Kris Frost.

aurules16

How could the coaches possibly turn away a 4 star LB commitment?! They are starting to recruit like Saban. Of all the "silent commits" that we have, I am sure that none are at a greater position of need than Frost is. We are in desperate need of LB's. I swear if Brandon Fulse is one of these "silent commits" when we have a great TE for another 2 years, then these coaches just screwed up big time.

44:  I'm taking a deep breath right now so that I don't talk too harshly to you as one of our young family members... But have you even read the posts on this thread?!?   To even remotely consider that AU is now recruiting like uat based upon this situation is a 100% misread of the situation.  In fact, if AU were recruiting like uat, we would not be having this conversation at all because the coaches would have happily kicked another recruit to the curb to take KF's commitment.  He is undoubtedly a great player, and I really hope he ends up on the plains for multple reasons, but our coaches are showing some integrity here and I would hope you reconsider your statement. War Eagle!

Very nice indeed. 

I took a deep breath, and then another ... and STILL wanted to ________ excuse me while I take a few more.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could the coaches possibly turn away a 4 star LB commitment?! They are starting to recruit like Saban. Of all the "silent commits" that we have, I am sure that none are at a greater position of need than Frost is. We are in desperate need of LB's. I swear if Brandon Fulse is one of these "silent commits" when we have a great TE for another 2 years, then these coaches just screwed up big time.

44:  I'm taking a deep breath right now so that I don't talk too harshly to you as one of our young family members... But have you even read the posts on this thread?!?   To even remotely consider that AU is now recruiting like uat based upon this situation is a 100% misread of the situation.  In fact, if AU were recruiting like uat, we would not be having this conversation at all because the coaches would have happily kicked another recruit to the curb to take KF's commitment.  He is undoubtedly a great player, and I really hope he ends up on the plains for multple reasons, but our coaches are showing some integrity here and I would hope you reconsider your statement. War Eagle!

When I said that we are recruiting like bama, I meant that we are recruiting for the players themselves, not because they are a position of need. Kris Frost was in a MAJOR position of need, and we would take a player like Brandon Fulse (who is likely one of our silents) over him, when we have another great TE  already here and CJ Uzomah already commited.

OK you guys may be tried of hearing this but one more time. Please trust our coaches. Have they failed us yep? I promise I will not post this statement again on this thread. I mean after 20 something pages my fingers and eyes are getting tried.

When I said that we are recruiting like bama, I meant that we are recruiting for the players themselves, not because they are a position of need. Kris Frost was in a MAJOR position of need, and we would take a player like Brandon Fulse (who is likely one of our silents) over him, when we have another great TE  already here and CJ Uzomah already commited.

We understood what you were saying. But then again, we also have two linebacker recruits plus a defensive back plenty big enough to put on a little muscle and play linebacker, not to mention a running back recruit who also happens to be one of the top linebacker prospects in the country. Not to mention that Frost will start at receiver, a position which we are loaded at.

So it isn't as if we're slacking off recruiting linebackers.

Besides, speaking of Fulse, he plays defensive end in high school as well as tight end, and as athletic as he is, I wouldn't put it past him to learn linebacker if we really needed him to.

No, what you were suggesting is that we tell a silent commitment, a player whose commitment the coaches have already taken, that oops, we're sorry, but we don't need you anymore. Right. Because Bama doesn't do that.

Glanced at 44's recent posts...you're on a roll dude. Good luck with your clash with our Mods ;).

Anyway, I'd trust the coaches to determine whether or not Fulse is a position of need. You don't know CJ's potential at that position, nor Malzahn's plans for it. Maybe he has visions of putting both Fulse and Lutz on the field at once and doing something awesome.  You never know.  At this point, if everything went down as people have stated (Frost told the coaches he wanted to go to Michigan or somehow didn't get in his silent commitment in time), asking him to take the grey-shirt is most definitely the right thing to do over asking someone else grey-shirt.

Glanced at 44's recent posts...you're on a roll dude.  Good luck with your clash with our Mods ;)

Anyway, I'd trust the coaches to determine whether or not Fulse is a position of need.  You don't know CJ's potential at that position, nor Malzahn's plans for it.  Maybe he has visions of putting both Fulse and Lutz on the field at once and doing something awesome.  You never know.  At this point, if everything went down as people have stated (Frost told the coaches he wanted to go to Michigan or somehow didn't get in his silent commitment in time), asking him to take the grey-shirt is most definitely the right thing to do over asking someone else grey-shirt.

This.  Are coaches wouldn't want to pull a Nick Saban.

Glanced at 44's recent posts...you're on a roll dude.  Good luck with your clash with our Mods ;)

Anyway, I'd trust the coaches to determine whether or not Fulse is a position of need.  You don't know CJ's potential at that position, nor Malzahn's plans for it.  Maybe he has visions of putting both Fulse and Lutz on the field at once and doing something awesome.  You never know.  At this point, if everything went down as people have stated (Frost told the coaches he wanted to go to Michigan or somehow didn't get in his silent commitment in time), asking him to take the grey-shirt is most definitely the right thing to do over asking someone else grey-shirt.

