2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Fields will be in ATL for the fsu v bama game. 

I haven't heard about Joey Ballgame's plans. 

Their game got moved to my day due to weather so I bet he’s sticking around to practice for that.  

If Fields saw the beating Francosi took behind the FSU line I wonder if it is making him re-think FSU?

• Like 2

I think he had 2 passing Tds and one rushing??

In about the same amount of PT Joey's numbers were much better that his teams other QB. It would seem like the team would be better with Joey as the starter period. He was responsible for 4 TD's the other QB 1 and Joey had twice as much total yardage and no interceptions.

Gatewood could not have started his season any better than he has, it appears.   Wow.   

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In about the same amount of PT Joey's numbers were much better that his teams other QB. It would seem like the team would be better with Joey as the starter period. He was responsible for 4 TD's the other QB 1 and Joey had twice as much total yardage and no interceptions.

Hopefully the coach will realize that he needs to put team above individual player and give Joey more play time when it's on the line.

• Like 1

here is a challenge for you:

based on 2 games this year from Joey "I will carry my team" Gatewood, I wonder who has shown more upside after two games?

Cam after two HS games, his senior year or Joey Gatewood after two games this year????   

Ignore how Cam turned out, who would you pick based on this hypothetical?  

Shout out to @aujeff11 for retweeting this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great run just a reminder Mainland is a great football program in Fl.

Great run & a beautiful throw.

• Like 3

That throw was beautiful. Those are throws that stars make. People are off on their prognostications if they think he is going to be a TE at the next level. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That throw was beautiful. Those are throws that stars make. People are off on their prognostications if they think he is going to be a TE at the next level. 

Seriously. If that were my son with that talent and a coach suggested he was a tight end, they would be scratched from the list immediately. He is impressive, with skills you can't coach. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Seriously. If that were my son with that talent and a coach suggested he was a tight end, they would be scratched from the list immediately. He is impressive, with skills you can't coach. 

How do you think Joey G feels sharing the reps with a guy who will at best play at UAB or somewhere like that? The coach did not do what is best for both kids imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

How do you think Joey G feels sharing the reps with a guy who will at best play at UAB or somewhere like that? The coach did not do what is best for both kids imo.

Joey has answered that question after his first game,.  He said it is the right thing to do because his peer QB is very talented as well.  

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Joey has answered that question after his first game,.  He said it is the right thing to do because his peer QB is very talented as well.  

lol I respect joey g for saying the RIGHT thing. That is probaly not what he really thinks. I mean come on. But he handled that like a seasoned pro and I am so proud to see that. very mature.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I respect joey g for saying the RIGHT thing. That is probaly not what he really thinks. I mean come on. But he handled that like a seasoned pro and I am so proud to see that. very mature.

Kid is dripping with "it factor" for sure. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Joey G doesn't need help, unless it's to get a higher recruiting ranking.  He had an offer and has accepted it from one of the top 15 programs in the history of college football - auburn.  What else does he need?

• Like 1