THE ASYLUM

bigbird

For someone so sure that we have depth and for someone so adamant on a player being able to step up, he sure as hell can't or won't name a single one. It's not hard there are 4 names. Sharp, Sammons, Jackson, and that walk on Kelley. What a maroon!

bugs-bunny-what-a-maroon-gif.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@McLoofus 3..uh 4 months. 😂😂

Normally I wouldn't be a jerk about something like that but he's consistently begged to be treated that way for awhile now. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Normally I wouldn't be a jerk about something like that

Yes you would. 😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does it count if I keep telling myself this will be the last time?

It's worked for me

• Haha 1

Taking Mrs. Loof to the Johnny Mercer Theater in Savannah tonight to watch Say Anything, followed by a Q&A with John Cusack. Easy cash grab nostalgia tour for him, it seems. Absolutely stupid ticket prices. But she's excited so it's all good. I'll take any date night I can get these days. 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Taking Mrs. Loof to the Johnny Mercer Theater in Savannah tonight to watch Say Anything, followed by a Q&A with John Cusack. Easy cash grab nostalgia tour for him, it seems. Absolutely stupid ticket prices. But she's excited so it's all good. I'll take any date night I can get these days. 

What's a date night?:poke:.........................Actually the wife and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary May 25th. I was thinking maybe to celebrate we binge watch the "Trailer Park Guys" what do yall think? I think she would like Bubbles

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 8:57 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Watching Bigbird sparing with Mikey about the OL is like Trey Gowdy sparing with Peter Strzok. Very entertaining.

Gowdy strikes again. 😁

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What's a date night?:poke:.........................Actually the wife and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary May 25th. I was thinking maybe to celebrate we binge watch the "Trailer Park Guys" what do yall think? I think she would like Bubbles

I think that 30 years is amazing. And given how you are suggesting you celebrate, I mean really, truly amazing...

Image result for throw momma from the train gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Amanda and I hit 17 years in April. Some days it feels like forever others it just feels like yesterday. On our wedding day, my grandmother pulled me aside and gave me the best words of advice. She said, you may not always like her, but make sure you always love her. It took me a while to grow up, but It's served me well through our growing pains. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think that 30 years is amazing. And given how you are suggesting you celebrate, I mean really, truly amazing...

Image result for throw momma from the train gif

Well I am providing the PBR's what more could she want????????????

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@McLoofus I tried PMing you, but it says you can not receive messages.

Turns out I had some serious housekeeping to do. I've reclaimed some storage. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Gowdy strikes again. 😁

Wow, that had to hurt.  2 hours and no response, you’re bringing the A game today.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wow, that had to hurt.  2 hours and no response, you’re bringing the A game today.

Damn facts!.😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Amanda and I hit 17 years in April. Some days it feels like forever others it just feels like yesterday. On our wedding day, my grandmother pulled me aside and gave me the best words of advice. She said, you may not always like her, but make sure you always love her. It took me a while to grow up, but It's served me well through our growing pains. 

Wisdom of the elders........its amazing how much we recieve and much we absorb at a young age and how it keep us on the straight and narrow.....I miss my parents everyday.

• Like 2

So hypothetically, if Gus is replaced who would your top choices be to replace him and what criteria would you want satisfied in your new coach?

To me, pedigree is #1 followed by track record.

My list

Bob Stoops 

Josh Heupel - UCF

Dave Aranda - LSU

Jeff Scott - Clemson

Brent Venables - Clemson

Shane Beamer - OU

Brandon Streeter - Clemson

Mike Yurcich - OSU

I think we need an offensive coach that can bring in a balanced attack with a dynamic passing game. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think we need an offensive coach that can bring in a balanced attack with a dynamic passing game. 

I'm inclined to agree with this. But it's got to be a guy who will groom his assistants and then trust them to do their jobs. 

But yeah, that pedigree part. Dude's got to know who the hell he is and what the hell he's about. Our guy doesn't. 

Big shout out to co-workers who don't pick up on social cues. 

Dear chick who keeps talking to me about the apps on your kid's tablet despite me obviously ignoring you for the last 10 minutes: I genuinely wish I gave as few f**ks as you do.

@bigbird, this may be a dumb question; but how are coaches hired?  We, as fans, only can go by records, coaching style and perceived fit for the position.  When an AD does a search (or a search committee) do they include a coaches intended plans for a school based on personnel, recruiting strategies, in game decision making, etc?  Can an interview be set up to include scenario based questions?   I would hope Greene will bring a more refined interview process than what has been seen before.

Pedigree is definitely important especially if that pedigree includes some big time coaches at big time institutions. Heupel will be interesting to watch this year. It seemed he developed his backup QB enough to do an adequate job.