24 Black Missouri Football Players Will Boycott Football Activities

cptau

Seems like a mess.

Thomas Jefferson was not a racist or a rapist. He's the complete OPPOSITE!

Anyway, I don't see people at the top surviving this. Some of it deservingly so.

Why ? For what should they lose their job?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the resolve, think this is the wrong situation to do this though, but when injustice is happening this is what should be done, but at the same time as you can see people still complain about this. Protest and it's it shouldn't be done, riot and of course that shouldn't be done but then it's said why wasn't it a peaceful protest so you can see the circle, basically it's people not wanting anything done and things to continue as is. But this really affected a life style and money, then you can be heard.....now dude saying he won't eat without the football players??? Nobody cares and he's just one hungry dude and nobody cares

That is my question, Cole. The situation don't seem to warrant the demands. Maybe I'm missing something? I never understood a hunger strike. If you want to starve yourself don't expect me to save you.

I never understood a hunger strike. If you want to starve yourself don't expect me to save you.

Give in to my demands, or i"ll ...i'll shave my eyebrows !

That is my question, Cole. The situation don't seem to warrant the demands. Maybe I'm missing something? I never understood a hunger strike. If you want to starve yourself don't expect me to save you.

I think it supposed to put pressure on the individual by other influences. The logic of you're racist and I'm not going to eat until you're not can't work because why would a racist care? But if they are in a position on their job then they still obviously don't care about you but they have to at least care about themselves

i skimmed the story. i only caught that someone(a random person) yelled racist remarks..... on two occasions.....? is this correct?

You missed the swastika written on a wall in poo.

The also want more minority instructors, professors, etc hired and want more mental health counselors on staff who are minorities. The lack of having enough of them creates a difficult environment for minority students, they claim.

i skimmed the story. i only caught that someone(a random person) yelled racist remarks..... on two occasions.....? is this correct?

You missed the swastika written on a wall in poo.

Which requires the President's resignation .... why ?

Anyone do a DNA test on the fecal matter ? I'd like to know what those results would be. If it turned out to be that from a 1950's club member, how the more interesting things would be.

Read the above. They claim it has to do with his sincerity and they don't think he has done enough. Which they haven't detailed exactly what that means.

Love the resolve, think this is the wrong situation to do this though, but when injustice is happening this is what should be done, but at the same time as you can see people still complain about this. Protest and it's it shouldn't be done, riot and of course that shouldn't be done but then it's said why wasn't it a peaceful protest so you can see the circle, basically it's people not wanting anything done and things to continue as is. But this really affected a life style and money, then you can be heard.....now dude saying he won't eat without the football players??? Nobody cares and he's just one hungry dude and nobody cares

We are allowed to be critical of the protest though. If we just sit there and take a protest for face value, accept it all as the truth, and see their side only then that is no better than ignoring the issue completely.

Like I said you want to make a board for diversification but that board that is suppose to educate and tear down the racial barriers is to be segregated? I don't agree with that.

You want to address the Mental Health facilities on campus, but only if the new hires are people of color? I don't agree with that. Just like I don't agree with the Veterans Hospitals giving preference to veterans regardless of their qualifications.

The university has been working on the issues:

Wolfe said the UM system began work on a “systemwide diversity and inclusion strategy” as part of his strategic goals, which the UM System Board of Curators approved this summer. The strategy will be announced April 2016.

He said most of the demands on Concerned Student 1950’s list were already included in the strategy draft, and that he would provide further details of the plan in coming months.

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2015/11/8/wolfe-releases-statement-will-not-resign/

I mean you don't just wake up Friday morning and say ok we are going implement a systemwide program and change and have it done, in-place, and ready to go on Monday morning. Which seems to be what they want.

He was gonna do his protest with or without the football players. They are just jumping on the train. The football players won't play until he eats.

Gotta love ObamaCare

MU Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Studies Leona Rubin said the change is the result of a recent IRS interpretation of a section of the Affordable Care Act. The law, which requires adults to have health insurance or face tax penalties, “prohibits businesses from providing employees subsidies specifically for the purpose of purchasing health insurance from individual market plans,” the university said in a letter sent to students Friday.

http://www.columbiat...345d6477bd.html

Gotta love ObamaCare

MU Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Studies Leona Rubin said the change is the result of a recent IRS interpretation of a section of the Affordable Care Act. The law, which requires adults to have health insurance or face tax penalties, “prohibits businesses from providing employees subsidies specifically for the purpose of purchasing health insurance from individual market plans,” the university said in a letter sent to students Friday.

