Grad Transfer PG Ronnie Johnson Commits to AU

MDM4AU

Auburn has possibly landed its next starting point guard. Auburn Undercover confirmed Monday that Houston grad transfer Ronnie Johnson has committed to Auburn.

He will be eligible to play immediately.

Continue reading here:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Grad-transfer-point-guard-commits-to-Tigers-45005616

Good. Maybe basketball will finally get to a winning level.

Good. Now we need another big man. Anyone know who that might be?

Well we got an additional body at the 1 spot. That's huge just from a necessity standpoint. Johnson and Harper can split those minutes and Dunans can stay on the wing where he can maximize his ability.

How many years can he play?

Just 1. He began his career at Purdue in 2012 but transferred to Houston a couple years later and sat out a year.

definitely a much needed piece added to the puzzle. Assuming taj can't come back that gives us 2 scholarship point guards. Now to find that big man....

definitely a much needed piece added to the puzzle. Assuming taj can't come back that gives us 2 scholarship point guards. Now to find that big man....

As Bird said Taj is done and we will also be getting a good Freshman PG

Anyone else think Heron plays a lot as a Freshmen?

Heron is the first 5* that I remember us ever signing in basketball. He'll start for us next year.

Heron is the first 5* that I remember us ever signing in basketball. He'll start for us next year.

No. He's dang good, but not starting. He was known as the 5* in the 2016 that was the most unpolished. I'll be prepared to eat crow if he starts day 1, but I don't see it happening just yet. Hold your horses.

I think AU is looking at a couple. I was told the names but I forget. Both have some baggage.

Great pickup for Bruce. Johnson can play. Will also help get Harper settled into the position without having to throw him into the fire. So I'm told, I'm not a huge BBall guy.

Not at Point. I think he will be the 6th man as a wing to start the year. I could see him pushing Dunnans late in the year though.

I think he plays a lot but it's one of those things of as the season goes minutes will increase. I thought we signed a 5 star for 2015 class???

Nope. Horace & Danjel were high 4*s.

Good read overall. For Clarification we have 1 scholly spot left right now w/ TSD retiring. That becomes 2 if Waddel moves on from basketball or goes back to walk on status. Either one is possible.

Good read overall. For Clarification we have 1 scholly spot left right now w/ TSD retiring. That becomes 2 if Waddel moves on from basketball or goes back to walk on status. Either one is possible.

Is that including Reed or would he count against that Scholly?

Is that including Reed or would he count against that Scholly?

That includes T-Reed. He is expected to be on scholly & playing as of a month or so ago.

Archived