***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I really believe this deal is already done. 

Maybe but if Art gets a P5 HC offer in December or January I would think that would throw a major monkey wrench into things.

Gatewood thinks a lot of Lashlee... We can't lose Gatewoid for Stidham. Not even if there is a fire.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood thinks a lot of Lashlee... We can't lose Gatewoid for Stidham. Not even if there is a fire.

I'd trade Stidham for Gatewood in a heartbeat. Gatewood is good but there is no way he can live up to all of the expectations the AU people have for him. Stidham is a stud. 

I don't think RL is at AU next year. Regardless. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but if Art gets a P5 HC offer in December or January I would think that would throw a major monkey wrench into things.

I don't. I believe Art wants Kendal to branch out on his own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd trade Stidham for Gatewood in a heartbeat. Gatewood is good but there is no way he can live up to all of the expectations the AU people have for him. Stidham is a stud. 

I don't think RL is at AU next year. Regardless. 

Well that's some horse s***.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood would likely stick as long as Gus is around. He has fallen in love w/ AU.

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I can back this up. Art wants KB to become a more "rounded" Coach and thinks that Gus' run game will really help develop him for the future.  Like Gus, Art was a high school coach for 20 years before his jump to college and the two have built a good relationship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nice & thanks!

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Probably so...and with the fuss at Baylor, there will likely be no better opportunity to do so.  

Son or just close friend, we have seen the disadvantages of a young coach tying his career to his mentor.   RL is in a similar situation with Gus in that people don't know what he is capable of because Gus is the focal point of the offense no matter who has the OC job title.   

JMO but the same situation exists with the Briles family....nobody can know for certain how good KB is since the old man likely makes the important decisions.  

Just saying that some AU people probably have too little respect for RL's abilities....and maybe are expecting too much from KB.  

Until these two young coaches are out from under the control of their "mentors" nobody (including themselves) will know what they are capable of.

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is? I think it's great news. I still say AU signs Gatewood without RL. 

If that's correct then I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure I read otherwise it. I'd love both of them. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If that's correct then I'm fine with it. I'm pretty sure I read otherwise it. I'd love both of them. 

FWIW there is an article in the Joey thread where he says it wouldn't affect him if AU signs Stidham. It shouldn't affect him either. The likely only overlap 1 year at AU if we get both.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW there is an article in the Joey thread where he says it wouldn't affect him if AU signs Stidham. It shouldn't affect him either. The likely only overlap 1 year at AU if we get both.

Seems like it would more than likely affect Barrett than any of the other QBs.:dunno:

24 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Seems like it would more than likely affect Barrett than any of the other QBs.:dunno:

Does anyone see Barrett moving to RB if the QB situation doesn't work out or does he transfer? I hope we can find a position for him if QB isn't it.

On 8/4/2016 at 2:29 AM, ellitor said:

Well I'll be darn. Per this article he plans to transfer to a juco that does not have a football program. Link

The part in bold is odd...

Stidham intends to enroll at Waco's McLennan Community College, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. McLennan does not have a football team, but the move allows him to keep three years of eligibility.

Why does the JUCO move specifically give him three years of eligibility? Tray Matthews, also a True Freshman when he left Georgia, did not attend a JUCO in 2014 and retained three years of eligibility.

Would seem the part referenced in bold is moot. Stidham has three years of eligibility regardless if he attends a JUCO in 2016 or sits at home.

EDIT: I see you answered it 3 posts later.

Edited by VipersStrike1

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I really believe this deal is already done. 

Not to change the subject, but if Gus has already worked the deal out to bring Briles on, and we're already talking about it on the Internet, then Lashlee has to be aware that his time is coming to an end at Auburn. My question is, how does that effect Lashlee's performance this year?  Does it light a fire under him to earn a good offer, or does he go into lame duck mode and put more work on the other coaches?

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not to change the subject, but if Gus has already worked the deal out to bring Briles on, and we're already talking about it on the Internet, then Lashlee has to be aware that his time is coming to an end at Auburn. My question is, how does that effect Lashlee's performance this year?  Does it light a fire under him to earn a good offer, or does he go into lame duck mode and put more work on the other coaches?

I wondered the same. If Gus has been speaking w Briles about the move, then IMO, Gus & Lashlee have been working together in eyeing opportunities for Lashlee next season. No way Gus dumps his boy like that.

10 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I wondered the same. If Gus has been speaking w Briles about the move, then IMO, Gus & Lashlee have been working together in eyeing opportunities for Lashlee next season. No way Gus dumps his boy like that.

I think you're right. I kind of like the idea of Lashlee really needing the offense to perform, so he gets the right opportunities.

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Does anyone see Barrett moving to RB if the QB situation doesn't work out or does he transfer? I hope we can find a position for him if QB isn't it.

Here is a definite chance Woody becomes a starting QB. He is very talented. Let's give the guy a fair chance before we move him. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't think it affects him. He's ready to leave regardless how this season goes.