Charles is an IDIOT!

gAUlf

He just claimed on the Dan Patrick show he recieved money from agents while at Auburn!  :banghead:

Probably did. But that was 26 years ago. Not a problem for Auburn.

Oh I'm sure nothing will come of it. He was speaking on the Reggie Bush situation, and said players need to be paid upfront by the NCAA. Then said he did the same the Reggie did, but paid the money back when he went pro. :-\

Don't think it was a zinger, dude just can't help but say whatever comes to mind.

I suppose they could make us scratch the games when he was here. But thats about all that will come of this. I doubt they even do that though.

I don't think his intentions were to get Auburn in trouble or misrepresent AU.  I think he was honestly trying to make a point about high profile college athletes taking money from agents.  Dang, give him a little credit since he did pay the agent back. 

That was a shot at the state of college athletics not a shot at AU. Seems like every time someone mentions AU our fans think we are getting slighted somehow. Whatever he said happened took place a long time ago and I don't believe there is a thing big brother can do about it. Statute of Limitations would be the answer here. Truth be told I know a truck load of guys that played college ball at AU and a number of other schools including 1-AA schools who received some kind of payment while they were enrolled in school. Its not uncommon. For every one player you hear about getting money there are a hundred more you will never hear about. When it comes to the SEC they earned the reputation as the dirtiest league fair and square. What is the old league saying, if you're not cheating you're not trying!

O no!! I hope that doesn't mean NCAA investigation. They are going to take away our wins from when Charles was here.

Funniest thing I've heard all day!

I just read about this, and the first thing that came to my mind was "This is just one more reason Auburn should completely disassociate itself from this idiot."  What an idiot.  I know this happened years ago, but isn't there a chance that someone could start connecting dots and wind up a little closer to present day?

I just read about this, and the first thing that came to my mind was "This is just one more reason Auburn should completely disassociate itself from this idiot."  What an idiot.  I know this happened years ago, but isn't there a chance that someone could start connecting dots and wind up a little closer to present day?

Can't disassociate from Charles, unfortunately. Pretty sure he's still one of the top money donors for Auburn Athletics

Can't disassociate from Charles, unfortunately. Pretty sure he's still one of the top money donors for Auburn Athletics

The only reason he donates is so that he can have a hand in things re:coaches hirings.  I know money makes the world go round, but can't someone wise up and say "If all your gonna do is make us look goofy, we don't need your money."

The only reason he donates is so that he can have a hand in things re:coaches hirings.  I know money makes the world go round, but can't someone wise up and say "If all your gonna do is make us look goofy, we don't need your money."

That can't be the reason because he has influenced a coaches hiring yet. Everyone knows he definitely wasn't telling JJ to pick Chizik.

Hes  the biggest name Auburn basketball has to its credit and he has donated large amounts of money. I dont like to hear the guy talk either, but hes still done more good for Auburn over the years than bad in my opinion.

Besides, anybody in the general public who knows anything about Charles will know not to take anything he says very seriously.

Oh Charles...guys, he can't help it.  He says what is on his mind.  He is honest to a fault.  I mean the guy told the cop that pulled him over drunk that he was going to get a BJ.  Doesn't every family have one?  He may not always make us proud, but he is a member of the family anyways. 

That was a shot at the state of college athletics not a shot at AU. Seems like every time someone mentions AU our fans think we are getting slighted somehow. Whatever he said happened took place a long time ago and I don't believe there is a thing big brother can do about it. Statute of Limitations would be the answer here. Truth be told I know a truck load of guys that played college ball at AU and a number of other schools including 1-AA schools who received some kind of payment while they were enrolled in school. Its not uncommon. For every one player you hear about getting money there are a hundred more you will never hear about. When it comes to the SEC they earned the reputation as the dirtiest league fair and square. What is the old league saying, if you're not cheating you're not trying!

Too much truth here. And his main shot was college athletics overall; not Auburn. Like it or not, Charles can be too candid sometimes.

After any of you have done 1/ 100th in money or recognization for Auburn what Charles has done you can call him an idiot til then just shut up about him good grief a bunch of whiney b... you are

Archived