Kris Frost.

aurules16

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like Bryan Matthews was right..... damn

Pretty sure that Bryan Matthews said that we wouldn't accept Frost's commitment.  That's pretty far off.

I also agree AuBigBlue.  Frost taking the greyshirt seems like the right way to go, morally.

The day he committed I had a post typed up about Frost. I stated that the coaches should greyshirt Frost instead of pulling the scholly from under another recruit. I actually hit post but there were new replies and it didn't post. I decided against posting it because I figured some would find it in bad taste.

I think it's the most appropriate way to go about the situation. With Frost knowing the situation and still committing to AU it should tell you what an outstanding job our coaches are doing. Not only that but they are going about it the "Right" way and not using people.

So in summation: Our coaches just won a National Title and their telling a 4* athlete he will have to greyshirt because he came late to the party. This class is going to be awesome.

Here's what ST just posted on Twitter.

Frost Update: It appears that he and his parents have a mutual agreement with the coaching staff that he will receive a grayshirt offer but could not enroll early. If Auburn has a scholar open on NSD that he will receive one. That's what I am hearing.

So the question is, does he want to be at Auburn bad enough that he will wait around, or will he go ahead and commit to Michigan?

That echoes what I've been hearing. From what I have heard, his parents support his decision to come to Auburn enough that they are willing to pay his tuition for a semester. I didn't want to say anything because of the potential of changes that might occur, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens.

So why can;t a grey shirt go ahead and enroll now?

He could, but rather than having to pay his own way for one semester (fall) he would have to pay for Spring and Fall before his scholarship became available.  Sounds like they just don't want him to bet 2 semesters of school on us missing on one of our targets on NSD.

I think the big question is whether this "agreement" took place before or after he committed to us.  If it was before, then we would not have had any of this hoopla because it would be like any committ where there was a greyshirt understanding.  So this had to have just been hashed out, which means BM's point was basically correct at the time he made his statement (that KF did not have a full committable offer at the time).  The biggest question now is does he stay committed to us.  I would think that UM will hold a spot open for him on NSD if he doesn't go ahead and switch now, in hopes that we miss on him.  If the kid really wants to be a Tiger, he can pay for school for one semester and become one.  I guess this is one way to see where his heart is, although I know this is not the coaches intent.

Frost Update: It appears that he and his parents have a mutual agreement with the coaching staff that he will receive a grayshirt offer but could not enroll early. If Auburn has a scholar open on NSD that he will receive one. That's what I am hearing.

So the question is, does he want to be at Auburn bad enough that he will wait around, or will he go ahead and commit to Michigan?

That echoes what I've been hearing. From what I have heard, his parents support his decision to come to Auburn enough that they are willing to pay his tuition for a semester. I didn't want to say anything because of the potential of changes that might occur, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens.

They did say Auburn was the final decision and they would do whatever it took to get him here.

I just spoke to Auburn Compliance and they told me if a player is Gray shirted and then enrolls full time next January then the player can still count to the 2010 class if openings are created because of attrition the time the student athlet enrolls full time. Otherwise the player goes under the 25 and 85 NCAA limits in 2011. I post this because there was a question about it last week.

They did say Auburn was the final decision and they would do whatever it took to get him here.

Exactly.

I just spoke to Auburn Compliance and they told me if a player is Gray shirted and then enrolls full time next January then the player can still count to the 2010 class if openings are created because of attrition the time the student athlet enrolls full time. Otherwise the player goes under the 25 and 85 NCAA limits in 2011. I post this because there was a question about it last week.

Great info. Thanks!

Holy cow... this guy is more than a "four star athlete". I think he is rated 6.0 on rivals, and he really, really showed out at the AAA game to my eyes. I mean, I was seeing future ALL SEC LB when I watched him play, and we're talking about grey shirting him?? Maybe I was just paying more attention to him than some of the others, but I thought he was one of the more impressive athletes on the field.

For my own selfish reasons, I want him to count towards our class to give us the must 4 star players possible!! As long as he ends up on the plains that's all that really matters, though... if he does decide to go to Michigan atleast we will never have to play against him

Thanks for the clarification, ellitor. Good job man

I think the big question is whether this "agreement" took place before or after he committed to us.  If it was before, then we would not have had any of this hoopla because it would be like any committ where there was a greyshirt understanding.  So this had to have just been hashed out, which means BM's point was basically correct at the time he made his statement (that KF did not have a full committable offer at the time).  The biggest question now is does he stay committed to us.  I would think that UM will hold a spot open for him on NSD if he doesn't go ahead and switch now, in hopes that we miss on him.  If the kid really wants to be a Tiger, he can pay for school for one semester and become one.  I guess this is one way to see where his heart is, although I know this is not the coaches intent.

This is incorrect. According to ST. It was worked out before Frost committed. BM was not privy to that knowledge.

For my own selfish reasons, I want him to count towards our class to give us the must 4 star players possible!! As long as he ends up on the plains that's all that really matters, though... if he does decide to go to Michigan atleast we will never have to play against him

As long as KF comes to AU he will count on the recruiting websites for this year whether he is grayshirted or not. The recruiting websites will not project a gray shirt forward a year.

If this was hashed out before the commitment then I am very impressed. VERY! I mean the guy grew up a Michigan fan and I'm sure he has a full ride waiting on him there. He will willing to take a grey shirt from AU instead! That my friends is an Auburn Man! War Eagle to you Mr Frost!  :we::wareagle:

So I guess the question everyone wants to know is - WHEN WILL THE RECRUITING SERVICES COUNT HIM IN OUR SIGNING CLASS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He should've been on there this entire time and they seriously need to correct their mistakes and stop playing coach...

So I guess the question everyone wants to know is - WHEN WILL THE RECRUITING SERVICES COUNT HIM IN OUR SIGNING CLASS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He should've been on there this entire time and they seriously need to correct their mistakes and stop playing coach...

But sadly they may not do it til he signs his LOI on NSD.

So the only problem is that the "greyshirt" agreement was made public so the sites are going to hold showing him for now?  That is crazy, I think that shows even more of a commitment from a player if they are willing to come out of pocket to go to a school.  Welcome aboard Kris and War Eagle.

I'm still confused as to why he wouldn't enroll early.

Archived