NCAA investigating AU?

AubTigers

Chizik's buyout is void during an open investigation so thatprobably explains why he hasn't been fired yet

Is this true or internet rumor BS? I point to Pete Carrol during the USC investigation and say youre probably talking out some orfice of your body.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviewing bama players for "honest" answers about Auburn is like interviewing IRAN for honest answers about the United States. I don't think the NCAA did this, but if they did Auburn needs to raise hell. I don't think for one minute Auburn leaked this information to kill Chizik's buyout. The AL media remains shameless and takes a page out of the 2010 smear campaign book. When are we going to reach the point where it is time to drop a dime on bama and see it through ?

War Eagle !

Chizik's buyout is void during an open investigation so thatprobably explains why he hasn't been fired yet

Is this true or internet rumor BS? I point to Pete Carrol during the USC investigation and say youre probably talking out some orfice of your body.

No, it is not true.

its all about proof, if the bama players say anything, they have to prove it. Not hearsay. PLUS, when the get to school each fall they sign that they have not committed an ncaa infractions, don't know of any infractions committed, if they don't report illegal recruitment or other infractions, they too can be in trouble. They all sign these NCAA forms. Coaches and athletes.

It sounds more like the NCAA is finally investigating bama. Wouldn't bama try to make up lies about AU to hide it? That's what they have done in the past. If they were interviewing players about AU's recruiting they would interview players at schools besides bama. So this is either a total lie or a partial lie to hide bama's problem.

its all about proof, if the bama players say anything, they have to prove it. Not hearsay. PLUS, when the get to school each fall they sign that they have not committed an ncaa infractions, don't know of any infractions committed, if they don't report illegal recruitment or other infractions, they too can be in trouble. They all sign these NCAA forms. Coaches and athletes.

Not necessarily. If testimony is given that the NCAA deems "credible" they can accept that one witness's testimony as "truth". This organization just sent Miami a letter that said "talk to us or we will assume you're guilty".

Interviewing bama players for "honest" answers about Auburn is like interviewing IRAN for honest answers about the United States. I don't think the NCAA did this, but if they did Auburn needs to raise hell. I don't think for one minute Auburn leaked this information to kill Chizik's buyout. The AL media remains shameless and takes a page out of the 2010 smear campaign book. When are we going to reach the point where it is time to drop a dime on bama and see it through ?

War Eagle !

It would make sense to leak it to make it seem like Petrino was the best we could do, because of it. A lot of holier than thous have made it difficult for the administration to hire the right man for the job, because of the holier than thou's hypocritical religious views.

Again I always point to Trent Richardson and his speeding ticket in his $50k GMC Yukon. How is this not being investigated?????

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/docs-richardsons-2011-yukon-with-large-rims-29854

Saban is the ncaa's biggest draw financially. Like him or hate him, people tune in when he's on tv. He's a sacred cow. It isn't in the ncaa's best interest to sanction him.

If anybody thinks Yeldon, Kouandjio and Callaway are clean they are blindly drinking the uat koolaid.

Along those lines.. You think they are regeretting their decisions?

War Eagle !

It would make sense to leak it to make it seem like Petrino was the best we could do, because of it. A lot of holier than thous have made it difficult for the administration to hire the right man for the job, because of the holier than thou's hypocritical religious views.

We're not smart enough to enter into this conspiracy in order to hire Petrino so it looks like a lesser hire but it's who we really wanted...way to much credit. It is what it is. No leaks, no smoke and mirrors. Until we decide to take a headhunters approach we will always be the nerd getting our lunch money taken away from us.

Again I always point to Trent Richardson and his speeding ticket in his $50k GMC Yukon. How is this not being investigated?????

http://www.sportsbyb...arge-rims-29854

Saban is the ncaa's biggest draw financially. Like him or hate him, people tune in when he's on tv. He's a sacred cow. It isn't in the ncaa's best interest to sanction him.

That has nothing to do with it IMO. The same could be said about Carroll at USCw. The Pres. of the NCAA hired saban at LSU. IF saban is ever caught cheating, that would mean he was probably cheating at LSU also. The Pres. of the NCAA can't be linked to a cheat. That is the only explanation of the rule breaking that has been documented from that side. (Calloway gets a free trip to Fl. and hid out until signing day. They admitted to it. Trent Richardsons mom "house sits". He said that himself. Hundreds upon hundreds of pictures of bama players doing shady things. No he said/he said on that one)

War Eagle !

