***2015 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know most of us don't much care for Scarbo but he was right on the money when he said open up the checkbook and get WM. We got a fantastic class today and we have a staff that can get the most out of their talent.

I know most of us don't much care for Scarbo but he was right on the money when he said open up the checkbook and get WM. We got a fantastic class today and we have a staff that can get the most out of their talent.

Pretty good day but Im guessing next year year will be even better. Auburn has the best group of recruiters and coaches they've ever had!

I took a quick look at the site team rankings...and boy are there some oddities.

247sports has us 9th despite the fact that we have the SECOND most 4 and 5 * players coined with 19...only Bama has more, with 20.

I've always lumped the 4 and 5 * guys together...there's just little difference there.

The teams in front of us have the following 4 and 5 * guys combined (from 8th to 1st): 12, 14, 15, 13, 16, 14, 18, 20

To me, there's just a glaring issue with that ranking...and that's the reason why I've never paid attention to the sites' team rankings.

I do hate that we asked a player to gray shirt. Especially one who has been committed. However they could have just as easily been looking at this to help him out. Kind of like the kid that decommitted from us and went to KY. Maybe this was the coach's way of saying that you may not get a lot of playing time here with the LBs that we are going to have. You may want to look elsewhere.

But it is hard to complain about UAt doing it and then we turn around and do the same.

I don't care about the rankings, I care about us filling our needs And we did that. Not only did we do it, we did it with a huge splash! What more can we ask for. Looking around, we have the best freshman class in the country coming in. Now let's see if they all qualify and pan out to their hype.

I'm really happy with this group of guys. A whole lot of talent coming to the Plains. CGM and CWM have a lot to work with now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these guys making real contributions next fall, but it is the 2016 season that has me cranked, once these guys have a year of experience behind them. Auburn is going to be a powerhouse!

Don't forget that eight of these guys were early enrolees and will go through spring practice and summer workouts. That is a huge advantage! We've never had this many early guys before.

I've always lumped the 4 and 5 * guys together...there's just little difference there.

There absolutely isn't "little difference". The difference between a 4-star ranked #248 nationally and a 4-star ranked #40 nationally is significant. There is a MUCH bigger difference there than there would be if you were to compare the lowest ranked 4-star and the highest ranked 3-star for example.

Archived