March Madness

AU64

My goodness what a buzzer beater by Florida. To get that close to the goal in 4 seconds was impressive in itself. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS florida and south carolina in a regional final?! that game will be in the 40's potentially. A lot of bad offensive basketball will be played on sunday.

What a hoot! Gators and Cocks make the Elite Eight! UF tried their darnedest to give that game to the Badgers. Pulled it outta their ..... Just look at those shredded brackets. Too bad they have to play each other, but we know that one of them will make the Final Four.

As for UK, they beat UNC early in the season, but I'm not convinced they can do it again. Still, how good it would be to have two SEC teams in the Final Four. That's not exactly common.

34 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Sooo proud of our conference. Let's continue to shut up the haters

SCREW EVERYONE ELSE IN THE SEC besides AU. 2010 forever made me not want to cheer for any other sec team in any sport ever again besides our own. They are our competition so I hope they all fail.

I really hate that the SEC has 3 teams still playing. I also hate that North Carolina is still playing.  Horrible final 8.  South Carolina vs. Florida. ugh. Any way they can BOTH lose?  Same with Kentucky vs. North Carolina.  I want both of them to lose.  Doubt I watch either of those two games just because of who's playing.  Awful that the SEC could have 2 in the final 4, absolutely HORRIBLE.  

I don't know WT....I live in ACC country and they are pretty quiet right now...which is unusual for this time of the year so it's not all bad. 

10 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I really hate that the SEC has 3 teams still playing. I also hate that North Carolina is still playing.  Horrible final 8.  South Carolina vs. Florida. ugh. Any way they can BOTH lose?  Same with Kentucky vs. North Carolina.  I want both of them to lose.  Doubt I watch either of those two games just because of who's playing.  Awful that the SEC could have 2 in the final 4, absolutely HORRIBLE.  

well I love it as long as its not the turds but I understand why you don't

Kansas getting their butts kicked...turning the ball over again and again.  Half a game to play but they look lethargic and making so many careless mistakes. 

Meanwhile, how did Oregon get so good?....second year in Elite 8? 

This is why you should always pick against Kansas in the tournament. Bill Self is a tremendous coach and I would trade for him in a second. But he really struggles in the postseason. He's the Bobby Cox of College Basketball.

35 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is why you should always pick against Kansas in the tournament. Bill Self is a tremendous coach and I would trade for him in a second. But he really struggles in the postseason. He's the Bobby Cox of College Basketball.

That is the absolute perfect analogy. Both with 1 title. Both have/had long streaks of winning their division/ conference each year. 

At least one SEC team gets to the Final Four this year, possibly two, although I'm not convinced UK can beat UNC at this point. But how weird it would be to have two SEC teams playing each other for the championship. Because the SEC is the absolute worst basketball conference, right?

Well, I'm not holding my breath.

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

well I love it as long as its not the turds but I understand why you don't

It only hurts because our coach, while possibly the best we can do, is no where close to Martin at SC or White at UF in terms of being a good fundamental coach and is a very poor man's Calapari in terms of recruiting and PR in his best day.

wde

57 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

It only hurts because our coach, while possibly the best we can do, is no where close to Martin at SC or White at UF in terms of being a good fundamental coach and is a very poor man's Calapari in terms of recruiting and PR in his best day.

wde

well ok

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

put bruce pearl at kentucky he would be getting the same talent at kentucky as cal maybe even better. Having a 5 star in what would of been 3 straight classes before wiley reclassified and assuming EJ Montgomery sticks which I am sure he will is absolutely a modern day miracle with our program. Getting 5 stars to Au Bball is the equivalent to kentucky getting 5 stars in football. I doubt anyone would of called Mike White a fundamentally strong coach before this run. Frank Martin teams play great defense but they are always offensively challenged. There is a reason they lost to freaking bama twice and lost 8 of 12 entering the tourney. This came out of nowhere. They also have not faced a elite scoring team to really push them besides Duke. I think gonzaga smokes them.

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

well ok

Time will tell. That is the AU way. Again, Bruce Pearl is the probably the best basketball coach we could have hired.  We were lucky that Bruce was desperate for a coaching job after getting caught cheating his ass off.  Heck, Cliff Ellis never met an NCAA rule that he was not willing to break, but was smarter about it than Bruce was at UT.  

Just saying. I thought that this season we have at least made it to the NIT.

wde

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

put bruce pearl at kentucky he would be getting the same talent at kentucky as cal maybe even better. Having a 3 star in what would of been 3 straight classes before wiley reclassified and assuming EJ Montgomery sticks which I am sure he will is absolutely a modern day miracle with our program. Getting 5 stars to Au Bball is the equivalent to kentucky getting 5 stars in football. I doubt anyone would of called Mike White a fundamentally strong coach before this run. Frank Martin teams play great defense but they are always offensively challenged. There is a reason they lost to freaking bama twice and lost 8 of 12 entering the tourney. This came out of nowhere. They also have not faced a elite scoring team to really push them besides Duke. I think gonzaga smokes them.

LOL and BS.  You hope Gonzaga smokes them.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Time will tell. That is the AU way. Again, Bruce Pearl is the probably the best basketball coach we could have hired.  We were lucky that Bruce was desperate for a coaching job after getting caught cheating his ass off.  Heck, Cliff Ellis never met an NCAA rule that he was not willing to break, but was smarter about it than Bruce was at UT.  

Just saying. I thought that this season we have at least made it to the NIT.

wde

Have no problem with what you said should have made NIT but my post was saying I'm pulling for the SEC teams left in the tourney.

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

LOL and BS.  You hope Gonzaga smokes them.

wde

No I really think they do. If I did not think they would smoke them and just wanted them too I would of said that.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Have no problem with what you said should have made NIT but my post was saying I'm pulling for the SEC teams left in the tourney.

i am pulling for the SEC teams left in the tourney as well.  

wde

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I can not stand NC. Dangit, was really hoping UK could pull it out

Luke #(($*$*#*(@()@)@)@)@ Maye?!?!?! are you kidding me?!?!? that is who won them the game? My dislike for that kid grows as a dukie!!!!!!!! lol Looks like its just their year.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Luke #(($*$*#*(@()@)@)@)@ Maye?!?!?! are you kidding me?!?!? that is who won them the game? My dislike for that kid grows as a dukie!!!!!!!! lol Looks like its just their year.

I just look at players/how they act sometimes and it causes my dislike for their teams for years. He is one of those guys forsure. I literally will not watch if it's gonzaga vs NC for the title. Rooting hard for SC and Oregon now

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I just look at players/how they act sometimes and it causes my dislike for their teams for years. He is one of those guys forsure

He is a 3 star kid!!! lol he had a career high 17 points today. when guys like him are going off in games like this you can just read the tea leaves and know when its a teams year. they should of lost to arky and now kentucky!! I am beside myself in rage. Kentucky had them on the ropes same as arky and choked. Hahahaha at least I can take solace someone else in here does not like unc either. WOOOO!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a 3 star kid!!! lol he had a career high 17 points today. when guys like him are going off in games like this you can just read the tea leaves and know when its a teams year. they should of lost to arky and now kentucky!! I am beside myself in rage. Kentucky had them on the ropes same as arky and choked. Hahahaha at least I can take solace someone else in here does not like unc either. WOOOO!!!

Yep when a guy is terrible FT shooter, worse than anybody on our team I think, and hits clutch free throws.... it just makes you throw your hands up

Archived