Builder

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Will we?

Shoot!

Return to original topic?

1.) Not prescient to know, 2.) Not smart enough to predict, but 3.) fan enough to hope.

I, for one, was digressing for a reason.

Well, if we do beat Clemson this season, we have a little bit of history on our side...the last time Auburn beat the defending national champs on their own field was the legendary Camback against bammer in 2010. Would LOVE to have the same outcome for both the game and the season!

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge the only place in the SEC more depressing than Tuscaloosa.

Also, I am going to flip flop.  After StatTigers last two threads I am going to switch the Clemson game to a win.

IF our defense plays as well as it did last year.  Then yes.

And, because we won't be running three different quarterbacks out there.

Tonight at a Tiger Prowler event in SC, Dabo advised he was not worried about " an Auburn team breaking HIS record" of consecutive wins. 

1 hour ago, Builder said:

Tonight at a Tiger Prowler event in SC, Dabo advised he was not worried about " an Auburn team breaking HIS record" of consecutive wins. 

So he plans to lose the season opener, then?

5 hours ago, Builder said:

I try to like Dabo but then he opens his mouth. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I try to like Dabo but then he opens his mouth. 

It will just get worse when he replaces saban when he finally retires.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

By that point, Chip Lindsay will be our head coach. Hot take lol! 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

By that point, Chip Lindsay will be our head coach. Hot take lol! 

I see your Chip Lindsay and raise you RHETT LASHLEE! lol

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think that's as much of a given as people think. Clemson isn't some low-budget group of five program, they have a sizable athletic budget and they'll be more than ready to pony up what it takes it keep him.

Regardless, the very moment they experience a 2010-like season (for them, which means 3 losses) they're going to flip out, which will really bring them back down.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I don't think that's as much of a given as people think. Clemson isn't some low-budget group of five program, they have a sizable athletic budget and they'll be more than ready to pony up what it takes it keep him.

Regardless, the very moment they experience a 2010-like season (for them, which means 3 losses) they're going to flip out, which will really bring them back down.

the bama in him is way too strong. He would walk through hot lava to be head coach at bama.

I, too, think Dabo is the next Bama coach unless Clemson gives him a statue while he's still coaching there. Bama is his dream job, but if he's smart he'll wait to go to Bama after the guy they hire after Saban inevitably fails to keep the machine running at the current rate and is fired.

Once again, I think Clemson will be the 2nd best team we play all year. Their defensive line may be the best in college football next year (even better than ours). And it is on their field. They have top notch asst coaches and more talent at every position than most of the other teams in the SEC. I am thankful that we have a game against a decent lower tier team to open with and hopefully we will have an OL that knows assignments by week 2.

Winning on the road against the defending champs in a nationally televised game (it will probably be at night) is exactly what we need to take the next step with this program. Honestly if we win this game we can probably win any game on our schedule. The sky will be the limit. 

27 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Winning on the road against the defending champs in a nationally televised game (it will probably be at night) is exactly what we need to take the next step with this program. 

Man, it's been a minute, huh? I hadn't really thought about what an opportunity it will be. Great point. 

21 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Once again, I think Clemson will be the 2nd best team we play all year. Their defensive line may be the best in college football next year (even better than ours). And it is on their field. They have top notch asst coaches and more talent at every position than most of the other teams in the SEC. I am thankful that we have a game against a decent lower tier team to open with and hopefully we will have an OL that knows assignments by week 2.

Winning on the road against the defending champs in a nationally televised game (it will probably be at night) is exactly what we need to take the next step with this program. Honestly if we win this game we can probably win any game on our schedule. The sky will be the limit. 

Knocking off the defending champs in their house on prime time TV will do more than we could imagine for the confidence and motivation of our entire program.  The whole college football nation would stand up and take notice of the Auburn Tigers.  Auburn could be a dangerous force for the rest of the season with a Win at Clemson.

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

Knocking off the defending champs in their house on prime time TV will do more than we could imagine for the confidence and motivation of our entire program.  The whole college football nation would stand up and take notice of the Auburn Tigers.  Auburn could be a dangerous force for the rest of the season with a Win at Clemson.

Just think. We had that opportunity last season and blew it. 

This game at Clemson is probably one of the most important ones we'll play all season, it's at their place, and winning it means we show the nation that Auburn is making a run at a championship in 2017. Our schedule is favorable to do so as well. 

On 5/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, ClaytonAU said:

I try to like Dabo

Why?  No comprende...

He is the epitome of a gump/updyke/bammerneck.

Archived