Michael Sams coming out party

JMassie11

Of course.

Though I still take issue with the idea that every sin is equal. I realize that the generalized "state" of sin...our fallenness...is equal in the sense that both separate us from God. But you're never going to be able to tell me that being a bit envious that your next door neighbor got a brand new car while yours is falling apart is completely equal to raping and murdering a child, for instance. I realize that's an extreme example, but I don't believe for a second that all sins are equal in severity - in the eyes of God or man.

Now, within categories I could go along with that. So in that sense, a straight person's sexual sin (adultery, sex between unmarried people, lust) is no better or worse than a gay person's sexual sin.

The one faith(maybe just hope) i do have is that the one judging our permanent destination is more arbitrary than "every sin is equal".

James 2:10

You do understand that no one will get to heaven without God's grace, right? I dont think the focus is on the sin but on humility and contrition. It really doesn't matter if all sin is equal or not.

If everyone is different then how can there be a fair answer? If Paul's Answer is less than Peter's Answer, then we have a problem.

The Law taught us that we are all "sinful." 600+ Laws that no human could ever keep.

Genesis teaches us that the only thing that can cover "sin" is blood. (Cain's fruit & vegetable offering is thoroughly rejected.)

What happens between humans can and should be adjudicated by man's legal system.

Things that happen between humans can and should be arbitrary. Do i owe you $50 or $100? The judge will decide.

But, from God's perspective, it is either you lived a completely, absolutely, sinless life, OR you need a Blood Offering or Blood Covering. The level or type of "sin" does not matter.

It is a Pass/Fail Test. You either ace it or fail it. 100 or 0. No Scale. No Bell Curve. There is no hierarchy of sins from God's view.

IE, If with Hitler's last breath, he asked for God to forgive him and accepted Christ, he still makes heaven.

If my son steals a soda from the store and is then killed in a car wreck, but he does not have his "sin" debt paid, he does not make heaven.

It is Pass/Fail Test. You are either covered or not. The amount of "sin" nor the type of "sin" does not matter one bit.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course.

Though I still take issue with the idea that every sin is equal. I realize that the generalized "state" of sin...our fallenness...is equal in the sense that both separate us from God. But you're never going to be able to tell me that being a bit envious that your next door neighbor got a brand new car while yours is falling apart is completely equal to raping and murdering a child, for instance. I realize that's an extreme example, but I don't believe for a second that all sins are equal in severity - in the eyes of God or man.

Now, within categories I could go along with that. So in that sense, a straight person's sexual sin (adultery, sex between unmarried people, lust) is no better or worse than a gay person's sexual sin.

The one faith(maybe just hope) i do have is that the one judging our permanent destination is more arbitrary than "every sin is equal".

You do understand that no one will get to heaven without God's grace, right? I dont think the focus is on the sin but on humility and contrition. It really doesn't matter if all sin is equal or not.

If everyone is different then how can there be a fair answer? If Paul's Answer is less than Peter's Answer, then we have a problem.

The Law taught us that we are all "sinful." 600+ Laws that no human could ever keep.

Genesis teaches us that the only thing that can cover "sin" is blood. (Cain's fruit & vegetable offering is thoroughly rejected.)

What happens between humans can and should be adjudicated by man's legal system.

Things that happen between humans can and should be arbitrary. Do i owe you $50 or $100? The judge will decide.

But, from God's perspective, it is either you lived a completely, absolutely, sinless life, OR you need a Blood Offering or Blood Covering. The level or type of "sin" does not matter.

It is a Pass/Fail Test. You either ace it or fail it. 100 or 0. No Scale. No Bell Curve. There is no hierarchy of sins from God's view.

IE, If with Hitler's last breath, he asked for God to forgive him and accepted Christ, he still makes heaven.

If my son steals a soda from the store and is then killed in a car wreck, but he does not have his "sin" debt paid, he does not make heaven.

It is Pass/Fail Test. You are either covered or not. The amount of "sin" nor the type of "sin" does not matter one bit.

AMEN

Since I've been called everything but a child of GOD, I'll leave this for u guys...................................Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5 KJV)

Here's that irony blindness thing again. :laugh:/>

And you're without sin, huh?

This has nothing to do with my sin. I am not the one judging homosexuals.

You said:

"Whatever is written! We all will be judged before GOD, only then will u and the Michael SAMs of this world will hear it straight from the Mouth of GOD that it is Indeed UNGODLY to sleep with same sex individuals!..."

Followed later by:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."

I find that to be ironic, irrespective of my own sins.

Of course.

this is what really keeps me scratching my head about Christianity. I have tried. I spent last fall visiting churches. Hoping to get my family involved for my kids sake and maybe be able to accept the above red paragraph as truth. I still hope something turns my mind that way. I don't think we control what we believe. You can't just say you decide to believe something. I know personally people who are pure s*** as human beings. They have made their families lives miserable with drugs, violence, prison terms, leaving others to provide for their children, i could go on and on. The one thing they boast on their tattoos, bumper sticker, facebook posts, is that they are forgiven and only God can judge them. This is between violent crimes and jail terms. I am too logical of a person to believe a pure devil of a human can get his head dunked in a kiddie pool and say he is sorry for being a P.O.S. and continue being a P.O.S. but is locked into eternal paradise. but those of us who are(not by any means perfect) but do try to do things the right way, struggle with the guilt of our failings and work to fix them instead of claiming it don't matter because our sins were paid for 2000 years ago so we can continue to commit them are condemned to hell

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Alexava, when Jesus comes and makes His dwelling with you, there is change within that person. Like the above passage says, just because you say that you do things in the name of the Lord, that doesn't mean that you have a close, personal relationship with Him. That relationship is what matters. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course.

Your "God the Father" sounds like a pretty s***ty dad...

Your "God the Father" sounds like a pretty s***ty dad.

Making a judgement based on the way it sounds is your prerogative but, understanding unconditional love is no easy task. We are given free will to do with our lives as we see fit. In the end, we will be the ones who have to live with what we've done.

Archived