March Madness

AU64

as a Dukie bandwagon fan. that really sucked. This is just as bad as those losses to mercer and lehigh recently. South Carolina is a really really bad offensively lack of talent basketball team who shot 7 for 34 in the first half. South carolina Maybe has 1 pro on that team while duke has at least 5. South carolina had only scored 50 points in a half all year (auburn lol I know how suprising.) and they have had 2 fifty point halves in a row in the ncaa tourney. Duke giving up 65 in a half to this south carolina team is the worst coach K defensive performance I have ever seen.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't stay up to watch it because, well, i HATE duke.  Was thrilled to see the results this morning even if an sec team was the one that knocked them out.   Lesser of two evils in my book.   Really wish Wichita State had hung on at the end to beat kentucky.   Hopefully, Butler, Baylor, WIsconsin and UCLA all win next friday.

After those upsets this weekend , I wonder how many brackets are still 100% viable . Maybe none? 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

as a Dukie bandwagon fan. that really sucked. This is just as bad as those losses to mercer and lehigh recently. South Carolina is a really really bad offensively laco of talent basketball team who shot 7 for 34 in the first half. South carolina Maybe has 1 pro on that team while duke has at least 5. South carolina had only scored 50 points in a half all year (auburn lol I know how suprising.) and they have had 2 fifty point halves in a row in the ncaa tourney. Duke giving up 65 in a half to this south carolina team is the worst coach K defensive performance I have ever seen.

Imo, seemed like South Carolina was just a lot more intense. I had USCe and Arky beating both North Carolina teams because I thought they'd be too much too handle for both of them. And I'm a Duke bandwagon as a couple of my high school teammates and I would travel to Durham for Coach K's clinics, so I've always had a bunch of respect for him and his teams.

with the way sin has been playing, in addition to USC's defense, once they get hot shooting wise it'll be a hard task to take them down. Same went for Arky although I thought that was a much more far our pick than USC. 

None the less, it's nice to see Coach Martin and that team doing as well as they are. It bodes well for our progress, hopefully. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

After those upsets this weekend , I wonder how many brackets are still 100% viable . Maybe none? 

Only 18 out of espn's 18 million correctly predicted the Sweet 16. Not sure if any are still 100%

My 7 year old daughter picked Arkansas to upset UNC and they darn near pulled it off.  She doesn't know much basketball, and mainly just picked whatever team logo she liked.  This one in particular meant more to me since she used a little logic to make the pick.  I hate it they got hosed at the end.  She said they looked good against Auburn, so they will win. She did fairly well in her bracket thus far.

49 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My 7 year old daughter picked Arkansas to upset UNC and they darn near pulled it off.  She doesn't know much basketball, and mainly just picked whatever team logo she liked.  This one in particular meant more to me since she used a little logic to make the pick.  I hate it they got hosed at the end.  She said they looked good against Auburn, so they will win. She did fairly well in her bracket thus far.

Honestly, this is probably the best strategy when filling out brackets lol

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Honestly, this is probably the best strategy when filling out brackets lol

This was my strategy as a kid when picking games. Lol

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

This was my strategy as a kid when picking games. Lol

Not a bad method! There are others like: which team's colors you fancy, or which team's mascots would win in a real fight which have proven over time to be equally as accurate. 

In terms of march madness I'm really hoping that one of the SEC teams, Xavier, or Michigan win it all. I don't care for NC, Arizona, Purdue, Butler, Gonzaga, and UCLA.

Man we almost put 4 in the 16! ...SEC is down my @$$. Our conference sucks is all I've heard... I'm not a huge SEC guy in football but I'm pulling for our conference in BB.  Ark playing UNC even close showed me our conference is tough.  

6 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Also didn't we play  Xavier & Purdue  ?

we played purdue this year. Believe we played xavier at their place last year.

27 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

In terms of march madness I'm really hoping that one of the SEC teams, Xavier, or Michigan win it all. I don't care for NC, Arizona, Purdue, Butler, Gonzaga, and UCLA.

lol so basically you do not care for about half of the traditional powers in college basketball?

2 hours ago, Charhair said:

Imo, seemed like South Carolina was just a lot more intense. I had USCe and Arky beating both North Carolina teams because I thought they'd be too much too handle for both of them. And I'm a Duke bandwagon as a couple of my high school teammates and I would travel to Durham for Coach K's clinics, so I've always had a bunch of respect for him and his teams.

with the way sin has been playing, in addition to USC's defense, once they get hot shooting wise it'll be a hard task to take them down. Same went for Arky although I thought that was a much more far our pick than USC. 

None the less, it's nice to see Coach Martin and that team doing as well as they are. It bodes well for our progress, hopefully. 

another dukie?! AWESOME! Being a duke bandwagon fan since 99 really helps ease the pain of basketball season that AU usually gives us. Also its nice to finally feel how great it is and what its like to be a blue blood. Who is your favorite dukie ever? Mine is Scheyer. I really don't know why. Usually other duke fans in my age range favorite player is Redick but he is 4th on my list on top 10 favorite dukies of all time. I became a Duke fan because of William Avery in 99 when I was 10. Was a 1 and done at duke before it became the trendy thing to do years later when the rule change was put in place.