I glanced at 44's profile, which says 44 is actually 16 (years old, that is). I'm not defending the content of the posts, but maybe we should ease up. I know that if I really care about something, it's sometimes really difficult not to defend myself, even if I've done something wrong .....

Anyway, as far as I can tell in my time here, the mods do a great job of keeping the site "Family" friendly.

I glanced at 44's profile, which says 44 is actually 16 (years old, that is). I'm not defending the content of the posts, but maybe we should ease up. I know that if I really care about something, it's sometimes really difficult not to defend myself, even if I've done something wrong .....

Anyway, as far as I can tell in my time here, the mods do a great job of keeping the site "Family" friendly.

The posts I were referring to are gone now...not sure if you caught them.  Mods did take action to keep it civil ;).

I also don't agree that being 16 is a good excuse for stepping out of line (not that I'm claiming he did that in this thread since it's not my place to do so).  I'm not that far removed from 16 myself, and I've known plenty of mature 16 year olds.

The posts I were referring to are gone now...not sure if you caught them.  Mods did take action to keep it civil ;).

I also don't agree that being 16 is a good excuse for stepping out of line (not that I'm claiming he did that in this thread since it's not my place to do so).  I'm not that far removed from 16 myself, and I've known plenty of mature 16 year olds.

wait, so I'm immature because a mod on this site called me a moron?

[

The Mods rule and deserve some real appreciation.  :bow:

There are real only 2 things to beleive about this situation.  Either the class is totally full.  This would mean that all of the indecision with some of our top prospects is staged and they have already comitted to the coaches.  Or we are almost full and have a few spots open for the top dogs like Westerman and Drew if they decide to sign with us.  I hope the latter is not true.  If this is the case I agree with others that we may have made the wrong decision.  Kris Frost was an early enrolleee and one of the best in the country at a position of need for us.  Leaving a scholly open for an undecided player, when a player of Frost's caliber is waiting in the wings, just does not make sense.  The only logical deduction I can make is that we really were at full capicity and did the right thing in not turning any of the already commited away.

Glanced at 44's recent posts...you're on a roll dude. Good luck with your clash with our Mods ;).

Anyway, I'd trust the coaches to determine whether or not Fulse is a position of need. You don't know CJ's potential at that position, nor Malzahn's plans for it. Maybe he has visions of putting both Fulse and Lutz on the field at once and doing something awesome. You never know. At this point, if everything went down as people have stated (Frost told the coaches he wanted to go to Michigan or somehow didn't get in his silent commitment in time), asking him to take the grey-shirt is most definitely the right thing to do over asking someone else grey-shirt.

The posts I were referring to are gone now...not sure if you caught them. Mods did take action to keep it civil ;).

I also don't agree that being 16 is a good excuse for stepping out of line (not that I'm claiming he did that in this thread since it's not my place to do so). I'm not that far removed from 16 myself, and I've known plenty of mature 16 year olds.

No, I feel like you're immature because you seem to have extremely strong opinions that rely on your own assumptions and tend to get up in arms about them easily. Calling out our coaches for recruiting like Saban is a prime example.

EDIT: anyway, lets either drop this, or you can PM me if you really want to continue it.  I'd rather not be a reason for a thread going off topic like this...

No, I feel like you're immature because you seem to have extremely strong opinions that rely on your own assumptions and tend to get up in arms about them easily.  Calling out our coaches for recruiting like Saban is a prime example.

EDIT: anyway, lets either drop this, or you can PM me if you really want to continue it.  I'd rather not be a reason for a thread going off topic like this...

How the heck is it even possible to have an "extremely strong opinion" on here when I can hardly say my opinion without being bashed?

AU's coaching staff just proved they are top-notch by producing a NC in 2-years...

& they are masters @ the recruiting game...

Kris Frost's commitment was not done in a void...AU has recruited him for a long time...

Nor is his commitment, and the rest of this class' commitments for that matter, is/are being handled by rank amateurs...

Trust the professionals to do their job and I expect we will be pleased with the results... TRUST the COACHES...  

44:  Your memory is not serving you very well.  The only person that called anyone a moron was you!!!  In fact, this is exactly what you said:

"Yeah, we did just win a championship, and all of that could be taken away because one man is a complete moron"

The moderator simply asked the admittedly leading question: "you?"

Move along.

everyone is saying we parted ways and are done with that.  bummer.  We better have some good players coming our way to turn down a player like Frost. 

everyone is saying we parted ways and are done with that.  bummer.  We better have some good players coming our way to turn down a player like Frost. 

Who is everyone?

Who is "everyone"? I know no people who are saying this.

Archived