2016 Fall Camp - Practice 9 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

Auburn scrimmaged for the second time during fall camp. Among the highlights:

• No decision on QB;  Jeremy Johnson sat out scimmage; Sean White and JF3 got the reps
  • Jamel Dean out for extended period - will have knee surgery
  • Raashed Kennion has left the team to pursue politics

Catch Up: Fall Practice Schedule / Links to Previous Practice Updates

I hate it for Dean, especially after getting hurt in High School which killed his chance at Ohio State. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Here's another link to that story.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/report-auburn-cb-jamel-dean-out-indefinitely-with-knee-injury

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

"Politics?"

That's got me scratching my head too.

A few more notes ...

-- "Overall I felt like it was a solid day."

-- First team did "situational" work. Second and third team did more of regular play. Special teams work as well.

-- "Wasn't anything major injury-wise"

-- Dean's injury was not to the same knee as his ACL injury.

-- Josh Holsey and Javaris Davis are now competing, split reps at boundary CB

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/live_updates_gus_malzahn_recap_14.html

Kennion has the most original reason for leaving the team since Montae Pitts left to be a rapper. Not sure which is worse.

• Like 2

Jeremy Johnson sat out scimmage; Sean White and JF3 got the reps

And then there were two. I still believe it will be Sean starting, but it looks like they are giving JF3 every chance to win the job (as 23 has stated).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CR said:

Kennion has the most original reason for leaving the team since Montae Pitts left to be a rapper. Not sure which is worse.

In a few years he'll leave politics to spend more time with the family.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

And then there were two. I still believe it will be Sean starting, but it looks like they are giving JF3 every chance to win the job (as 23 has stated).

Apparently on the RANT and Twitter (not good sources). Neither did very well today. SW had two turnovers but moved the ball towards the end and JF3 had one as well. Again, not reputable sources, but all that is around. Apparently, SW did work with the 1s though and JF3 with the 2s

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, AUMASTERS said:

Or maybe Jeremy is the clear starter and he wanted to figure out who the 2nd stringer was :homer:

5 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Any word on how Kam Martin is doing? Think he can be a big playmaker for us

Practiced with the 2nd team today ... looks like he's getting an opportunity to show what he can do.

11 minutes ago, CR said:

Myron Burton left to be a model.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Practiced with the 2nd team today ... looks like he's getting an opportunity to show what he can do.

Awesome, thank you.

I was at scrimmage. JF3 outplayed SW. SW eventually started moving the ball and looked good. Neither looked very good throwing the football. I believe SW had 2 TO JF3 1 and JF3 was on the 4th down drill. 

Edited by austudnt23

700-1000 people there so should be plenty of info floating around about the results.  Gus said Woody played with 3rd a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

Or maybe Jeremy is the clear starter and he wanted to figure out who the 2nd stringer was :homer:

dd1b2a72-90b4-439b-9292-75f7685b4ecd.jpg

• Like 4

According to a few people at the scrimmage that were giving updates on other boards, our qbs were terrible. SW did not play well and had multiple turnovers. JF3 did a little better. Kam looked good. There was also some play calling concerns posted. Maybe au23 can elaborate on that because they said we ran the same stuff as last year with no success.

Gus is in a tough spot. We are in a tough spot.

Hope our D is elite this year. 

Kennion is likely transferring to another school, according to a source familiar with the decision.

Kennion, a native of Jacksonville, Fla., played in both 2014 and 2015 and started two games last season. He had three tackles in a starting role against Mississippi State.

"He’s headed back home and we wish him nothing but the best with that," Malzahn said.

Kennion did not appear to be a strong contender for a starting spot in 2016.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/D-end-leaves-the-team-46745770

34 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I was at scrimmage. JF3 outplayed SW. SW eventually started moving the ball and looked good. Neither looked very good throwing the football. I believe SW had 2 TO JF3 1 and JF3 was on the 4th down drill. 

Picks? TDs? ???