Paul Rhoades at Iowa State

auguy85

I heard last year that Rhoades took some pot shots at Coach Chizik about having to retrain the team to tackle.

Any one else read that one? I saw the highlights of Iowa-Iowa State yesterday and wondered what technique that was. It looked like guys tryng to play flag football.

Anyone else notice how bad his defense played?

I heard last year that Rhoades took some pot shots at Coach Chizik about having to retrain the team to tackle.

Any one else read that one? I saw the highlights of Iowa-Iowa State yesterday and wondered what technique that was. It looked like guys tryng to play flag football.

It's been 2 years.  I like Coach Rhoades for the most part, but he needs to get off it.  If he doesn't like how something is done and hasn't changed it by now, he only has himself to blame.  Can't point fingers at the guy who is long gone.  Seems like a scapegoat to keep blame off himself.

When it comes down to it, it has more to do with the fact that the talent at ISU just isn't that good.

borack put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard did you watch Thur night game it wasnt the defense havin problems tackling

Rhodes' defense played pass defense and tackled better than our current defense, so I don't think that you can criticize his coaching on that.

I know it's being discussed on every thread on this board (it seems), but what is with all the negativity being spewed on this site????  Every article I read has at least a few that remind me of why I quit visiting al.com, ITAT, etc. 

I am not saying we should all live in candy land, where we are perfect every day and never do anything wrong, but I would hope to see CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!! 

I have seen good things and bad things from the team this year, but the one thing that is constant is that I am not one of the coaches.  As much as I want to see Big Sexy running the ball, or Trovon Reed lighting up defenses, I have to remind myself that our coaching staff is very talented, and know what is best for our team.

Let's all try to have a more positive outlook for the season.

War Damn Eagle!

I know it's being discussed on every thread on this board (it seems), but what is with all the negativity being spewed on this site????  Every article I read has at least a few that remind me of why I quit visiting al.com, ITAT, etc. 

I am not saying we should all live in candy land, where we are perfect every day and never do anything wrong, but I would hope to see CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!! 

I have seen good things and bad things from the team this year, but the one thing that is constant is that I am not one of the coaches.  As much as I want to see Big Sexy running the ball, or Trovon Reed lighting up defenses, I have to remind myself that our coaching staff is very talented, and know what is best for our team.

War Damn Eagle!

Well said AuburnGrad97.  Don't know wtf was up with the comment about Rhoads defense being better than AU's current D.  I think that Roof will impress us this year with this schemes and game preparation.

i think what was said is, when asked how he turned a team that was 5-19 in 2 previous years to a 7 win bowl team he responded that he had to teach fundamental tackling all over.  he said he had to start from scratch. they were going for the knockout every play instead of wrapping up and letting teamates help. it is well known that chiz coaches to "bring your feet" so it was a difference in style. it worked well for rhoades. i think it takes superior talent to play d the way chiz coaches. they are both good coaches.

War Damn Eagle!

Right on target!

Mark who they are, and if we all ignore them maybe they will get the hint....

War Damn Eagle!

After this weeks game I'm going to start a thread and name it O.R.T.  Win or loss the nay sayers can post all they want in the Over Reaction Thread.  It is just part of passionate football.  On Monday's here in Dallas one of the guys on radio has labeled it Over Reaction Mondays.  :laugh: Cause if the Cowboys win or loss the call waves or enamored with listeners over reacting.  Every time he says it I laugh. 

War Damn Eagle!

After this weeks game I'm going to start a thread and name it O.R.T.  Win or loss the nay sayers can post all they want in the Over Reaction Thread.  It is just part of passionate football.  On Monday's here in Dallas one of the guys on radio has labeled it Over Reaction Mondays.  :laugh: Cause if the Cowboys win or loss the call waves or enamored with listeners over reacting.  Every time he says it I laugh. 

I think this is a great idea, because I'll never go there unless I have suicidal tendencies!!  Mods, create a new category for it!!

And can we restrict the naysayers to posting only on that one thread?

I have a thorough list already compiled of likely candidates, starting with Mr. Sunshine on this thread...

It's been 2 years.  I like Coach Rhoades for the most part, but he needs to get off it.  If he doesn't like how something is done and hasn't changed it by now, he only has himself to blame.  Can't point fingers at the guy who is long gone.  Seems like a scapegoat to keep blame off himself.

When it comes down to it, it has more to do with the fact that the talent at ISU just isn't that good.

no political discussions, please

Bird, that was subtle, but I caught it!!

:bow:

As subtle as a punch to the groin?

Nice move, having a political discussion while not having a political discussion. You need to call a mod.

War Damn Eagle!

I would actually LOVE to see a forum started up for over reactions and topics that are beating a dead horse. Instead of people b*tching and moaning about someone being negative or bringing up the same thing over and over the Mods can just move it to where those poster's can be left alone.

borack put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard did you watch Thur night game it wasnt the defense havin problems tackling

Rhodes' defense played pass defense and tackled better than our current defense, so I don't think that you can criticize his coaching on that.

He's past the pipe already and moved on to the needle. Go away.

Archived