You will be forced to comply.

And still no honest or sincere reply to why Wolfe needs to step down.

This is more and more just a temper tantrum and a power grab. That much is clear.

We are allowed to be critical of the protest though. If we just sit there and take a protest for face value, accept it all as the truth, and see their side only then that is no better than ignoring the issue completely.

Like I said you want to make a board for diversification but that board that is suppose to educate and tear down the racial barriers is to be segregated? I don't agree with that.

You want to address the Mental Health facilities on campus, but only if the new hires are people of color? I don't agree with that. Just like I don't agree with the Veterans Hospitals giving preference to veterans regardless of their qualifications.

The university has been working on the issues:

Wolfe said the UM system began work on a “systemwide diversity and inclusion strategy” as part of his strategic goals, which the UM System Board of Curators approved this summer. The strategy will be announced April 2016.

He said most of the demands on Concerned Student 1950’s list were already included in the strategy draft, and that he would provide further details of the plan in coming months.

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2015/11/8/wolfe-releases-statement-will-not-resign/

I mean you don't just wake up Friday morning and say ok we are going implement a systemwide program and change and have it done, in-place, and ready to go on Monday morning. Which seems to be what they want.

He was gonna do his protest with or without the football players. They are just jumping on the train. The football players won't play until he eats.

Like I said I don't agree with this particular cause, my point no matter how you go against fighting for your rights they will kill you in the media. Just like the peaceful sit ins back in the day. Protest that's a problem to. Of course rioting is a problem too, but when they say why riot instead of peacefully protesting, it's just something to say. They don't want any of it. They won't things to operate as is. Yeah you have an unfair hand shut up and play so you can lose. You played the game so it was fair even if your cards sucked. Then you have the guys that say well my dad did this....And that's fine and he deserved much respect that he overcame but he still didn't face the obstacles mine did. I grew up in a small rural part of Alabama things may have supposed to be changing but my mom grew up and had to go to segregated school....that's ONE freaking generation...you think that was the same education? Who knows my mom's foundation had been different maybe she's a doctor now instead of a nurse? Maybe not? Who's to say? The people who received the best education?

Lastly my favorite is well so and so did it why not you? It can be done....that's like saying why don't we all hit the lottery? We all play. Why aren't you a millionaire? Or I remember when they first asked me to be a tiger crush and I met a guy that turned out to be my best friend to warm up we would go around in circle and dunk on all four goals in the colosseum 3 times. Every week day. There were other guys who couldn't dunk at all. Some couldn't touch the rim. The hey man why not I did it don't apply. Maybe they were too short, but there are short people that can dunk....maybe they were out of shape...Cadillac couldn't dunk though, I'm sure he was in great shape, maybe everybody isn't equipped to fight through adversity that they shouldn't be going through in the first place

This is more and more just a temper tantrum and a power grab. That much is clear.

I have yet to see anybody disagree. They are definitely going about it the wrong way. And please shave your eyebrows.

I have yet to see anybody disagree. They are definitely going about it the wrong way. And please shave your eyebrows.

Don't think I won't !!!

Why has the basketball team not joined the boycott?

The basketball team doesn't have a losing record yet.

Exactly, these are kids, kids are selfish, the college athletics is a give give relationship although the athletes are getting screwed. But it's a way out that most think when in actuality only a few will get out. But what's scary to everybody is what if these kids realize the power they have together??? Everything would be shook up. Individually they have nothing

Gotta love ObamaCare

Ok, so, these students are pissed about this and two occasions of racial slurs and someone drawing a swastika in feces??? All of this BS, calling of Mizzou Prez to resign, calling for more minorities in faculty positions, for a minority slanted counseling center, and whatever else?? And to expedite this this Butler kid says DO IT or I'm gonna starve myself (extortion)? But all this time the Mizzou Prez started a plan last summer to roll out and announce in 2016??

Come on man!!! Seriously...

If I was him I'd really try to expedite trying to find out who did what instead of the ole boys will be boys routine...But that's just me

That is BS. Mob rule wins again

"In all very numerous assemblies, of whatever character composed, passion never fails to wrest the sceptre from reason. Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob."

-Fed Papers 55

I expected him to resign. Prinicpal be damned! The expectations of todays youth will be the undoing of a lot of people. From what I can "tell" very few of the issues at hand were the result of poor leadership. Uncontrollable forces win the day.

Archived