Like our Coach - Geaux Auburn

TexasLSUTiger

I know you guys have read this already. From

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1923620

Saban, who votes in the coaches poll, believes Auburn should have a shot at the title.

"If you go through our league undefeated and an SEC title game undefeated, I think you should have the right to play for the national championship," Saban said. "In saying that, that's no disrespect to USC or Oklahoma in terms of what they should be able to play for relative to what their teams accomplished."

----

I am one LSU Tiger fan that hopes Auburn not only wins the National Title but dominates it. Think about it, how can ANY SEC fan with ANY perspective NOTwant back to back National Titles out of the SEC west. First its more money for the conference. It gets better players into the conference (WHo does not want to play for and against National Champions). It shows the left coast media where the best football is played.

So from this LSU tiger fans perspective, if its not us then WAR EAGLE !!!!

Thanks man. I appreciate Saban being on our side publicly on this one. I heard from someone that the 3 SEC coaches that aren't putting Auburn #1 on their ballots are Nutt, Cutcliffe, and Holtz. Don't know if that's true or not.

Nutt has said publicly that he'll move Auburn to #1 if we beat Bama and win the SECCG. That leaves Cut and Holtz. What's their deal?

I dont know why ANY SEC coach who has some sense would NOT vote Auburn #1. Not because we are brothers in the SEC but the fact the SEC coaches have probably watched a bunch of film on Auburn and seen what that team is doing....

Holtz is a Bozo he was the ONLY coach that did not vote LSU #1 last year after the Sugar Bowl.

I guess he was still bitter LSU pounded him in his own stadium last year...

I would not count on Holtz doing ANYTHING logical.

I dont think it should be a REQUIREMENT to vote for your own.

However, watching the 3 undefeateds play, how can you not claim that ALL THREE deserve the right to play for a MNC? All Auburn wants is to be considered on equal footing with the others. Had we started as Pre-season #1, we would currently be #1. With that said, if you see an injustice happening in your conference, you should at least stick up for them.

Holtz and Cutcliffe have every right to vote for whomever they want. Just don't expect it to make you any friends in this conference.

I agree you should not vote simply because you are the SEC. But who knows Auburn better then SEC coaches, heck most of them still have cleat marks on their backs from Auburn (Not LSU of course, that was a close game).

My point is I can easily make a claim why Auburn should be not only in the title game but be ranked #1 going in. Look at who they beat, and how. Look at USC and who they beat and how. I guess I am slow because its pretty damn clear to me.

You are correct all three have a fair argument, BUT I believe Auburns is the strongest of them all. I agree with Coach Saban.

The Pac-10 is no SEC.

I agree that AU simply needs a chance to play for it. The BCS will NEVER be able to account for 3 undefeated teams or even discern between two 1 loss teams.

The best answer would be "Bowls plus 1". #4 plays #1, #3 plays #2 in the current bowls. The winners play one more game for all the marbles. If we are arguing over who should be #4, I can live with that. Who in their right minds would not have wanted to see LSU and USC play last year; or AU, OU, USC, and ? play it off this year.

Good luck AU

Holtz is a Bozo he was the ONLY coach that did not vote LSU #1 last year after the Sugar Bowl.

122439[/snapback]

That is sad. What a TOOL!

Ok Ok Ok...I have been silent on this until now. After watching what AU did to UGA there is no way that Auburn is not playing for the MNC. AU is the strongest team in the land right now. How can you keep them out of the title game? I tell you.... right now AU is paying for what happened last year to USC. They are the ones who should be left out this year....who have they played? Cal and Virginia Tech. Au has beaten Tenn, UGA and LSU. OU has beaten UT, OSU and aTm. I hate this damn BCS.....

GEAUX AU

GEAUX ALL THE DAMN WAY!!!! :corndog:

Archived