2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

Look at that arm....sophomore Smh

He can throw very well when on the run. Too bad I feel like getting him is little more than a pipe dream.

If Gus makes it we will be good

He can throw very well when on the run. Too bad I feel like getting him is little more than a pipe dream.

What about Narcisse?

What about Narcisse?

I have not heard anything recently other then we are still in the running.

What about Narcisse?

Fooey. I'm going back to being Eeyore then.

What about Narcisse?

Fooey. I'm going back to being Eeyore then.

Knew all along

What about Narcisse?

Very much in the thick if it still.

Sure wish we had addressed the QB coach situation that continues to fester. It will be used against us. These guys just want to get to Sunday's and will be looking for someone to hone their talents. After the past 2 years of total failure by this staff position we are behind the eight ball. With the recruiting talent surrounding us it will be extreamly tough to hang on to him.

Just FTR that's as much on Gus if not more so than Rhett. Gus actually coaches the QBs more than Rhett & when Rhett does, it's to Gus's specific orders.

The QB coach sitch ain't changing as long as Gus is the HC, no matter who the "QB coach" may be listed as.

That's disappointing to hear. I'd guess if JF3 isn't ready, we're probably not going to have this discussion again after next year.

Sure wish we had addressed the QB coach situation that continues to fester. It will be used against us. These guys just want to get to Sunday's and will be looking for someone to hone their talents. After the past 2 years of total failure by this staff position we are behind the eight ball. With the recruiting talent surrounding us it will be extreamly tough to hang on to him.

Just FTR that's as much on Gus if not more so than Rhett. Gus actually coaches the QBs more than Rhett & when Rhett does, it's to Gus's specific orders.

The QB coach sitch ain't changing as long as Gus is the HC, no matter who the "QB coach" may be listed as.

That's disappointing to hear. I'd guess if JF3 isn't ready, we're probably not going to have this discussion again after next year.

I don't know or think JF3 is the only quality solution. Sean could be a quality solution if he stays healthy, & it is possible JJ could bounce back after a rough season.

Gatewood is one big kid considering he is just going into his Junior year. I hope he sticks with us. I think he is the real deal.

not to mention Tyler Queen

He's on a limited pass count right now. I would be a bit surprised if he wins it.

Gatewood is one big kid considering he is just going into his Junior year. I hope he sticks with us. I think he is the real deal.

If you follow him on Twitter you can tell that he is 150% AU. If Gus can figure out a way to bring success back to the plains, then we should be fine with him.

He's on a limited pass count right now. I would be a bit surprised if he wins it.

Also, he has lost so much practice, no way is CGM gonig to throw him into the QB competition for this fall. Its JJ, WHite and/or JFIII IMO.

Queen is just not ready...

Also, he has lost so much practice, no way is CGM gonig to throw him into the QB competition for this fall. Its JJ, WHite and/or JFIII IMO.

Queen looked very ready last spring practice. Limited pass count right now and full go by summer workouts. He has a shot, particularly if some of the other contenders disappoint. Queen can play the position.

Queen looked very ready last spring practice. Limited pass count right now and full go by summer workouts. He has a shot, particularly if some of the other contenders disappoint. Queen can play the position.

I feel like we know so little about him. I'm excited to watch him in the spring game. I'm assuming he is cleared to play?

I feel like we know so little about him. I'm excited to watch him in the spring game. I'm assuming he is cleared to play?

I don't believe Gus has said yet. All he has said is Q is on a throw count right now. Edited by ellitor

Me too. Imo we don't know if he can play or not

Queen looked very ready last spring practice.

That means so very, very little.

It means more than him looking horrible.

Queen looked very ready last spring practice.

That means so very, very little.

It means more than him looking horrible.

JJ looked very good last spring as well. So yeah... We don't know anything yet.

Free laid back interview w/ Joey while he is throwing w/ his boys.

https://katch.me/Kei...38-2e50a6f4211f

Very interesting interview. He is going into his Junior year and he is 6'4" and 220 pounds. He thinks he will end up 6'6". He will be Cam size. Gotta have this guy.