Did Susan Rice Lie About Syrian Chemical Weapons?

Proud Tiger

Some believe Rice outright lied about the Syrian chemical weapons, others give her a pass (mostly Dems). The Washington Post gives her four Pinocchios, their worst possible rating.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/10/rice-claim-on-syria-chemical-weapons-gets-four-pinocchios.html

• 2 weeks later...

If Susan Rice opened her mouth a lie came out. She was hired to be the Obama administration's Designated Liar and she performed her job flawlessly.

I think this is the key line:

The Washington Post noted, “the Obama administration had a tendency to oversell what was accomplished, perhaps because Obama received so much criticism for not following through on an attack if Syria crossed what Obama had called ‘a red line.’”

If you don't want to be cornered on certain actions, then you don't make public statements that if they do X, you're going to do Y.  Syria is a big mess with no good options out there really.  But Obama completely bungled his handling of the situation with that "red line" comment, then doing nothing when they crossed it.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

If Susan Rice opened her mouth a lie came out. She was hired to be the Obama administration's Designated Liar and she performed her job flawlessly.

Yep....send that innocent baby faced woman out to the talk shows and she would say anything that her bosses wanted her to say....that seemed to be her primary asset.....bet she is cool enough to pass about any lie detector test currently known. 

You folks are a hoot.

I'd say it's far more likely the Russians were either scammed by the Syrians or simply turned their backs.  How would Rice know if they retained that's the case?

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

A position the Trump administration obviously has no need for. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You folks are a hoot.

I'd say it's far more likely the Russians were either scammed by the Syrians or simply turned their backs.  How would Rice know if they retained that's the case?

If you don't know...don't get out there and say it....JMO   and for Ms Rice, she has a history of saying whatever her bosses want her to say.....just wind her up and send her to the talk shows.   She has a long history....

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If you don't know...don't get out there and say it....JMO   and for Ms Rice, she has a history of saying whatever her bosses want her to say.....just wind her up and send her to the talk shows.   She has a long history....

Irony.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Irony.

You mean because I'm offering a personal opinion whereas she is speaking as an official representative of the US government.   When she made that statement, she disputed people who had said otherwise.  

The irony to me is that someone on this site is apparently bothered by my opinion.... but not so bothered by someone who not once, but repeatedly, lied to the US people on behalf of her bosses in the White House.   

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You mean because I'm offering a personal opinion whereas she is speaking as an official representative of the US government.   When she made that statement, she disputed people who had said otherwise.  

The irony to me is that someone on this site is apparently bothered by my opinion.... but not so bothered by someone who not once, but repeatedly, lied to the US people on behalf of her bosses in the White House.   

Go back and read your own post.

My point was perfectly clear.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You folks are a hoot.

By January of this year when we had already seen other chemical weapons attacks she repeated the statement that they got all the chemical weapons.  Before that I could buy that she was stating what she believed and not lying just she was wrong. The Intelligence community has been known to be wrong. But after seeing the Syrians use chemical weapons and repeating the mantra I have to believe she was lying or unbelievably stupid and uninformed.

Archived