2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

bama has the same scholarship limits as everybody else. I think maybe we go a little far w/ the "he steals kids just so we can't have them" theory sometimes. The "anywhere but Auburn" theory might hold a little more water, though. /threadjack.

See the light (and the PT) Mr. Williams.

uat is not doing the "anywhere but Auburn" like people think they are IMO.

Oh, I agree. I was just trying to be conciliatory in decrying the *crazier of the two theories. :)

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds more like Mr. Saban has poisoned our posters minds more than these recruits. Excellent job Saban, bravo. :bow:/>

Just stating facts, check the history

Hoover is one of the best programs in AL and 1 of the best in the nation. That should say enough!

FIFY

IMO, we are fooling ourselves if we don't believe Saban has been and is doing EVERYTHING he can to limit AU's LB recruiting. The 25 scholarship limit does limit him but I've been told by a fairly reliable source Tre Williams was offered (how do I put this) "the red carpet". And of course we all know about the two AU HS LB's from the last two years. And my tinfoil hat makes me ask how did Kwon Alexander end up at LSU?

Hoover is one of the best programs in AL and 1 of the best in the nation. That should say enough!

FIFY

Thanks E!

IMO, we are fooling ourselves if we don't believe Saban has been and is doing EVERYTHING he can to limit AU's LB recruiting. The 25 scholarship limit does limit him but I've been told by a fairly reliable source Tre Williams was offered (how do I put this) "the red carpet". And of course we all know about the two AU HS LB's from the last two years. And my tinfoil hat makes me ask how did Kwon Alexander end up at LSU?

Yes, 5* athletes do tend to get the red carpet treatment.

Yes, 5* athletes do tend to get the red carpet treatment.

Sorry that you missed my point.

"Anywhere but Auburn" may not be carried out by the UAT coaches, but it's real and it's a problem in-state. It's done mostly by bammer fans with, I think, a good bit of encouragement from their coaches and staff. It has done us some real damage in recent years and is a thing that must be overcome.

"Anywhere but Auburn" may not be carried out by the UAT coaches, but it's real and it's a problem in-state. It's done mostly by bammer fans with, I think, a good bit of encouragement from their coaches and staff. It has done us some real damage in recent years and is a thing that must be overcome.

I think of Quon Alexander the LSU LB when I read this. Quon was so good in HS. He made tackles all over the field. It was widely reported that Alexander was told anywhere but AU and when he did not fit the LB mold, he signed with LSU instead of AU.

IMO, we will always have to deal with this to some in state. With AU being in the national spotlight with our BCS championship in 2010 and our run the the BCS championship game in 2013, we are becoming a pretty hot entity for the HS kids now. Highly recruited kids want to be considered by AU from all over the country now. Look at our class ranking now. awesome!

You guys think what you want . My uncle and 3 childhood friends all played for bama . You would not believe what goes on there much less what parts of it is meant to do harm to Auburn .

I think, as I believe wdeWDE and others do, that it occurs but not within the staff at Bama. It is the REC and HS Coaching Staffs that do the steering and IYAM do 90% of the dirty work attributed to Sabear. This is no secret.

I think of Quon Alexander the LSU LB when I read this. Quon was so good in HS. He made tackles all over the field. It was widely reported that Alexander was told anywhere but AU and when he did not fit the LB mold, he signed with LSU instead of AU.

IMO, we will always have to deal with this to some in state. With AU being in the national spotlight with our BCS championship in 2010 and our run the the BCS championship game in 2013, we are becoming a pretty hot entity for the HS kids now. Highly recruited kids want to be considered by AU from all over the country now. Look at our class ranking now. awesome!

I know kwon he wanted to go to the turds but they slowed down on recruiting him after his knee injury. LSU never did. We were behind because we had conceived he was going to the turds. I'm not saying some idiots don't encourage the anywhere but AU but for 90% they want what's best for their players after high school

I think, as I believe wdeWDE and others do, that it occurs but not within the staff at Bama. It is the REC and HS Coaching Staffs that do the steering and IYAM do 90% of the dirty work attributed to Sabear. This is no secret.

Yup. And Bama parents. :wavey: Peaches

why the sudden commitment? im not complaining just kind of out of the blue.

He's ready. We have led for a long time and he's been a take for months.

Archived