Orange-Out Against Clemson

logan adams

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well maybe this doesn't matter at all but it was a thought that crossed my mind.  Clemson will wear their orange jerseys correct? So with the crowd and everything else being orange too.  Won't that make the players on the field be more of a blur to Watson since their jerseys blend in to the background?  And Auburn will stick out better.  Probably doesn't help at all but worth throwing out there...

My guess is Clemson will wear white jerseys.  Not binding but that's typically what would happen.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well maybe this doesn't matter at all but it was a thought that crossed my mind.  Clemson will wear their orange jerseys correct? So with the crowd and everything else being orange too.  Won't that make the players on the field be more of a blur to Watson since their jerseys blend in to the background?  And Auburn will stick out better.  Probably doesn't help at all but worth throwing out there...

Clempson will probably be in white jerseys with orange helmets. 

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Clempson will probably be in white jerseys with orange helmets. 

I beat ya' to it....but you got me with the additional point on the helmets :cheers:

Well it was worth a shot.  I remember last time they played here they were in all orange

Dabo hasn't told me anything about jerseys.  I'm just assuming.

Auburn in orange jerseys.  This is a win win IMO.  If Auburn is going to be a dumpster fire like half the board predicts then Gus should gimmick it up going down.  If Auburn is bound for glory like the other half predict then why not announce our arrival?  If they're as ugly as the fake ones floating around then box'em up for another 20 years.imagepng

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well it was worth a shot.  I remember last time they played here they were in all orange

You referring to the game in Atlanta where they both wore their colors?  That was some "kickoff classic" wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You referring to the game in Atlanta where they both wore their colors?  That was some "kickoff classic" wasn't it?

Yes you are right.  I don't know why I thought they were in orange when they played here

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yes you are right.  I don't know why I thought they were in orange when they played here

FWIW, Since their jersey colors are significantly different, Clemson CAN wear orange if they chose to.. Just not sure they want to.

57 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Dabo hasn't told me anything about jerseys.  I'm just assuming.

Auburn in orange jerseys.  This is a win win IMO.  If Auburn is going to be a dumpster fire like half the board predicts then Gus should gimmick it up going down.  If Auburn is bound for glory like the other half predict then why not announce our arrival?  If they're as ugly as the fake ones floating around then box'em up for another 20 years.imagepng

Have to say, if there was ever a time to break the orange jerseys out, it's this game for the reasons you mentioned.  If we lose, we could blame the jersey.  If we win,  we can give credit to them. Being that the fans are wearing orange when a team of predominantly orange visits,  it would cause quite a stir.  Of course we would need to also score quickly to really send a message.  

17 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Tennessee uses the phrase Orange Crush....

Clemson has as well...at least when I was there.

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

FWIW, Since their jersey colors are significantly different, Clemson CAN wear orange if they chose to.. Just not sure they want to.

The visitor is assessed a 15-yard penalty after the opening kickoff of both halves.

Arkansas St. opted for this in 2013...

http://image.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/alphotos/photo/2013/09/13370519-mmmain.jpg

11 hours ago, MIGMAN said:

Stupid. Wearing the primary color of the opposing team. Some prime braintrust work went into that one. 

I'm not sure that the entire stadium looking like it is filled with the home crowd is a bad thing. 

11 hours ago, MIGMAN said:

Stupid. Wearing the primary color of the opposing team. Some prime braintrust work went into that one. 

We've worn orange since the Tubs era. Wore orange when Tennessee visited.

It will make Clemson fans wear purple.

Wearing blue AND using blue/orange shakers looked horrid last time Clemson played at JH....

Auburn%20vs%20Clemson%202010.jpg%7Eorigi

7 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

We've worn orange since the Tubs era. Wore orange when Tennessee visited.

It will make Clemson fans wear purple.

Wearing blue AND using blue/orange shakers looked horrid last time Clemson played at JH....

Auburn%20vs%20Clemson%202010.jpg%7Eorigi

What, you don't like the sad, empty stadium look? The more a football game looks like a Morrissey concert, the better TBQH.

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

The visitor is assessed a 15-yard penalty after the opening kickoff of both halves.

