2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

http://www.al.com/au...er_mobile_index

Seems to be a target of CDC and LSU

[Assuming Rhett is who drove off DC] I swear, if RL costs us JG... :realmad:

The obvious question is how soon we'll need him to start. We can't afford to have to wait for him and need him to be ready immediately upon arrival--I shudder at the thought of two more seasons of 2015-level play, especially since it might take him time to develop. If at least one of Sean or Woody is developed well, that likely won't be the case.

Either way, he could make SEC Ds panic one day.

Edited by AUwent

[Assuming Rhett is who drove off DC] I swear, if RL costs us JG... :realmad:

The obvious question is how soon we'll need him to start. We can't afford to have to wait for him and need him to be ready immediately upon arrival--I shudder at the thought of two more seasons of 2015-level play, especially since it might take him time to develop. If at least one of Sean or Woody is developed well, that likely won't be the case.

1. He didn't so don't assume it. Gus's Rigidity ran him off. 2. The only way RL costs us Joey is if RL leaves. Rhett is a huge reason Joey committed to AU in the first place. 3. You're worrying enough on the 2016 season. Keep your concerns there til after 2016. Edited by ellitor

[Assuming Rhett is who drove off DC] I swear, if RL costs us JG... :realmad:/>

1. He didn't so don't assume it. CDC's ego combined w/ Gus's Rigidity ran him off. 2. The only way RL costs us Joey is if RL leaves. Rhett is a huge reason Joey committed to AU in the first place. 3. You're worrying enough on the 2016 season. Keep your concerns there til after 2016.

Well then we need to hear more Keep RL posts then. Totally worth it .

1. He didn't so don't assume it. CDC's ego combined w/ Gus's Rigidity ran him off. 2. The only way RL costs us Joey is if RL leaves. Rhett is a huge reason Joey committed to AU in the first place. 3. You're worrying enough on the 2016 season. Keep your concerns there til after 2016.

Maybe but having CRL probably gives people ammo for negative recruiting.

That and the fact we have sucked in the SEC for a while.

You are right though, we need 2016 to be a break out year for our offense

Edited by Randman5000

2 years removed from the NC game translates to sucked in the SEC for a while? Wow.

2 years removed from the NC game translates to sucked in the SEC for a while? Wow.

Wait how many other SEC teams have been SEC champ twice in last 5 years? Only 1 other team, right?

^Our recruiting up to this year has been very good, so there's no denying that we have had some good selling points. That's obviously one of them. Some of our unique game day traditions might help as well.

Edited by AUwent

Not to mention the fact that our offense was first in the SEC on 2013 and second in 2014. One bad season is all we're talking about on that side of the ball.

Recruits won't argue what "for a while" means - we're 6 - 10 in the SEC since 2013 and trending in the wrong direction. The response to that is of course that since the early 2000's, Auburn blasts out a top 5 caliber team every 3-4 years with often some pretty dicey results in between. Let's see, 2013 was how long ago?

E, the only thing I have an issue with regarding your statement is, when you say "Dameyune's ego" is why he's not at AU anymore... That's just not true.

Dameyune is probably the least egotistical person on the staff. He left because there were several promises that were made that Gus reneged on. He was basically lied to. He had no choice but to leave... and, everybody understands that (including Gus and Rhett).

Talking about "Dameyune's ego" is painting him in a bad light... and that's not fair.

Edited by Altima

Ok, I am not a grammar nazi, but I feel it's worth pointing out that it is "reneged", not "renigged". Carry on.

Ok, I am not a grammar nazi, but I feel it's worth pointing out that it is "reneged", not "renigged". Carry on.

fixed

Not being a grammar Nazi but I think a lie is an intent to deceive. Giving Gus the benefit of the doubt...some things you intend to do just don't work out as intended or hoped.....so hoping that was the case... :dunno:

E, the only thing I have an issue with regarding your statement is, when you say "Dameyune's ego" is why he's not at AU anymore... That's just not true.

Dameyune is probably the least egotistical person on the staff. He left because there were several promises that were made that Gus reneged on. He was basically lied to. He had no choice but to leave... and, everybody understands that (including Gus and Rhett).

Talking about "Dameyune's ego" is painting him in a bad light... and that's not fair.

I agree. I also tend to take him at his word that it was a career move to help him be a HC one day. Not sure why it has to be anymore than that.

Not being a grammar Nazi but I think a lie is an intent to deceive. Giving Gus the benefit of the doubt...some things you intend to do just don't work out as intended or hoped.....so hoping that was the case... :dunno:/>

Yeah, let's hope Gus didn't 'intentionally' promise things to Dameyune he knew he couldn't fullfill... just to lure him away from FSU.

Let's get real for a second... Dameyune was in a great situation at FSU. He left because he was promised it would be a faster track to an OC position at AU.

Rhett Lashlee's stock could not be any lower right now (so no other school would dare hire him away), and especially with Gus determining he wouldn't cut him loose, the writing was on the wall regarding Dameyune and his promised promotion...

It was best for DC's coaching career to leave.

Edited by Altima

Not being a grammar Nazi but I think a lie is an intent to deceive. Giving Gus the benefit of the doubt...some things you intend to do just don't work out as intended or hoped.....so hoping that was the case... :dunno:/>

Yeah, let's hope Gus didn't 'intentionally' promise things to Dameyune he knew he couldn't fullfill... just to lure him away from FSU.

Let's get real for a second... Dameyune was in a great situation at FSU. He left because he was promised it would be a faster track to an OC position at AU.

Rhett Lashlee's stock could not be any lower right now (so no other school would dare hire him away), and especially with Gus determining he wouldn't cut him loose, the writing was on the wall regarding Dameyune and his promised promotion...

It was best for DC's coaching career to leave.

Sounds like a patience issue to me. It was evident that Gus was looking for a new home for Rhett, just based on his public comments about how he would make a great head coach for a school. If Gus told Craig that he was the heir apparent to the OC position, and he wasn't willing to wait until Rhett was able to move on in another way that being fired, then that's on Craig. The outside world would definitely be questioning Gus if he fired the OC who presided over the #1 and #2 ranked offenses in the SEC in 2013-2014 and replaced him with the position coach over the part of the offense with the biggest issues.

I would be willing to bet that Gus will continue to try to find a new home for Rhett and that it will likely happen before LSU offers Craig their OC position or another school comes calling.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:52 AM, NoALtiger said:

Not sure why it has to be anymore than that.

That is true because his ideas weren't being heard here. If CDC was being listened to & happy he would still be here & would be a career move to stay & help him be a HC.

Edited by ellitor

So.....Back to Mr. Gatewood.......

Worth another look

Gives me the goosebumps with how much he runs like Cam. I know he will have to adjust to college life but damn, I can get used to that.

Worth another look

https://twitter.com/...663169153196032

That was my first time actually watching that. The most impressive thing to me is the stamina it takes to still be making sharp, smart cuts after already running for what seemed like 60 yards or more.