Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

Just bumping in to reply to some general posts, I can see why Gus worked so hard to try to recreate the 2013 offense, it's alot easier to maintain his simplicity in terms of playbook and formations using that power rushing attack with a dominant offensive line vs a finesse passing game that's used to open up the run. Now it may be problematic that Gus came into this year with that mentality as JF3 hasn't panned out and the other two options couldn't run that prior offense at all, but I see where he's coming from.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never said it was all Sean White. When you and your cult-like following continues to list a grocery list of excuses for Sean White, I will pick them apart so I guess that led to your false inferences. You just can't help yourselves with the excuses. I can go up two posts and spot more excuses, in particular, the experience excuse. 

12 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Can I get in on this game? I'll take it one step further. He won't get drafted by an NFL team when he graduates.

That's fine to say because he's shorter than Drew Brees and would need to greatly improve some of his throws to even get a look. He's still got time though. If Stidham comes in, he'd be one helluva 2nd stringer though!

47 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

There's also been like 4 dropped TDs in the end zone that were put in the WRs hands as well. Sean has also made some bad passes. Does that mean we completely stop throwing the ball in the red zone and rely solely on the run game with a less than dominant OL? I mean damn..when you run it 5 straight times to get you in the red zone is it really smart to run it 4 more times? Lol. Somethings gotta give in that regard if we're going to continue winning. We have some height and talent at WR now...why aren't we using them? Because they aren't marquee blockers? That's utterly senseless. Our HB(CC) is missing an enormously crazy amount of blocks creating a whole other issue. I don't mean to sound like a SW fanboy, although I admit I think he could be better due to multiple reasons, personal and outside factors, but it really gets old hearing all the bashing when all these other factors aren't taken into consideration. He's not lighting it up no doubt, but he's playing solid enough to manage the offense into prosperous situations if the coaches would open it up more. The first thing I'd do this week would be to sit Cox and Stevens until they figure out how to block and catch. Put KP back at the HB and let the young WRs run loose. They gotta get game experience. It would pay major dividends IMO. Until then, thank heavens for our Defense....I hope they can keep their edge through all of this. WDE 

Man, I hope nobody's seriously saying that a player's NFL future- or lack thereof- has anything to do with their ability to play their position in college. Especially not an Auburn fan who presumably can remember who their quarterback was a whole 2 years ago. 

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

The facts are facts. JF3 fits our offense better. 

That sounds like a problem with the OC and HC. Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole kind of thing. If you've got an efficient game manager type QB, build your offense around that and stop trying to force SW to be something he's not. I love the potential JFIII seems to have but that takes us back to a 1-dimentional offense and we all know what happens to those kinds of offenses.

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I've never said it was all Sean White. When you and your cult-like following continues to list a grocery list of excuses for Sean White, I will pick them apart so I guess that led to your false inferences. You just can't help yourselves with the excuses. I can go up two posts and spot more excuses, in particular, the experience excuse. 

The fact that you think of them as excuses reveals your lack of understanding of the game. I really think you know more than your post prove. So please, List the "excuses" I have used and please tell me how they do not come into play when evaluating a teams performance. 

Hahahahaha... inexperience is an "excuse" and not a valid explanation of why a player might not be performing at an all-SEC level yet, particularly at one of the most cerebral positions in sports... 

Not sure what it is about QB conversations that make people want to argue just for arguing's sake, even if it means taking a patently ridiculous position like that.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, bigbird said:

Did he miss some throws, yes. However I haven't seen a AU QB stand in the pocket and take hits in a long time. Cam didn't, Nick didn't(neither were asked to). The last I can think of was Cox or maybe Nix.  I have always been a SW fan and I'm unapologetic to that.  He is tough as nails, delivers a good ball, and commands the offense. 

He is growing up in front of us and had one heck of a game. Even though the team struggled a lot of the game, the struggle can not be attributed to Sean. He played really well.

You said it already so no need to debate this one your a fan of him.  Most of us are not he don't fit Malzahn offense at all that is why we struggle in the red zone.  He holds the ball too long don't' throw the deep ball well.  I will say this the play calling has been terrible for 2 years.  Maybe the 6 plays we run over and over again teams are finally catching up to them.  SW best game to date in terms of numbers is inferior competition. what game would you classify as his marque game?  Kentucky? and how many TD's did he have?  lets now talk about Memphis (you will probably use the injured excuse) who is playing football 100% healthy at the end of the year?  Nobody...

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The fact that you think of them as excuses reveals your lack of understanding of the game. I really think you know more than your post prove. So please, List the "excuses" I have used and please tell me how they do not come into play when evaluating a teams performance. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I must just be dense then...but I'm not the only one that infers that from your posting history.

you said it...

4 minutes ago, willieguns said:

You said it already so no need to debate this one your a fan of him.  Most of us are not he don't fit Malzahn offense at all that is why we struggle in the red zone.  He holds the ball too long don't' throw the deep ball well.  I will say this the play calling has been terrible for 2 years.  Maybe the 6 plays we run over and over again teams are finally catching up to them.  SW best game to date in terms of numbers is inferior competition. what game would you classify as his marque game?  Kentucky? and how many TD's did he have?  lets now talk about Memphis (you will probably use the injured excuse) who is playing football 100% healthy at the end of the year?  Nobody...

I am and all of last year you defended JJ tooth and nail. You were wrong then and are still wrong.

If you honestly think that is why we struggle in the RZ then you are sadly blind to our struggles. 

