand the Stankees for one reason....George bleephole Steinbrenner. Besides PED's, he is the worst thing to ever happen to the game of baseball IMO. Can't understand how any red blooded, southern, gentlemen could pull for them also. I mean they have yankees in their name. Good grief. :dunno:

:-\ :-\ :-\ good lord get over it we lost the war.

As for George I have been a fan since Topping and Webb were their owners so George just wanted to get the Yankees back were we belong. Don't get me wrong I'm not the biggest Georg fan in the world but once he figured out how to ready run the club it was some of the best years for us Yankee fans.

:-\ :-\ :-\ good lord get over it we lost the war.

As for George I have been a fan since Topping and Webb were their owners so George just wanted to get the Yankees back were we belong. Don't get me wrong I'm not the biggest Georg fan in the world but once he figured out how to ready run the club it was some of the best years for us Yankee fans.

We didn't lose, we just took a T.O.. The south will rise again!!!!

Oh another hater..........yes we're old as the hills but who won last years division. We will find a way again.....................................................I hope!!!

Oh another hater..........yes we're old as the hills but who won last years division. We will find a way again.....................................................I hope!!!

My Rays just gave up. Made some really dumb moves IMO.

Toronto had a huge off season with the players they signed. They could make some serious noise.

The sox are not a threat IMO.

Baltimore, if they stay healthy, will be the team to beat IMO.

OMG your trying to be serious?????????????????? On MY Yankee thread. Start your own ray's thread..................I'm sorry maybe you can't find it with the three posts...uh lets see the rays are in Miami???? Big Pine Key????? Islandmorada-----------for those that don't know that's in the Keys.

I say lets have Turtle soup

OMG your trying to be serious?????????????????? On MY Yankee thread. Start your own ray's thread..................I'm sorry maybe you can't find it with the three posts...uh lets see the rays are in Miami???? Big Pine Key????? Islandmorada-----------for those that don't know that's in the Keys.

I say lets have Turtle soup

It's also spelled Islamorada ;)

I don't give a hoot about the AL East but I agree that the Orioles have a pretty legit shot. I think Toronto looks good on paper, but they need a lot to go right for them to be in contention after July. For one, I think Melky Cabrera is going to come back down to Earth stats-wise since he won't have PEDs in his system. Jose Reyes won't have the same value in the AL, Adam Lind and Rasmus both need to add .30 points to their BA and I don't have faith in Josh Johnson to stay healthy. My 2 cents...

Good catch mike.... bet your the only one who could catch it. Also agree with your take on the O's and Jays

You have a little brown on your nose. Just letting you know.

Good catch mike.... bet your the only one who could catch it. Also agree with your take on the O's and Jays

You have a little brown on your nose. Just letting you know.

guess your jealous

:-\/> Yanks and Braves tomorrow here in O-Town.Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Have my tickets first base side dugout level.. Eat your heart out people......