Kris Frost.

aurules16

I think Kris' desire to go to Michigan had a lot to do with RichRod's offense and him making a firm offer to play receiver...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry, I have a hard time believing this will happen... If it does, I'll gladly eat crow, but I for one don't see it

Im sorry, I have a hard time believing this will happen... If it does, I'll gladly eat crow, but I for one don't see it

It has happened many times before.

Where? with who? give me one time that you can think of, where it has happened with a player of his caliber,...

Where? with who? give me one time that you can think of, where it has happened with a player of his caliber,...

I mean at Auburn. Read the last page or 3 f this thread.

Agree many greyshirts over the years, but in fairness they are not typically a high tier 4*. This is a very unique situation. I'll be so excited when I know he is enrolled. Huge catch. War Eagle!

Agree many greyshirts over the years, but in fairness they are not typically a high tier 4*. This is a very unique situation. I'll be so excited when I know he is enrolled. Huge catch. War Eagle!

Actually you should be happy when he signs on NSD because I believe he is still subject to the transfer Rules even as a grayshirt when he signs his LOI.

that's what I thought,... you can't give me a time where a recruit of KF's caliber has accepted a greyshirt offer. I mean, this kid is ranked in the top five athletes in this class for a reason. Add to that, the fact that his parents would have to pay the out of state tuition, which I'm sure isn't cheap,.. and I find it far fetched to believe that this is what will happen. I don't like the way this has gone down, and I hope like hell he ends up in this class, b/c I think he will be special. Maybe a scholly will open up for him,....

I personally think AU is dropping the ball on this one if this is true. We should be glad to get a kid of this caliber on campus

True, but if we had already promised the spot we had for him away, I would rather our coaches honor that promise. That would mean more than just dropping another commitment.

that's what I thought,... you can't give me a time where a recruit of KF's caliber has accepted a greyshirt offer. I mean, this kid is ranked in the top five athletes in this class for a reason. Add to that, the fact that his parents would have to pay the out of state tuition, which I'm sure isn't cheap,.. and I find it far fetched to believe that this is what will happen. I don't like the way this has gone down, and I hope like hell he ends up in this class, b/c I think he will be special. Maybe a scholly will open up for him,....

I never said I could. I said it was what someone else said on this thread or the grayshirt thread so with all due respect please do not jump down my throat.

I personally think AU is dropping the ball on this one if this is true. We should be glad to get a kid of this caliber on campus

If you read this thread you'll see that apparently the young man said he was going to Michigan, our coaches moved on to someone else, and then the young man said he wanted to come here after um fired richrod.  

Our coaches are men of character and they will not go back on their word to the other recruit - so NO, AU did NOT drop the ball.

Actually you should be happy when he signs on NSD because I believe he is still subject to the transfer Rules even as a grayshirt when he signs his LOI.

Agree. I was hoping he'd enroll this week. If he signs on NSD w/o being enrolled, I'll also be excited. All I'm saying is rarely do you see high caliber rated players take greyshirts. Not unheard of, just rare and unique. Other Teams will have an opportunity to get in his ear. I'm hoping his families comments that they are sold on Auburn hold. I'm not completely shocked parents may pay his way. They may have money in a 529 or something over the years for college. If they love AU, then I'm so glad they are ALL IN. If he doesn't get a schoolly that means we get the late big dogs many of us predict. I actually expect AU to end w/ a top 5 class. If we keep this coaching staff intact (at least most parts), we are on the verge of building a dynasty. Great time to be an Auburn Tiger. Actually always great! War Eagle!

And since you are forcing me to think about it Kevin Greene came to Auburn as a walk on (essentially the same thing as a gray shirt) and I would say that worked out very well for KG and Auburn.

So honoring promises made to other recruits rather than leaving them out in the cold in order to get a more highly rated player is dropping the ball? Funny how different the opinion of most Auburn fans was when it was Saban doing that...

So honoring promises made to other recruits rather than leaving them out in the cold in order to get a more highly rated player is dropping the ball? Funny how different the opinion of most Auburn fans was when it was Saban doing that...

Exactly. We are not the Turds and do not do crap like that...Not while Chizik is coaching at least.

Last i checked Calloway was committed to Bama and he has a spot. why is there not a spot for Frost?

say what? Calloway's committed to Auburn. and the coaches have been working on him for a long, long time as a RB.

Last i checked Calloway was committed to Bama and he has a spot. why is there not a spot for Frost?

Because of the silent commits we have and waiting on word from players like Crowell and Huggins...And I am sure Calloway privately committed to the coaches before from Changed his mind and wanted to come to AU.

Agree w/ Red here. Statements have been made that coaches warned him BEFORE he committed that no sopt was available outside of greyshift. If that is true, then that speaks volumes for the confidence our coaches have w/ commits to come. Their job is to bring in the best class possible, but do it honestly and w/ integrity. I would not support ripping a scholly from someone already committed, and knowing the prospects still in contention for a scholly, I understand not taking Kris outright. A scholly may open up on NSD. If not, he's another great player in the fold. If coaches were honest, no ball was dropped. I personally just hope is family is truly ALL IN. Very rare to get a grey shirt of his rated caliber (as prev stated). Let's just enjoy the ride. We're about to add some huge commits.

Because last I checked, we weren't recruiting Frost to play RB but to play WR/LB, positions of depth for us. We have important NEEDS that take priority over WANTS.

And since you are forcing me to think about it Kevin Greene came to Auburn as a walk on (essentially the same thing as a gray shirt) and I would say that worked out very well for KG and Auburn.

sorry man, not meaning to "jump down your throat". WDE.

Buuutttt,.. with all due respect, Kevin Greene is not a good example either. Yes, he came to AU as a walk-on, and turned into a stud, but we hear  those stories all the time. College coaches may often overlook a kid that turns out to have a heart of a champion, and a work ethic that drives them to become the best they can be. However, this is not the case with KF. We are talking about on of the top ath in this class, that is capable of playing on both sides of the ball. A kid who has offers from all over the nation. It's just hard for me to fathom that he would pay his on way, and accept a grayshirt offer, to anywhere, when he could virtually pick any school in america that he wanted. Especially after the reviews he got at the AA game,.... like I said, I could be wrong, and am probably talkiing out of place. Just find it hard to  believe

Archived