Null



aubiefifty

2017 QB thread (Merged)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

If Stidham even comes close to living up to expectations then SW/Barrett will only see the field against patsies and Franklin is a man without a position. He is not going to take the place of a WR - we are loaded with talent for once. Also Kam (2) is perfect for the Omac role. 

If he could secure the ball, maybe put him on the punt or kickoff team, but if he is wanting to avoid contact he probably doesn't want that position. You have to be fearless. 

As was said in another thread, he may have been avoiding contact because that's what the coaches told him to do (considering that he was the backup QB).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well my point is people are exaggerating a bit. That one fumble he had I think it was just as much as Cox's fault as well. Well not just as much but I can see what happened. And sw first year he fumbled a good bit, (didn't lose them) maybe once Franklin get used to having the ball and settle in he could get better as well.

It's a shame the way some of you beat Franklin up though, he fumbles all the time without all the fumbles, he can't throw the ball without the attempts.....either you're supposed to be pro qb or you're not.....

 

With all that being said if he wanted to play qb he should've went to another school, no way he's starting ahead of the new guy

best post of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I might have used Mr. Johnson?

 

Did you know what we had in Mr. Newton preseason?

The day they signed Cam, I checked him on youtube. Saw him truck a Tennessee guy. Gave me the warm-and-fuzzies. So yes. Nice thread ^ by the way, having learned to be very reserved on pre-season qb anticipation. Heart says we win all 15. Gut says wait and see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

The day they signed Cam, I checked him on youtube. Saw him truck a Tennessee guy. Gave me the warm-and-fuzzies. So yes. Nice thread ^ by the way, having learned to be very reserved on pre-season qb anticipation. Heart says we win all 15. Gut says wait and see.

My favorite was later,

vs Mr. Peterson (LSU game)

Guess I was slow, but I certainly got there

Edited by AUinTLoosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bryanlooney said:

I know I'm not alone in this. I've seen it mentioned many times before. Honestly, not trying to start beef, but it seems like common courtesy in a forum to create a threat title that gives a hint on the forthcoming subject.

Anyway - AUinTLoosa is right - the hype for Johnson (post-Marshall) was out of control. Way beyond anything we heard about Mr. Newton, in my opinion.

Definitely not alone. It's one of my biggest pet peeves on this board. People act like a couple extra keystrokes and descriptive words require too much effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

What does brain say?;D

HAHAHA (10x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

JS is going to be a good one for the good guys......................imo already making some great impressions with the team and staff

Do tell! :big:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If Stidham even comes close to living up to expectations then SW/Barrett will only see the field against patsies and Franklin is a man without a position. He is not going to take the place of a WR - we are loaded with talent for once. Also Kam (2) is perfect for the Omac role. 

If he could secure the ball, maybe put him on the punt or kickoff team, but if he is wanting to avoid contact he probably doesn't want that position. You have to be fearless. 

Fastest guy on the team,  I am sure chip Lindsey is smart enough to know some one with world class speed should see the field,  even as a decoy. 

 

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I get what you're saying Cole, but people aren't saying he fumbles all the time, they are saying he's a fumble waiting to happen because he palms the ball and holds it away from his body.  That was a red flag raised from his Juco film before he even took a snap at Auburn... and he kept doing it here.

Lucky he can change that part of his game, no? 

 

Edited by DAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The heisman talk for Jeremy was after he had played a year at Auburn. If I remember right, AU wanted Retig and Hackenburg more and some thought we would mess up with JJ. Some people felt we had settled with him. 

I have never been so excited to watch a player that has never taken a snap at AU. Although the pessimist in me is cautiously optimistic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He is extremely hyped up, which is the reason we need to stop doing it.  We don't need to hype this kid up and put so many expectations on him that he #1 can never attain them, or #2 comes in way to cocky and throws 4-5 interceptions in his first game.  We need to remember this guy is still pretty much a kid.  I noticed how everyone went crazy when his name was announced in the basketball arena on Saturday.  I just hoped he knows to take it with a true grain of salt so he can perform to the best of his ability.

We don't need to stop hyping players, they need to start performing to expectations.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't hype any players or get excited for them as freshman.  The one player that I anticipated and could not wait to see on the field was Shon Coleman.  One of my proudest Auburn moments was seeing him get on the field.  #AUTLIVE

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gman87 said:

We don't need to stop hyping players, they need to start performing to expectations.

These are kids though.  You need to remember that some of these guys are 17 years old.  They don't have the maturity or mental toughness that comes with age.  I am not saying we need to baby them, but to remember how old they actually are.  Most of these guys are just now learning how to do their own laundry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DAG said:

Lucky he can change that part of his game, no? 

Yes... just hope he does if he takes on a new roll. It won't be easy... tendencies are hard to break in the heat of the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

These are kids though.  You need to remember that some of these guys are 17 years old.  They don't have the maturity or mental toughness that comes with age.  I am not saying we need to baby them, but to remember how old they actually are.  Most of these guys are just now learning how to do their own laundry.

What-er-u talkin' about!?

At 17 I knew EVERYTHING!!

;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

The heisman talk for Jeremy was after he had played a year at Auburn. If I remember right, AU wanted Retig and Hackenburg more and some thought we would mess up with JJ. Some people felt we had settled with him. 

I have never been so excited to watch a player that has never taken a snap at AU. Although the pessimist in me is cautiously optimistic. 

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now