Arkansas St. opted for this in 2013...

http://image.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/alphotos/photo/2013/09/13370519-mmmain.jpg  

I'm not saying that you're wrong because I would literally have to look it up on the NCAA rulebook to know but are you saying "color" jerseys period?  Or are you saying Arky St got the penalty because they color that they chose to wear was too similar to Auburn's blue jersey?  As my recollection goes, the discussion during the game was that they were penalized because the bluish-gray jerseys were too close to Auburn's.  However, since Clemson's would be completely different (orange) that is fine.

Arky St was also penalized for wearing jerseys with numbers that the refs considered too difficult to read.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-state-penalized-twice-wearing-gray-uniforms-against-164336310--ncaaf.html

"Arkansas State drew penalties at the beginning of each half in its visit to Auburn on Saturday night for its choice of uniforms.

The Red Wolves wore gray tops and black pants against Auburn, who wore its traditional navy blue tops and white pants. Not only were the gray jerseys a violation of the NCAA's rule requiring teams to wear contrasting colors, but the team's red numbers on the gray jerseys was also in violation of a new rule requiring that the numbers on the jerseys are clearly visible. (The red numbers did not have any contrasting trim -- it was black.)"

12 minutes ago, cptau said:

Arky St was also penalized for wearing jerseys with numbers that the refs considered too difficult to read.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arkansas-state-penalized-twice-wearing-gray-uniforms-against-164336310--ncaaf.html

"Arkansas State drew penalties at the beginning of each half in its visit to Auburn on Saturday night for its choice of uniforms.

The Red Wolves wore gray tops and black pants against Auburn, who wore its traditional navy blue tops and white pants. Not only were the gray jerseys a violation of the NCAA's rule requiring teams to wear contrasting colors, but the team's red numbers on the gray jerseys was also in violation of a new rule requiring that the numbers on the jerseys are clearly visible. (The red numbers did not have any contrasting trim -- it was black.)"

Yes, that's it!  I thought I remembered something about numbers too but figured my memory might be adding things that weren't there....  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, cptau said:

BOTH were violations.

The ref stated over his mic after the kickoff on the penalty, "By rule, the visiting teams' jerseys are not white."

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm not saying that you're wrong because I would literally have to look it up on the NCAA rulebook to know but are you saying "color" jerseys period?  Or are you saying Arky St got the penalty because they color that they chose to wear was too similar to Auburn's blue jersey?  As my recollection goes, the discussion during the game was that they were penalized because the bluish-gray jerseys were too close to Auburn's.  However, since Clemson's would be completely different (orange) that is fine.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/MEMO_Uniform_Rules_05222014.pdf

1.   Jersey Color—Home Team

a. The home team must wear colored jerseys. White jerseys are allowed for the home team only if the two teams have agreed in writing before the season.

b. The home team jersey must be of such a color that it clearly and unquestionably is in distinct contrast with the white jersey worn by the visiting team. Jerseys that are gray or light yellow, for example, are very likely not to comply with this rule.

2.   Jersey Color—Visiting Team

a.   The visiting team must wear white jerseys.

Exceptions:

(1)The visiting team has agreed in writing before the season that the home team may where white jerseys (I-a above). In this case, the visitor must wear its colored jerseys.

(2)The teams have agreed in writing before the season that both teams will wear colored jerseys. In this case, the conference of the home team must certify that the visiting team’s jersey is of a contrasting color. If at the start of each half the visiting team is wearing a colored jersey without having met these conditions, there will be a 15-yard penalty on each opening kickoff for unsportsmanlike conduct.

