4 runs of 20-yds or more

2 runs of 30-yds or more

28 runs of no gain or loss

2004:

20 runs of 10-yds or more

4 runs of 20-yds or more

0 runs of 30-yds or more

27 runs of no gain or loss.

Sure would be nice to see him rip a 60 yard TD run this weekend!

I'm surprised that he's that close to last season running totals. It just seems that he's been shut down more this year compared to last year. Other than having no over 30 yd runs, he's on about the same pace as last year. I think he's ready to break out and rip some long ones. Not only against UK, but in all remaining games.

You may not be able to come up with this but one question. What do his stats look like for his first carry of each game this year vs last year. It just seemed in every game last year, he came out fired up and the first one was a long one. Example: the long run against UAT last year.

I'm surprised that he's that close to last season running totals.  It just seems that he's been shut down more this year compared to last year. Other than having no over 30 yd runs, he's on about the same pace as last year.  I think he's ready to break out and rip some long ones. Not only against UK, but in all remaining games.

You may not be able to come up with this but one question.  What do his stats look like for his first carry of each game this year vs last year.  It just seemed in every game last year, he came out fired up and the first one was a long one.  Example:  the long run against UAT last year.

113869[/snapback]

2003: 75yds-7 carries

2004: 37yds-7 carries

For the entire 2003 season: 179yds-13 carries :cheer::cheer:

What about total yards to this point?  I konw they aren't as close...

113870[/snapback]

After 7 games:

2003: 713yds-138-10tds / 5.2 avg

2004: 617yds-134-6tds / 4.6 avg

2003: 75yds-7 carries

2004: 37yds-7 carries

For the entire 2003 season: 179yds-13 carries  :cheer:   :cheer:

113872[/snapback]

Damn, Stat, that must be one helluva spreadsheet you have. If it is thorough enough to be able to pull up stats for each individual carry, as per the answer above, that is unreal? It's almost like....................ask me anything, I got the answer.

Just curious. Do you enter data after every play, or what. I was thinking you might just take the official stats after the game is over and that is what you pull your numbers from. But it seems to be much more complete than that. Again, that is unreal that you have that much data.

I've never heard Stat give up his source of power ;) Just like a magician never gives away a secret.

Just curious. Do you enter data after every play, or what.  I was thinking you might just take the official stats after the game is over and that is what you pull your numbers from.  But it seems to be much more complete than that.  Again, that is unreal that you have that much data.

113892[/snapback]

I have a rather large database on Auburn football. I don't track every player by play, though I do keep their individual stats per game. I do chart each play of certain skilled players like our QB's and starting runningbacks. I started keeping data on each game from the 80's and each year, I would find other categories to keep data on. Over the course of time, my database has grown. I've also charted every play of every game since 1992.

Funny you post this stat. I have been thinking he is ready for a signature game real soon.

113912[/snapback]

I can only try to imagine how pumped he and Ronnie will be for the Georgia game, the Bama game, the SECCG and anything bigger!

Funny you post this stat. I have been thinking he is ready for a signature game real soon.

113912[/snapback]

I can only try to imagine how pumped he and Ronnie will be for the Georgia game, the Bama game, the SECCG and anything bigger!

113914[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, Ronnie was one of those guys who grew up in Georgia and wanted to go there, but they never offered, so he came here. I imagine he always gets up for that game. I seem to remember him playing pretty well against them 2 years ago.

There's another reason we might see more from Carnell in the remaining games--

Opponents started the season keying on Carnell and to a large degree continue to do so. That has helped keep his stats down a bit. But the days of defenses keying on him may be over--Jason Campbell and Ronnie Brown have become such major threats that opponents are beginning to realize concentrating on Carnell just leaves too many other things open.

As opponents expand their defensive play to cover all the threats, I expect Carnell to find more opportunity and an easier road to his trademark big plays.

We may not see a large increase in number of carries, because Borges is still going to spread the ball around. But I expect Carnell to have looser coverage and better opportunities on the carries he gets.

quiet i would have expected defenses to adapt as well, but it just hasn't happened yet. even last week, arkansas loaded the line when caddy was in the ace but didn't do the same thing against ronnie. they also refused to shift to pass coverage when caddy was in the game, repeatedly allowing campbell to burn them. i don't care what defenses do as long as gorgeous borges is willing to shift the offense to take advantage (which he most certainly seems to do). i love the caddilac, and i always expect great things from him.

Archived