Kris Frost.

aurules16

And since you are forcing me to think about it Kevin Greene came to Auburn as a walk on (essentially the same thing as a gray shirt) and I would say that worked out very well for KG and Auburn.

sorry man, not meaning to "jump down your throat". WDE.

Buuutttt,.. with all due respect, Kevin Greene is not a good example either. Yes, he came to AU as a walk-on, and turned into a stud, but we hear  those stories all the time. College coaches may often overlook a kid that turns out to have a heart of a champion, and a work ethic that drives them to become the best they can be. However, this is not the case with KF. We are talking about on of the top ath in this class, that is capable of playing on both sides of the ball. A kid who has offers from all over the nation. It's just hard for me to fathom that he would pay his on way, and accept a grayshirt offer, to anywhere, when he could virtually pick any school in america that he wanted. Especially after the reviews he got at the AA game,.... like I said, I could be wrong, and am probably talkiing out of place. Just find it hard to  believe

Maybe we should call him up and tell him you said he's making a big mistake and to look somewhere else.   :tease:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And since you are forcing me to think about it Kevin Greene came to Auburn as a walk on (essentially the same thing as a gray shirt) and I would say that worked out very well for KG and Auburn.

sorry man, not meaning to "jump down your throat". WDE.

Buuutttt,.. with all due respect, Kevin Greene is not a good example either. Yes, he came to AU as a walk-on, and turned into a stud, but we hear  those stories all the time. College coaches may often overlook a kid that turns out to have a heart of a champion, and a work ethic that drives them to become the best they can be. However, this is not the case with KF. We are talking about on of the top ath in this class, that is capable of playing on both sides of the ball. A kid who has offers from all over the nation. It's just hard for me to fathom that he would pay his on way, and accept a grayshirt offer, to anywhere, when he could virtually pick any school in america that he wanted. Especially after the reviews he got at the AA game,.... like I said, I could be wrong, and am probably talkiing out of place. Just find it hard to  believe

ok WDE. If nothing else Trust ST. He has only been wrong on Auburn recruiting 2 times in the last year+ and he said the arangement was made before Frost committed on tv where him and his parents said the decision was final.

Last i checked Calloway was committed to Bama and he has a spot. why is there not a spot for Frost?

How do you know Calloway didn't get Frost's spot AFTER Frost said he was going to Michigan???

You don't.   None of us do.      Geeeezzzz man, the coaches know what they are doing !!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing to think about here is this: Maybe Frost's parents see the AU coaches are men of their word that really do care for the guys that are on the team. As a parent, I can not even think about sending my child off to college. If I did however, I would want them surrounded by people of great character who care about my child. That's a simple decision IMO. I would gladly pay for it.

Yet another thing to think about is the fact he nor his parents know the coaching staff at Michigan. We are all about 2-3 weeks off from NSD. That is a short amount of time to get to know the UM coaching staff.

Guys...... TRUST THE COACHES !!!!!  They did get AU 2 the NC in Two seasons

much less this Staff could pull 4 of the Top 5 players in the state and 10 out of top 25 prospects in the State

not 2 mention out of State the #4 QB in the nation...#4 OT in the nation...#16 Ath. in the nation...#11 Safety in the nation...#2 Ath. in the nation 

I really want frost.  But I would not want take a spot from someone who may be commited already even if it is a silent. If a player said they want to come and we gave them a spot and are just waiting to make it public then fine. I commend the coaches for being stand up people. I am impressed. Having said that I do not see the problem in pulling an offer from someone who  has not decided for sure if they want to play here.  What is wrong with saying " we are sorry but the scholly is no longer available"? That would be the fault of the player for waiting in my opinion. that is technically what we did to frost.  I believe we have some great silent commits but 6 to 7 I am not sure.  Gabe seems to be one and u have to keep a spot for drew, Florence, a rb, and roberson but I think if sigler or fulse have not commited at least privately then I say pass them up for frost. It is not like they have not had a chance. And if signer was told his offer depended on another player then why not  for frost?

Guys...... TRUST THE COACHES !!!!!  They did get AU 2 the NC in Two seasons

much less this Staff could pull 4 of the Top 5 players in the state and 10 out of top 25 prospects in the State

not 2 mention out of State the #4 QB in the nation...#4 OT in the nation...#16 Ath. in the nation...#11 Safety in the nation...#2 Ath. in the nation 

But what have they done for me lately?  ;)  ;D

Jason Miska was a walk on.