3. Jersey Numerals

a. Size and type

The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 inches on the front of the jersey and at least 10 inches on the back. If there are numerals on any other part of the jersey, they must correspond to the mandatory front and back numerals.

b.Color

The numerals must be of a color that clearly and distinctly contrasts with the color of the jersey. This requirement for a contrasting color applies to the numeral itself, irrespective of any border around it. If there is any question as to whether the colors of the numerals contrast with the color of the jersey, they are deemed NOT to contrast. To assist with designing a uniform, a white jersey should have a dark colored number; a colored jersey should have a white or light colored number.

c. Violations

Jersey numbers that do not conform to the rules constitute illegal equipment. Rule 1-4-8 requires that a player who is wearing illegal equipment may not be allowed to play, and his team shall be charged with a timeout. When this rule originated, the rules committee did not anticipate that an entire team would be wearing illegal equipment. Therefore, to address this issue the rules committee has confirmed a 2013 interpretation by making the following rule clarification:

Beginning in 2014, if a team is wearing jerseys with numerals that do not clearly and distinctly contrast with the color of the jersey, the team will be asked to change into compliant jerseys before the game and before the start of each quarter until the jerseys are changed. Officials shall charge a team timeout at the start of each quarter in which the non-compliant jerseys are worn.

13 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/MEMO_Uniform_Rules_05222014.pdf

1.   Jersey Color—Home Team

a. The home team must wear colored jerseys. White jerseys are allowed for the home team only if the two teams have agreed in writing before the season.

b. The home team jersey must be of such a color that it clearly and unquestionably is in distinct contrast with the white jersey worn by the visiting team. Jerseys that are gray or light yellow, for example, are very likely not to comply with this rule.

2.   Jersey Color—Visiting Team

a.   The visiting team must wear white jerseys.

Exceptions:

(1)The visiting team has agreed in writing before the season that the home team may where white jerseys (I-a above). In this case, the visitor must wear its colored jerseys.

(2)The teams have agreed in writing before the season that both teams will wear colored jerseys. In this case, the conference of the home team must certify that the visiting team’s jersey is of a contrasting color. If at the start of each half the visiting team is wearing a colored jersey without having met these conditions, there will be a 15-yard penalty on each opening kickoff for unsportsmanlike conduct.

3. Jersey Numerals

a. Size and type

The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 inches on the front of the jersey and at least 10 inches on the back. If there are numerals on any other part of the jersey, they must correspond to the mandatory front and back numerals.

b.Color

The numerals must be of a color that clearly and distinctly contrasts with the color of the jersey. This requirement for a contrasting color applies to the numeral itself, irrespective of any border around it. If there is any question as to whether the colors of the numerals contrast with the color of the jersey, they are deemed NOT to contrast. To assist with designing a uniform, a white jersey should have a dark colored number; a colored jersey should have a white or light colored number.

c. Violations

Jersey numbers that do not conform to the rules constitute illegal equipment. Rule 1-4-8 requires that a player who is wearing illegal equipment may not be allowed to play, and his team shall be charged with a timeout. When this rule originated, the rules committee did not anticipate that an entire team would be wearing illegal equipment. Therefore, to address this issue the rules committee has confirmed a 2013 interpretation by making the following rule clarification:

Beginning in 2014, if a team is wearing jerseys with numerals that do not clearly and distinctly contrast with the color of the jersey, the team will be asked to change into compliant jerseys before the game and before the start of each quarter until the jerseys are changed. Officials shall charge a team timeout at the start of each quarter in which the non-compliant jerseys are worn.

Well there ya' go.  So, if they agree, then Clemson can wear orange.  

Now, with that said, I'm guessing they'll wear white anyway but hey, it was a fun exercise!

War Eagle!

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Well there ya' go.  So, if they agree, then Clemson can wear orange.  

Now, with that said, I'm guessing they'll wear white anyway but hey, it was a fun exercise!

War Eagle!

Correct. But the reason why ARK St. in 2013 was penalized was because AU did not agree to them wearing colored jerseys.

The contrast jersey/numeral penalty did not go in effect until 2014 as referenced in that link.

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

Correct. But the reason why ARK St. in 2013 was penalized was because AU did not agree to them wearing colored jerseys.

The contrast jersey/numeral penalty did not go in effect until 2014 as referenced in that link.

I understand you on that.  I also seem to remember that Arky St did admit that they wore those jerseys as a sort of a Foxtrot Uniform to Gus.

24 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I understand you on that.  I also seem to remember that Arky St did admit that they wore those jerseys as a sort of a Foxtrot Uniform to Gus.

IIRC, it was the HC just being an azz.

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

7 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

IIRC, it was the HC just being an azz.

You're both saying that it was an FU from State.

Agree to agree.

Archived