I used to be a Duke fan (as a kid in junior high and high school) but sort of stopped paying much attention to them. Then watched last night because it was a good game. I started pulling for USCe, and that #5 for Duke pretty much got be full on disliking Duke. I know they have to dude who kept tripping people (Grayson Allen) at the beginning of the year, but this dude was just getting on my nerves. I'm not even going to look up his name but he needed to just play the game. His antics were a distraction to his team for sure.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

another dukie?! AWESOME! Being a duke bandwagon fan since 99 really helps ease the pain of basketball season that AU usually gives us. Also its nice to finally feel how great it is and what its like to be a blue blood. Who is your favorite dukie ever? Mine is Scheyer. I really don't know why. Usually other duke fans in my age range favorite player is Redick but he is 4th on my list on top 10 favorite dukies of all time. I became a Duke fan because of William Avery in 99 when I was 10. Was a 1 and done at duke before it became the trendy thing to do years later when the rule change was put in place.

Jason Williams is my #1. Redick being top 5 but sometimes I liked Sheldon Willaims more from that era. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol so basically you do not care for about half of the traditional powers in college basketball?

Some of those idk why I don't like them but I find myself heavily rooting against them. UCLA is mainly just this year Bc of the whole ball saga but I also hate ed o bannon, the killer of all the college sports video games. I will never root for zaga Bc of the Morrison stache, and NC I just don't like Roy Williams. The others I just find myself always rooting against. Pretty petty reasons on my part lol but just my way when it comes to basketball. I've actually always really liked duke and I actually like Kansas too, but I do hate seeing the certain teams late in the tournament year after year

51 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Some of those idk why I don't like them but I find myself heavily rooting against them. UCLA is mainly just this year Bc of the whole ball saga but I also hate ed o bannon, the killer of all the college sports video games. I will never root for zaga Bc of the Morrison stache, and NC I just don't like Roy Williams. The others I just find myself always rooting against. Pretty petty reasons on my part lol but just my way when it comes to basketball. I've actually always really liked duke and I actually like Kansas too, but I do hate seeing the certain teams late in the tournament year after year

I can relate! See I am that way about almost all of the traditional powers for college football because I AM SO PETTY because the blue bloods are the only ones ahead of AU in terms of pecking order of greatest college fball programs of all time. In my not so unbiased opinion Auburn is the best non blue blood program in college football history. We are the first program ranked imo after the blue bloods. I see where your coming from! I am way more relaxed about it in college basketball since AU has very little history in basketball so I appreciate and enjoy the traditional powers more since obviously they are not our competition in any shape or form! haha.

1 hour ago, Charhair said:

Jason Williams is my #1. Redick being top 5 but sometimes I liked Sheldon Willaims more from that era. 

man I loved J will the player but I cannot stand J will the analyst I always find myself going WHY IS HE SO ANTI DUKE?! haha. The LandLord!!! YES! That is what this era of duke teams is sorely missing. amile jefferson was gritty and played with a lot of heart but he was no defensive enforcer like the landlord.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I used to be a Duke fan (as a kid in junior high and high school) but sort of stopped paying much attention to them. Then watched last night because it was a good game. I started pulling for USCe, and that #5 for Duke pretty much got be full on disliking Duke. I know they have to dude who kept tripping people (Grayson Allen) at the beginning of the year, but this dude was just getting on my nerves. I'm not even going to look up his name but he needed to just play the game. His antics were a distraction to his team for sure.

:[ Luke Kennard is easily one of my favorite new age dukies! this hurts my heart. Averaged 20 ppg in the regular season and probaly will be a nba first rd pick if he comes out. Had a very rough ncaa tourney. he got bullied by south carolina and they very much exposed his weaknesses.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

man I loved J will the player but I cannot stand J will the analyst I always find myself going WHY IS HE SO ANTI DUKE?! haha. The LandLord!!! YES! That is what this era of duke teams is sorely missing. amile jefferson was gritty and played with a lot of heart but he was no defensive enforcer like the landlord.

Now Vitale's most used line in NCAA 09 is stuck in my head again. "He said  get that ball outta my lane baby! I'm the landlord!"

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I ran into him one time when I was in Durham and got to talk to him. Super inspirational dude. But I agree, I don't care for him as an analyst too much. He's no Chuck (who I honestly think is one of the best analyst in terms of his picks/things he sees when watching a game). 

Jay was an amazing player though. Wish he hadn't gotten hurt

Bruce-  have the guys do some film study on how all these teams play team defense and the concept of team defense and an average/above average offense excels this time of year.  They have the ability, now they need to commit to be great defensively this off season

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

:[ Luke Kennard is easily one of my favorite new age dukies! this hurts my heart. Averaged 20 ppg in the regular season and probaly will be a nba first rd pick if he comes out. Had a very rough ncaa tourney. he got bullied by south carolina and they very much exposed his weaknesses.

Sorry. I'm not saying he is a bad player, I just didn't care for his attitude on the floor. He was likly frustrated by his lack of production though if he typically gets 20 a game. I can understand that getting to a guy. I've always been a big Coach K fan and have admired how his teams play. It's probably just the bad press they have gotten this year with the Allen stuff that soured me on them. I'd certainly take them over UNC any day.

Archived