Haven't thought about him an a long time.  I'll never forget watching him sit on a UCF player's chest and explain to him why you don't take a cheap shot at our punter.

Jason Miska is no Kris Frost

Very true.  However, while at Auburn, Miska was a three year starter at middle linebacker.  Miska also started as the middle linebacker during the 1993 season when Auburn went 11-0, and was the leading tackler that season.  Kris hasn't done anything at Auburn yet.

Just trying to keep up.  Random impressions, and seeking correction.

1. We mocked the people who said Auburn's class was full.  But they were right.

2. Every possibility the true story isn't out.  Whenever something weird happens, and the "story" emerges days later, there's been time to alter the story for appearances' sake.

3. Good news:  If our coaches regard the class as full (give or take one spectacular holdout), then we are truly sitting pretty.  War Eagle!

4. Good news, II: It does look like our coaches are committed to integrity.  :we:

5. Possible good news:  If this outstanding prospect and his family are willing to put football on hold for a full year for Auburn's sake, he must really love what he's seeing.

6. Possible bad news:  Already too late for spring enrollment somewhere else, but unless he signs that LOA, a full semester of uition and costs is a tough pill.  Hope we don't lose him.

How could the coaches possibly turn away a 4 star LB commitment?! They are starting to recruit like Saban. Of all the "silent commits" that we have, I am sure that none are at a greater position of need than Frost is. We are in desperate need of LB's. I swear if Brandon Fulse is one of these "silent commits" when we have a great TE for another 2 years, then these coaches just screwed up big time.

How could the coaches possibly turn away a 4 star LB commitment?! They are starting to recruit like Saban. Of all the "silent commits" that we have, I am sure that none are at a greater position of need than Frost is. We are in desperate need of LB's. I swear if Brandon Fulse is one of these "silent commits" when we have a great TE for another 2 years, then these coaches just screwed up big time.

I trust our coaches are doing things the right way...after all, they did just win a NC. 

44:  I'm taking a deep breath right now so that I don't talk too harshly to you as one of our young family members... But have you even read the posts on this thread?!?  To even remotely consider that AU is now recruiting like uat based upon this situation is a 100% misread of the situation.  In fact, if AU were recruiting like uat, we would not be having this conversation at all because the coaches would have happily kicked another recruit to the curb to take KF's commitment.  He is undoubtedly a great player, and I really hope he ends up on the plains for multple reasons, but our coaches are showing some integrity here and I would hope you reconsider your statement. War Eagle!

^^^Needs to keep his opinions to himself.  THis is a bammer mentality, we don't handle our business "that way" at Auburn :banghead:  You don't pull a committed schollie from one kid because another kid, who told our coaches he was going to UM, changes his mind.  Attitudes like this are why these kids and kids in general have a feeling of ENTITLEMENT. (stepping off soapbox)

44:  I'm taking a deep breath right now so that I don't talk too harshly to you as one of our young family members... But have you even read the posts on this thread?!?   To even remotely consider that AU is now recruiting like uat based upon this situation is a 100% misread of the situation.  In fact, if AU were recruiting like uat, we would not be having this conversation at all because the coaches would have happily kicked another recruit to the curb to take KF's commitment.  He is undoubtedly a great player, and I really hope he ends up on the plains for multple reasons, but our coaches are showing some integrity here and I would hope you reconsider your statement. War Eagle!

Very, very nice. You should work in public relations.  :thumbsup:

44:  I'm taking a deep breath right now so that I don't talk too harshly to you as one of our young family members... But have you even read the posts on this thread?!?   To even remotely consider that AU is now recruiting like uat based upon this situation is a 100% misread of the situation.  In fact, if AU were recruiting like uat, we would not be having this conversation at all because the coaches would have happily kicked another recruit to the curb to take KF's commitment.  He is undoubtedly a great player, and I really hope he ends up on the plains for multple reasons, but our coaches are showing some integrity here and I would hope you reconsider your statement. War Eagle!

I'm with Mayor; that was pretty impressive. Thank you for explaining it so well before I saw the post.

Buddy McClinton walked on and made all american as a safety. That being said, nobody postin here knows as much as our coaching staff what our areas of greatest need are and who can best fill them. Whatever they decide is fine with me, even though like everybody else, I don't get a vote.

Archived