What will be our first play from scrimmage?

aucanucktiger

I'm thinking some kind of man blocking scheme inside run. #44 Power, Iso, something like that.

malzahn_power.png

I like this play- they will be expecting a zone read to the left, so we flip it and run to the right. Catch em totally off guard.

They will run a 3 man front on us to start the game with LBs up and or CB crashing, but this play works for me. I know we want to throw the ball however I expect us to run run run and the first play will go for just a couple yards. People are jacked and assignments are missed that first play but after that woosh watch out

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus wants to control the game. It will be a conservative, easy mix run - probably a power -I up the middle type just to settle the players and get that first hit behind them. Slow to show we can move the chains until first down, then at pace rest of the drive. We score on our first possession and stop Arky on their first possession. Then the Gus Bus leaves the station at full speed and never look back.

I'm thinking some kind of man blocking scheme inside run. #44 Power, Iso, something like that.

malzahn_power.png

I like this play- they will be expecting a zone read to the left, so we flip it and run to the right. Catch em totally off guard.

They will run a 3 man front on us to start the game with LBs up and or CB crashing, but this play works for me. I know we want to throw the ball however I expect us to run run run and the first play will go for just a couple yards. People are jacked and assignments are missed that first play but after that woosh watch out

3 man front means better leverage on DL, and we can put some pulling OL on their LBs. PANCAKES!

option play. nick either hands it to cap or throws a screen to duke

don't think they'll use duke for screens he's not the speedy type of wr,still one heck of a wr! think i'll change that to ricardo

Errant pass to side of Bret Bielema's head... in wide eyed amazement he opens wide and swallows.

(Passes ball on their 1st possession.)

Now knowing Marshall will not start and Kozan is out for the season, it will be a fairly standard, power run up the middle by CAP. Would be nice to come out in a wildcat with CAP and Grant side-by-side in the backfield and and no indication of who the snap will go to.

Marshall walking on the field and throwing a 80 yard touchdown to Jonathan Mincy

Bielema walks over to the AU sideline and calls Malzahn a liar, who responds "Suck a hog fat boy!"

I'd like to see it....

Marshall walking on the field and throwing a 80 yard touchdown to Jonathan Mincy

Bielema walks over to the AU sideline and calls Malzahn a liar, who responds "Suck a hog fat boy!"

I'd like to see it....

If that happens, I'll go outside of the stadium on campus and cook 500 pounds of bacon for everyone to enjoy!

Well, since we know it'll be JJ starting at QB now:

Zone-read which he keeps and runs for a TD looking every bit as elusive as Nick. Puts to rest any fantasies that he's only a "passing" QB and causes Bielema to make a quick trip to the locker room to change his pants.

Play action pass to Coates for a TD.

JJ throws it. Defense forces 3 and out. NM comes in our next offensive series and runs the same play, resulting in a 14 point lead after 2 offensive plays.

Definitely needs to soften up coverage for better success in run game. You know Arky will load the box early and often. Need a 10 yard out route off PA or something similar to loosen up D and let JJ get in rhythm.

We're gonna do the first drive at warp speed and do all our plays from the extra point formation

I'd like to see it....

Nah, Gus' response would be "They weren't on the kickoff and that is what started the game"

Archived