BUCCANEERS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

AUAeroEngineer

No offense buddy, but I do consider that a big rivalry. I don't have a problem with you because you're a panthers fan or a phillies fan (gag  :tease:) I would just appreciate it if you don't come poking fun on the Braves and Bucs thread. I'm sure you understand

My first MLB game I ever attended was Houston Astros v.s. Philadelphia Phillies in the Astro Dome(1977).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me I'm not going to become a Phillies fan. I might have to hang myself

Its not in your future, I grew up a Pirates fan.  :laugh:

Whew, that's a relief. I hate the Phillies about 2/3 as much as I hate turds, and I am a man who hates turds

:laugh:...I was a huge Dave Parker fan growing up.  I lost intrest in MLB after the whole scandal in the 80's.

I love college baseball!! I lost intrest in the NBA as well.

Basketball changed after Jordan left. I wasnt a Bulls fan, but had much respect for Jordan. I still like the NBA, just not as much. I like LeBron and several others. NBA is not the same without Ewing, Jordan, Barkley, The Admiral, etc.......

I hear ya. I've never like NBA or basketball in general, but I'm sure I'll go to a few Auburn games, if only to see the Arena. As for college baseball, I absolutely love it. I went to just about every USA game last year and I plan on doing the same at Auburn this year. College baseball is what got me back into MLB, and now here I am, watching the Braves game every day. I'm (We're) just a sports nut

Funny you say that. I find myself gaining a little more intrest in MLB.

After USA games in the 80's we would go to Soloman's Sandwhich Shop. They used to have the finest sandwhiches. You could get a bottle beer and sandwhich and shoot pool. I had heard over the years Solomns had declined greatly(not sure if they are still open). There was a club called Thirsties and a club just across the street(name escapes me) that was extremley popular with students. Those were the good ole days :(

Yeah I know about Soloman's. During the 80's it was a real nice place from what I understand. Around the 90's it went way downhill though. Since around 2000 it's eitheer been closed or barely open and it was a bad bad place, lots of drugs and gang stuff. It was demolished last year and now its a really good bbq joint called The Shed

Yeah I know about Soloman's. During the 80's it was a real nice place from what I understand. Around the 90's it went way downhill though. Since around 2000 it's eitheer been closed or barely open and it was a bad bad place, lots of drugs and gang stuff. It was demolished last year and now its a really good bbq joint called The Shed

Nice, we used to eat lunch at the Shed in Ocean Spings. MS. back in 2002. Shed should go over real well.

I am still a Bucs fan, just not as die hard as the late 70's. I cant tell you how many friends from elementary school - former co-workers etc... called me when Tampa Bay won the Superbowl. I would run into people I havent seen in years and first words out of their mouth was," I know you were excited to see the Bucs go to and win the Super Bowl". That was a great feeling!!

I did watch the Bucs beat the Saints in N.O., 2006, I believe.  All while eating catered chichen tenders and such. I think they call it a luxury suite. My friend invited me. His dad has the suite and it was.......sweeeeet.

Lucky. I bet that was a ton of fun. Yeah the Shed is great I love it. I've got tickets for the Bucs Falcons game in Atlanta this year. It's my first pro football game. If I wasn't so excited about Auburn football I would be excited about that

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get to watch it unfortunately, but he had around 75 yards on 22 carries I think. I never get to watch them play because they rarely make it on national tv and I don't care about nfl football enough to buy nfl season ticket

I didn't get to watch it unfortunately, but he had around 75 yards on 22 carries I think. I never get to watch them play because they rarely make it on national tv and I don't care about nfl football enough to buy nfl season ticket

Yes he did, and I think every yard he gets is a credit to his character and ability to overcome those injuries.

I was going to be nice and not say anything but damn that was a beat down. The game was over after 2 hours and with our 4th string QB. I believe we had more Steeler fans at the game then Buc fans evening being played in Tampa.

Archived