Orange-Out Against Clemson

logan adams

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

You're both saying that it was an FU from State.

Agree to agree.

Wasn't disagreeing. Only part I did not hear 3 years ago was that it was a FU to Gus. That is news to me.

I recall their HC being an azz about the jerseys and some on-the-field antics (that I can't recall right now).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Agree to agree.

Agreed! HAHA!!

21 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Agree to agree.

If you haven't figured it out by now, Viper is only capable of communicating in arguments, stating opinions as definitive, and taking jabs at others.  He doesn't do "agree".

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If you haven't figured it out by now, Viper is only capable of communicating in arguments, stating opinions as definitive, and taking jabs at others.  He doesn't do "agree".

Agreed

100% Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Those are all in the last 10 days? Shall I keep going?

I typically research my facts & stats before offering an opinion. If so, that does equal  "definitive." if not, then it's not.

When have I taken jabs at others? And no, asking TigerWar if he's going to go Soulja Boy on us again isn't taking a jab. He loves him some Auburn muscles.

17 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Agreed

100% Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Those are all in the last 10 days? Shall I keep going?

I typically research my facts & stats before offering an opinion. If so, that does equal  "definitive." if not, then it's not.

When have I taken jabs at others? And no, asking TigerWar if he's going to go Soulja Boy on us again isn't taking a jab. He loves him some Auburn muscles.

I gather by @lionheartkc 's silence on this response, he has conceded his accusations are false.

Nice feeble attempt I suppose.

On 8/18/2016 at 10:55 AM, AU64 said:

Unlikely.....they are basically orange....so if AU goes orange too, nobody will be able to tell the fans apart though the crowd should be about 80% AU orange.

The fans might be in orange but the team will be in these 

DeshaunWatson_2_2015_300.jpg

I hate this whole orange jersey idea. When did we become Tennessee? It smacks of, We're not good enough to beat you straight up so we going with this gimmick to see if we can motivate ourselves.

"We're gonna put on them blue jerseys and put the fear of God into 'em". Pat Dye, when asked what his defensive plan was for Alabama after he was hired in 1981.

1 hour ago, Richard78 said:

I hate this whole orange jersey idea. When did we become Tennessee? It smacks of, We're not good enough to beat you straight up so we going with this gimmick to see if we can motivate ourselves.

"We're gonna put on them blue jerseys and put the fear of God into 'em". Pat Dye, when asked what his defensive plan was for Alabama after he was hired in 1981.

It's not orange jerseys...

Hello again, hope you guys are doing well. Just came back to check in after hearing the news, you were doing the "ORANGE OUT" for the Clemson game.

I found that interesting, and wanted to know the last time you used this combination. I expect we'll do the tradional, "all white uniforms"- but there has been

nothing made public. Thanks again, and yes...Come on Sept 3rd.

17 hours ago, Richard78 said:

Somebody didn't actually read what the OP is about.

2 hours ago, Prime T. Tiger said:

Hello again, hope you guys are doing well. Just came back to check in after hearing the news, you were doing the "ORANGE OUT" for the Clemson game.

I found that interesting, and wanted to know the last time you used this combination. I expect we'll do the tradional, "all white uniforms"- but there has been

nothing made public. Thanks again, and yes...Come on Sept 3rd.

"Orange Out" is for the fans. I think visually it will look like nearly 100% home fans for the game which is always cool to see on TV.

The "orange out" is a smart move to gain any advantage you can. Home field, night game, entire stadium virtually one color. Why not make it appear there are no opposing fans there. What is there to lose ?

I wish they'd give all the fans orange shakers again. Shakers make you yell more, I think, and you also have something with which you can "accidently" whack that annoying opposing team fan in the head. haha

On 8/19/2016 at 0:19 PM, AUsince72 said:

I'm not saying that you're wrong because I would literally have to look it up on the NCAA rulebook to know but are you saying "color" jerseys period?  Or are you saying Arky St got the penalty because they color that they chose to wear was too similar to Auburn's blue jersey?  As my recollection goes, the discussion during the game was that they were penalized because the bluish-gray jerseys were too close to Auburn's.  However, since Clemson's would be completely different (orange) that is fine.

Sry, didn't read far enough down before giving my opinion! lol

On August 21, 2016 at 2:19 PM, VipersStrike1 said:

In the 2013 IB, it wasn't officially an "Orange Out," but all orange shakers were given to the fans. Looked fantastic on TV. 

If I recall correctly, the fans were asked to wear navy and then were given the Orange shakers. The result was, as you said, fantastic. I'd be okay if we did that again cause it did look amazing with the background dark and contrast.

Some reporter gal on BSPN this morning was ripping Auburn for asking fans to wear orange "like Clemson". Is anybody going to report WHY Clemson wears orange & purple (faded blue)? Auburn assistant football coach Walter Riggs got permission to buy & take with him old faded AU unis when Clemson hired him to start a football program (1896). Clemson denies that (!) and the fact Riggs bullied the players into "voting for" a tiger mascot like Auburn, for Clemson. (Princeton my butt, Wikipedia).  

Archived