2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

As far as the rest of the message, I'm not sure how a thread discussing the recruiting of Stephen Roberts turns into a "celebration thread."

Out of respect for the recruits huge day when they commit it's only fair to him it be a celebration thread for a few days. That's why each commit gets his thread PINNED for a few days. People can resume their normal banter in a few days. It won't kill anybody to wait a few. There may be other options though. I will create a Poll and put it to a vote.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, no matter who we or anybody else flips from the bammers, their standard reply is going to be that they "agreed to release" the guy because they've got somebody better lined up. They could have Superman committed and if he flipped to some other school, that would be their rubber-stamp reply. Remember, there is no such thing as "agreed to release". No school has any control over what a recruit does. A verbal committment is made voluntarily by the recruit and he can change it at his pleasure. The school has nothing to say about it.

The truth is not in the bammers, so don't pay any attention to what they say.

Congrats to Stephen Roberts for choosing Auburn! We need a strong group of incoming DB's to work with and Roberts certainly fits right in.

Folks, no matter who we or anybody else flips from the bammers, their standard reply is going to be that they "agreed to release" the guy because they've got somebody better lined up. They could have Superman committed and if he flipped to some other school, that would be their rubber-stamp reply. Remember, there is no such thing as "agreed to release". No school has any control over what a recruit does. A verbal committment is made voluntarily by the recruit and he can change it at his pleasure. The school has nothing to say about it.

Congrats to Stephen Roberts for choosing Auburn! We need a strong group of incoming DB's to work with and Roberts certainly fits right in.

Are those idiots actually saying that?? Wow..So, now they make up their own terminology to use when they lose a recruit? That fan base is something else...wow...

For whatever it's worth, Per Stephen Bama did not take his call yesterday twice when he called to decommit. That's harshly funny.

Be patient

You do realize telling our fans to be patient is like telling Golf to not drink beer right?

so your saying our fans won't remember what I just said?

ha ha too funny :-\

Looks like he will be a nice addition....and who really takes any kind of reaction from the bammers seriously? :dunno:

I'm looking for Roberts at safety, Holsey goes back to CB and Ford back to RB.

I like this too. I want Holsey starting at CB and I want Ford at RB. I think Roberts can play either position.

Awesome news! I think he will see PT next year. Frankly, Roberts has gone ot more AU games this year tham most of our previous commits.

I think he's been to more games than some players. ;)

Great news. I knew about 2 weeks ago he was seriously considering flipping. He was semi worried about the backlash he would receive for flipping and was working through all that. I only know this because I have a cousin at OHS who is a good friend of his.

Awesome news! I think he will see PT next year. Frankly, Roberts has gone ot more AU games this year tham most of our previous commits.

I think he's been to more games than some players. ;)/>

Looking at you Brandon Fulse.

After having Stephen Roberts flip to the good guys, where do we stand in the recruiting rankings?

4ever, I think we are 9th in the combined ratings that 247 does. We jumped 4 spots.

I'm looking for Roberts at safety, Holsey goes back to CB and Ford back to RB.

I like this too. I want Holsey starting at CB and I want Ford at RB. I think Roberts can play either position.

I like this too.. especially with Moncrief coming in to fill some of that safety void. He's going to be a beast.

After having Stephen Roberts flip to the good guys, where do we stand in the recruiting rankings?

9th on the composite. 8th on 247 only rankings. 12th on Rivals, 15th on Scout. 14 on ESPN but that should change.

This whole "we're upgrading" response from bammers is all conjecture anyway. The rankings given are based on human evaluation. Nothing wrong with that at all. But to say that it is a definite upgrade because a kid is a 97 instead of 93 is pure speculation. There is no scale to measure heart in a kid. Nor a scale to measure pride for playing for a "local/home" school. If its close at all, give me the local kid every day.

This whole "we're upgrading" response from bammers is all conjecture anyway. The rankings given are based on human evaluation. Nothing wrong with that at all. But to say that it is a definite upgrade because a kid is a 97 instead of 93 is pure speculation. There is no scale to measure heart in a kid. Nor a scale to measure pride for playing for a "local/home" school. If its close at all, give me the local kid every day.

This kid will understand the IB more than any from outside the state. The staff will build the pride of AU in any recruit that commits but the local guys already understand what it means to be AU. Welcome home Mr. Roberts. Get-R-done!

Archived