6 minutes ago, willieguns said:

you said it...

And you still can't create a logical argument to counter it. After a year it's the same drivel about Sean. You were wrong in you analysis for last year's problems and you are again this year.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I am and all of last year you defended JJ tooth and nail. You were wrong then and are still wrong.

If you honestly think that is why we struggle in the RZ then you are sadly blind to our struggles. 

what is our struggles in the redzone?  since I am wrong cause I do remember JJ, NM, and all the QB's getting it done in the redzone.  you tell me what the issues is. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hahahahaha... inexperience is an "excuse" and not a valid explanation of why a player might not be performing at an all-SEC level yet, particularly at one of the most cerebral positions in sports... 

Not sure what it is about QB conversations that make people want to argue just for arguing's sake, even if it means taking a patently ridiculous position like that.

I've explained why but most don't listen. People either use excuses for one qb and not the other. People have favorites and when a critique happens to a favorite they make it personal, or people heap alot of praise very early on a guy and if someone doesn't agree then the only way to justify that is talk about the negatives. Like comparing or saying something about the greats then the convo will drift to a different area and it's not just about congratulating anymore. But if you don't mention the greats then the convo had a better chance staying on course.  certain posters have a following or whatnot and most of the guys that do lean towards praising sw. So that will dictate the overall thread as well. Lastly the tag teaming aspect will lead too harsh convos as one person may take it too far but it bleeds into lashing out at several people.

1 minute ago, willieguns said:

what is our struggles in the redzone?  since I am wrong cause I do remember JJ, NM, and all the QB's getting it done in the redzone.  you tell me what the issues is. 

Do you also rmember the difference in our line? But, I mean why would NFL talent tackles make a difference in the run game?

Since you need the help, I'll oblige you.

Our biggest issue is the play calling and predictability. I would follow that by the offensive line not being able to blow people off the ball as well as missing blocking assignments. Next, I would say that our HBs are missing an ungodly number of key blocks. Notice, those are all run game issues. And since we run the ball almost 75%of the time that would make them the main issues. Next, I would say the receivers dropping passes. That's a pretty big deal when you only throw it 25% of the time. Finally, I would say ball security. After the first game that has not been much of an issue

15 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Please tell me that you didn't attend Auburn! 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you also rmember the difference in our line? But, I mean why would NFL talent tackles make a difference in the run game?

Since you need the help, I'll oblige you.

Our biggest issue is the play calling and predictability. I would follow that by the offensive line not being able to blow people off the ball as well as missing blocking assignments. Next, I would say that our HBs are missing an ungodly number of key blocks. Notice, those are all run game issues. And since we run the ball almost 75%of the time that would make them the main issues. Next, I would say the receivers dropping passes. That's a pretty big deal when you only throw it 25% of the time. Finally, I would say ball security. After the first game that has not been much of an issue

All this was true last year too.  Give me another excuse cause we couldn't use these last season unless SW was at the helm.  smh...

16 minutes ago, willieguns said:

I don't remember jj getting it done, but I don't remember too many people besides me talking about the other things that were wrong with the team back then either....

3 minutes ago, willieguns said:

All this was true last year too.  Give me another excuse cause we couldn't use these last season unless SW was at the helm.  smh...

No it wasn't we had several future NFL players on the O line last year... plus more experience on O line.

I DO think this O line is getting better and will be very GOOD before the end of the year however.

1 minute ago, JGLEATON said:

No it wasn't we had several future NFL players on the O line last year... plus more experience on O line.

People complained about those players you mentioned. And the experience level wasn't too much more than now. Kozan was coming back from injury and was very rusty. Smith first year. Golston first year with us and playing a new position. They got much better as the year progressed but they were very shaky at the beginning. Also Cox has struggled pretty bad this year and he's better this year than last

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People complained about those players you mentioned. And the experience level wasn't too much more than now. Kozan was coming back from injury and was very rusty. Smith first year. Golston first year with us and playing a new position. They got much better as the year progressed but they were very shaky at the beginning. Also Cox has struggled pretty bad this year and he's better this year than last

True but I think overall cohesion as a unit seemed / was better and the play from center was better even from the start last year... I do think there were problems last year and they got better, but I think the problems this year are so much more glaring... really hit and miss as far as good and bad play... and the D's this year so far seem to really  be able to confuse and cause havoc with our blocking schemes... maybe it's more Hand as a coach, but I think the problems are fixable and they are getting better... they just need to be much more consistent.

I'll edit to add, we've also seen three pretty darn good D's to start off this year so there's that difference for this O-line having to deal with too...

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody expects SW to be all SEC yet. Stop with the red herrings. It doesn't require experience to do well. Lamar Jackson did well against us in his first career game. Jalen Hurts is putting up points as a TF as well. Given this is Sean White's third year with the program, spare me the inexperience excuses. Sean's inexperience isn't the reason for our offensive issues. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Nobody expects SW to be all SEC yet. Stop with the red herrings. It doesn't require experience to do well. Lamar Jackson did well against us in his first career game. Jalen Hurts is putting up points as a TF as well. Given this is Sean White's third year with the program, spare me the inexperience excuses. Sean's inexperience isn't the reason for our offensive issues. 

You're right. It's an OL and coaching problem

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

My understanding of the game is fine. Just keep on with "if the receivers didn't drop so many TDs, our RZ offense would be fine" excuse. Don't worry, I'll call it a "reason" next time.

Archived