We're not smart enough to enter into this conspiracy in order to hire Petrino so it looks like a lesser hire but it's who we really wanted...way to much credit. It is what it is. No leaks, no smoke and mirrors. Until we decide to take a headhunters approach we will always be the nerd getting our lunch money taken away from us.

I'm smart enough and I want Petrino. Maybe I sent my plan to Gogue. :-\ I think Cook, the CEO of Apple is smart enough. I think the head of the Israeli Air Force is smart enough. Plenty of super smart vets and engineers, who want Petrino. Don't sell us short!

That has nothing to do with it IMO. The same could be said about Carroll at USCw. The Pres. of the NCAA hired saban at LSU. IF saban is ever caught cheating, that would mean he was probably cheating at LSU also. The Pres. of the NCAA can't be linked to a cheat. That is the only explanation of the rule breaking that has been documented from that side. (Calloway gets a free trip to Fl. and hid out until signing day. They admitted to it. Trent Richardsons mom "house sits". He said that himself. Hundreds upon hundreds of pictures of bama players doing shady things. No he said/he said on that one)

He was caught cheating at LSU and MichSU.

War Eagle !

I am absolutely not a hypocrite,just a sinner. I do not want a "preacher" for a coach. I want a COACH. Tony Dungy won a super bowl. With the way you hate religious people,I'm sure he wouldn't be good enough for you. Nor would Tom Landry.Or Shug. Or Mark Richt. I don't know a whole lot of christians that I am worried about or scared of. I know of a lot of non christians and non-moral people that will kill you for a gold necklace (Oakland paper today). Why don't you give your christian bashing a rest?

Also, why no investigation into Ingram. He had an accident in Huntsville where it was discovered he was driving a 2008 (the year he was signed) Infiniti actually owned by Huntsville Infiniti which is owned by Bill Smith, UAT alum and REC member.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/30783988

While I don't vouch for premium boards, there is some sort of story that an Alabama player made accusations regarding Trooper and they interviewed 10 Auburn players about their recruitment by Trooper. Evidently the NCAA wanted to do the interviews the week before the Ark. game, but CGZ wouldn't agree to it them as a distraction. Supposedly our compliance Dept. is not concerned as it only involves secondary violations. You have to remember that if an Alabama player accepted illegal benefits from another school, that could cause problems with their eligibility at Bama.

CGZ contract can be voided if "The University" finds 'repeated violations". It doesn't specify whether they are major or minor according to Scarbinsky.

Im not gonna pretend everything is just fine because its the farthest thing from it. i dont know if this story can hold water but what i do know is Pat Forde is on drugs. Take it to the bank. He's the biggest idiot I've ever seen and yet people actually pay for his opinion. He's in love with the little man and he wears inbreadU pajamas. If you ever agree with anything this fool says your probably asleep.

He was caught cheating at LSU and MichSU.

You guys need to take off the tin foil hats. I can't stand the guy, and I definitely can't stand the Bammers, but my gosh... The guy is obviously a great coach and a great recruiter, running a very successful football program. It's not impossible to believe that he could get elite athletes without cheating. He might be trying to stay a step ahead, but so is everyone else. Let's face it, the midget is a winner, and if our coach wasn't a loser, we wouldn't be talking about it right now. I'LL SAY IT AGAIN...IF AUBURN WERE WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES RIGHT NOW, NONE OF US WOULD GIVE A RATS A$$ WHAT IS GOING ON IN TUSCALOSER. But we are losing, and we are mad and want to take it out on somebody. Take it out on the coaches and administration... They're the ones who got us into this mess.

War Eagle !

I am absolutely not a hypocrite,just a sinner. I do not want a "preacher" for a coach. I want a COACH. Tony Dungy won a super bowl. With the way you hate religious people,I'm sure he wouldn't be good enough for you. Nor would Tom Landry.Or Shug. Or Mark Richt. I don't know a whole lot of christians that I am worried about or scared of. I know of a lot of non christians and non-moral people that will kill you for a gold necklace (Oakland paper today). Why don't you give your christian bashing a rest?

Well said.

If Bobby is hired,We will win and you'll all love him.

This. Everybody loves a winner.

Archived