2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

Is Mr. Roberts an EE?

EDIT: I saw that E answered this in an early thread and YES he's an EE.

Not sure where I posted that he was an EE but I am pretty sure he is not. SDH is the Bama EE.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance that this result was agreed upon by all parties awhile ago and that the timing of the announcement is not a coincidence? That's probably a reach, but I have no problem if our coaches participate in a little recruiting gamesmanship.

Known for a while yes but not a coincidence because this is when Roberts wanted to do it.

Any chance that this result was agreed upon by all parties awhile ago and that the timing of the announcement is not a coincidence? That's probably a reach, but I have no problem if our coaches participate in a little recruiting gamesmanship.

Known for a while yes but not a coincidence because this is when Roberts wanted to do it.

Well then I like Mr. Roberts even more than I thought I did.

We have 2 very good CB commits right now with Ruffin and Roberts. I still think we need more DB's. I would like to know if Ruffin has tweeted about this today. He is in school so he may not know about it yet. I would assume he would be happy about it.

I wonder if the staff is wanting SR to announce at a certain time in order to make an impact? I don't want another Foster type troll. I can't see this staff doing it that way.

I am pretty sure Roberts iss an EE so I would not be surprised if it happens at the Under Armor All American Bowl.

E, this is your comment that I was quoting about Roberts being an EE...

Please forgive me but I just have to point out to the Auburn family, how BSPN has chosen to cover the Roberts flip.

Notice how they say:

"Alabama still has the top-ranked recruiting class in the country, but on Wednesday the Crimson Tide lost their second ESPN 300 commit in the past three days".

BSPN goes on to say:

"The Tigers now have 18, 2014 commitments, including seven ranked in the ESPN 300. Alabama, meanwhile, still has 21 commits, including 16 in the ESPN 300".

Do you notice just a-little bias on a day when UAT has lost it's second commit, in as many days? Full link below.

http://espn.go.com/c...-recruit-3-days

Again, please forgive me but the bias just kills me!!

Roberts' commitment moves Auburn to No. 9 in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranks. http://auburn.247spo...289963 …

@awpenny247

BZiCrQ6IAAEKGsT.jpg

6th in Avg. To me, that is always more telling.

Absolutely. We have fewer recruits than 5 of the teams above us. Hopefully we finish strong. I'm hoping for another 5* (Rivals rankings), but I don't know of any that are showing any interest in us right now.

Please forgive me but I just have to point out to the Auburn family, how BSPN has chosen to cover the Roberts flip.

Notice how they say:

"Alabama still has the top-ranked recruiting class in the country, but on Wednesday the Crimson Tide lost their second ESPN 300 commit in the past three days".

BSPN goes on to say:

"The Tigers now have 18, 2014 commitments, including seven ranked in the ESPN 300. Alabama, meanwhile, still has 21 commits, including 16 in the ESPN 300".

Do you notice just a-little bias on a day when UAT has lost it's second commit, in as many days? Full link below.

Don't see a bias in a case where the guy is just reporting the facts...minus the us having 18 commits part.

I wonder if the staff is wanting SR to announce at a certain time in order to make an impact? I don't want another Foster type troll. I can't see this staff doing it that way.

I am pretty sure Roberts iss an EE so I would not be surprised if it happens at the Under Armor All American Bowl.

E, this is your comment that I was quoting about Roberts being an EE...

Then I must have confused Roberts with SDH that day. My apologies.

Notice how they say:

BSPN goes on to say:

Don't see a bias in a case where the guy is just reporting the facts...minus the us having 18 commits part.

The bias is because they are trying to down play the negative of what just happened. Had this happened to AU, ESPN would have exagerated the negative and down played the positive.

We have 2 very good CB commits right now with Ruffin and Roberts. I still think we need more DB's. I would like to know if Ruffin has tweeted about this today. He is in school so he may not know about it yet. I would assume he would be happy about it.

90% of the time recruits know before anythinmg goes public. Also depending on who we get to fill the last 2 spots Roberts may end up being a safety in this class.

Notice how they say:

BSPN goes on to say:

The bias is because they are trying to down play the negative of what just happened. Had this happened to AU, ESPN would have exagerated the negative and down played the positive.

For them having the top class still, likely in a good spot for two 5 * CBs, and giving Roberts outs to leave the class I would not call it much of a negative. It's a huge get for us but hardly a big negative for them. People over look too much for biases sometimes. I understand that because of past issues and crap with ESPN but that does not mean there is a negative Auburn or pro Bama bias in every article.

Anymore on the specific topic will be taken to PMs. We are not going to soil the celebration thread of one of the biggest days in Stephen Roberts' life.

I think Ray Charles could have seen this one coming. Still, it is nice when it's official!

War Eagle, Stephen!!

Thats right, bout frickin time though.

Just wanted to say this. This was a a huge get for Auburn and the staff. Regardless of whatever the circumstances are on Bama's end Roberts deciding to flip speaks a lot of the work this staff has done, especially Rhett Lashlee. He is the lead recruiter for Roberts and East Alabama. He is quickly becoming a budding star recruiter. He still has one big fish out there in Evans. Getting Roberts put CRL at 17 in the nation in recruiter rankings. Here is his recruiter profile Link

HUGE! Roberts is exactly what the doctor ordered at a position of great need. He's long with great ball skills. Icing being that he flipped from Bama, his fav team growing up. This Auburn coaching staff has been putting in work in the meeting rooms and on the field; now they're getting ready to shine on the recruiting circuit.

War Damn Eagle Stephen! Welcome to the family.

Notice how they say:

BSPN goes on to say:

For them having the top class still, likely in a good spot for two 5 * CBs, and giving Roberts outs to leave the class I would not call it much of a negative. It's a huge get for us but hardly a big negative for them. People over look too much for biases sometimes. I understand that because of past issues and crap with ESPN but that does not mean there is a negative Auburn or pro Bama bias in every article.

Anymore on the specific topic will be taken to PMs. We are not going to soil the celebration thread of one of the biggest days in Stephen Roberts' life.

As far as Stephen Roberts goes, all I have to say is, "Welcome to AU!"

As far as bias goes, I agree with Ellitor. If a team has the #1 class, loses 2 recruits and still has the #1 class then how much doom and gloom can you project?

As far as the rest of the message, I'm not sure how a thread discussing the recruiting of Stephen Roberts turns into a "celebration thread."

If we aren't going to have discussions why not take away everyone's posting privileges in the recruiting section and the mods and insiders can just give us updates as they come through?

Archived