Kris Frost.

aurules16

So I guess the question everyone wants to know is - WHEN WILL THE RECRUITING SERVICES COUNT HIM IN OUR SIGNING CLASS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He should've been on there this entire time and they seriously need to correct their mistakes and stop playing coach...

But sadly they may not do it til he signs his LOI on NSD.

So the only problem is that the "greyshirt" agreement was made public so the sites are going to hold showing him for now?  That is crazy, I think that shows even more of a commitment from a player if they are willing to come out of pocket to go to a school.  Welcome aboard Kris and War Eagle.

Just because ST said it does not mean the Pay Sites are buying it...even though they should.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess the question everyone wants to know is - WHEN WILL THE RECRUITING SERVICES COUNT HIM IN OUR SIGNING CLASS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He should've been on there this entire time and they seriously need to correct their mistakes and stop playing coach...

I'm still confused as to why he wouldn't enroll early.

Because going part-time for 3 semesters is very expensive at Auburn...Even enrolling in June he will have to pay  2 semesters out of pocket (Summer and Fall)

its funny how Rivals shows Auburn as the ONLY college choice for KF, but wont add him to our commitment list. I guess they think Saban still has a shot at him  :laugh:

Because going part-time for 3 semesters is very expensive at Auburn...Even enrolling in June he will have to pay  semesters out of pocket (Summer and Fall)

so you know the reason is finances or is that pure speculation?

Because going part-time for 3 semesters is very expensive at Auburn...Even enrolling in June he will have to pay  semesters out of pocket (Summer and Fall)

If I was a coach and had to ask a player to take a gray sirt, I would not tell him he has to enroll early and pay a 3rd semester out of pocket. That would seem pretty low of a coach to do in my opinion.

Every year teams over sign and almost every time someone ends up grayshirting. As far as I know they are still in that class as far as the recruiting services are concerned. i see no reason for this situation to be any different if it ends up being this way in the end. I don't know anything about it though so grain of salt it.

Even though we are told AU is choice for him I find it hard to believe KF's parents and him are willing to pay two or three semesters.  If so...WOW....I'm shocked at his dedication and commitment.

That's an Auburn Man.  Reserve the #18 for KF.

Even though we are told AU is choice for him I find it hard to believe KF's parents and him are willing to pay two or three semesters.  If so...WOW....I'm shocked at his dedication and commitment.

Why? 1. We are a family and 2. Michigan did not even have a coach at that time.

Sounds like a safe assumption to me. Even though I REALLY want KF to be a part of this class, I have to commend our staff for doing the right thing. He let them know he was choosing Michigan but had a change of heart. We had already given his spot away and our staff isn't willing to break a promise they made with another recruit. It is a win-win situation and one that i'm sure kris and his family understands about this staff. It is AUsome that they are willing to pay a little bit for Kris to come here when he could easily go to Michigan with a full ride. It is a safe assumption that all parties understand this and our staff is just trying to be as accomadating as they can with Kris and his family under the circumstances, by giving him the best possible advice they can.

Sounds like a safe assumption to me. Even thought I REALLY want KF to be a part of this class, I have to commend our staff for doing the right thing. He let them know he was choosing Michigan but had a change of heart. We had already given his spot away and our staff isn't willing to break a promise they made with another recruit. It is a win-win situation and one that i'm sure kris and his family understands about this staff. It is AUsome that they are willing to pay a little bit for Kris to come here when he could easily go to Michigan with a full ride. It is a safe assumption that all parties understand this and our staff is just trying to be as accomadating as they can with Kris and his family under the circumstances, by giving him the best possible advice they can.

Ya'll do realize there is good news here right?...It means we have 7 or 8 silent commits right now.  :we:

To me this shows great integrity and honor regarding our coaches. Think about it... Frost himself has stated that he had a conversation with the coaches before commiting. He wanted to go to Mich and let our coaches know that and we wished him well and moved on. After RR was fired he and his parents decided that AU would be the school. He calls our coaches and tells them that he has had a change of heart and our coaches let him know that the scholarship was given to another player and we had to honor our word. Frost and his parent discuss this with that in mind and decide that AU was definitely the place that he needed to be.

If you do not see that our coaches are working with integrity when it comes to the lives of these young men that commit to Auburn University then I don't know what you are seeing. Our coaches have proved they they are not willing to make promises just to keep a kid. That there word is there bond and they expect the same from the recruit as well. (See RB commit from last year that went to Clemson)

I for one trust our coaches and believe in them. Our Mods have not been wrong. Our VIP's (AUQBdad) have not been wrong. They are not doing this for money but for the love of AU. I trust exactly what they say because there motives are clear to me.

This should tell us fans how fortunate we are to have this University, these coaches, these players and recruits, this site, these Mods, and the great info that drives our fanaticism. I love it!

1TT

"Growing in Greatness"

Why? 1. We are a family and 2. Michigan did not even have a coach at that time.

It speaks volumes of Kris and his family for understanding and the love they feel for all that is AU.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. Why would a kid with a countless number of offers pay his own way for a semester? If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and apologize, but this doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. Why would a kid with a countless number of offers pay his own way for a semester? If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and apologize, but this doesn't make any sense.

Because he sees Auburn as the best fit for him, where he will feel the most comfortable and thereby be able to perform the best both in the classroom and on the field, which means more money for him either way when he graduates? If his parents had as much to do with his decision as it sounds like they did, then I imagine they imparted him with some wisdom and foresight not usually present in kids his age...

Believe it.

Ok I am going Crow hunting then. Who's with me?...and you do not fully believe in Auburn in that case my friend, or you are just a natural pessimist.

We have had numerous guys who have walked on at AU over the years, who had offers from other schools, but really wanted to be at AU... not far fetched, or that uncommon at all...

I would think the coaches have told him that if any of the other signees doesn't get in for any reason...grades, etc.

that he be a full scholarship and join the team in the fall. It seems like there are always one or two players that don't make it in.

Sounds like a safe assumption to me. Even thought I REALLY want KF to be a part of this class, I have to commend our staff for doing the right thing. He let them know he was choosing Michigan but had a change of heart. We had already given his spot away and our staff isn't willing to break a promise they made with another recruit. It is a win-win situation and one that i'm sure kris and his family understands about this staff. It is AUsome that they are willing to pay a little bit for Kris to come here when he could easily go to Michigan with a full ride. It is a safe assumption that all parties understand this and our staff is just trying to be as accomadating as they can with Kris and his family under the circumstances, by giving him the best possible advice they can.

Ya'll do realize there is good news here right?...It means we have 7 or 8 silent commits right now.  :we:

I feel that we have several silent commits, four or five to be more exact, but we're more or less holding spots open for a few of the top guys on our board. There is a chance that Kris get a scholly if we miss on one of our big targets. We're sitting very pretty right now tho..

If I had the financial resources as a parent, and this all went down as described here, you'd have to respect the AU coaches and the "family" pitch all the more. It's impressive. That alone would be an incentive to send my kid to AU.

The problem here, guys, is that Michigan has a new coach, and Kris didn't enroll for this semester.  Michigan is going to be in his ear.  I'm not saying Kris won't end up at AU as I have no insider info at all.  However, logic dictates that this may not be over. 

Very true and I totally agree.....but Kris and his parents said when they announced, that their decision was final and they would do whatever is necessary to be at AU.

The problem here, guys, is that Michigan has a new coach, and Kris didn't enroll for this semester.  Michigan is going to be in his ear.  I'm not saying Kris won't end up at AU as I have no insider info at all.  However, logic dictates that this may not be over. 

His parents have been all-in for some time now.  Perhaps he has seen the light too.

Archived