2018 4* RB Dameon Pierce

ellitor

If we could sign Pierce, Cook or Joiner, that would sure help us in getting a top 10 class for 2018.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we could sign Pierce, Cook or Joiner, that would sure help us in getting a top 10 class for 2018.

Maybe but Fields would help a lot more as he would have a bigger domino effect.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No cookout for Pierce?

Haven't heard 1 way or the other.

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:

No cookout for Pierce?

Just heard on local radio from beat writer for FL say DP will be in FL for their cookout.  However I do think their bbq is set for tomorrow not Saturday, so who knows.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I haven't heard much about DP lately. Anyone have any up to the minute info on where we stand with him?

Nothing new. Still likely an AU/UF battle with a commitment looking to be a very long ways off.

Auburn 'like home away from home' for 4-star RB

AUBURN | Bainbridge (Ga.) running back Dameon Pierce’s comfort level at Auburn continues to grow.

The four-star recruit visited Auburn on Saturday, which was his second trip to the Plains this summer, and already plans to return twice more before making a commitment.

“I had a great experience (Saturday),” Pierce said. “I really enjoyed myself. I had a chance to play some games and stuff. It was just had a fun experience overall. I love it at Auburn. I feel very comfortable at Auburn. It feels like I’ve been coming here for years, but I’ve only visited twice.”

Pierce was one of approximately 20 recruits in Auburn for the Tigers’ annual cookout. He was joined by his stepfather and mother, Shameeka Rodgers, who on Saturday made her first college visit beyond the Georgia border.

“My mom loved it," Pierce said. "And to see how good of a time she had, it really impacts me a lot. To see my mom have fun outside the state of Georgia made it a great day overall.”

Pierce spent time with Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton. The two have developed a strong bond, one they were able to build upon Saturday.

“Coach Horton, that’s my main guy right there,” Pierce said. “He’s a great coach, and I love to be around him.”

Pierce plans to return to Auburn for a game in the fall, most likely the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25, and again after the season for an official visit.

Auburn, Georgia, Florida and LSU make up Pierce’s top group of schools. He said each school would receive an official visit after the season.

“I’ll definitely be back to Auburn,” Pierce said. “They have great coaches, and it feels like a home away from home. Anybody would be glad to be at Auburn. I also want to visit LSU and get back up to Georgia, too.”

As for a commitment, the former Alabama pledge plans to take his time.

“I’m not in a hurry,” Pierce said. “I will commit sometime after the season, whenever it feels right.”

Pierce has the option to graduate high school in December and enroll in college in January.

“But it depends on when I make my (college) decision,” Pierce said. “If I make my decision before the second semester of school, of course I will be an early enrollee.”

Pierce rushed for more than 250 yards in three games last season, including two where he rushed for 300-plus. He finished his junior season with 243 carries for 1,686 yards (6.9 avg.) and 20 touchdowns.

Rivals ranks Pierce, who stands 5-foot-11 and weighs 210 pounds, the No. 14 running back in the 2018 class.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I am more optimistic now than I have been. Getting Pierce would certainly ease the sting of losing Teague.  

Well the longer Pierce waits the higher the chance AU & Florida moves on. As of now he's planning to wait til after the season to commit.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well the longer Pierce waits the higher the chance AU & Florida moves on. As of now he's planning to wait til after the season to commit.

Who would we move on to?

5 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Who would we move on to?

Not sure yet. Even though the staff likes him I get the impression the staff may not see his talent as one to just sit & wait on. Same with Florida.

Even if we do land Dameon Pierce (and I hope we do), who might be our 2nd RB signee for 2018? Asa Martin, Harold Joiner or James Cook?

10 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Even if we do land Dameon Pierce (and I hope we do), who might be our 2nd RB signee for 2018? Asa Martin, Harold Joiner or James Cook?

Maybe Shivers?

Nice to see a couple CB's for the good guys.  I think this dude could do some damage for us.  And it would be especially nice on Thanksgiving weekends in the future.

Not sure who Florida's last 4-5 backs have been, but like who Horton has coached and who helped get to the next level.  Hope Pierce sees that clearly.

Auburn "will run the ball til they like it!"  Referring to the opposing team being manhandled. I think Tre Mason said that before SEC CG.  Or similar.

I love DP's punishing style.  He and Worm could be a crazy combo and matchup nightmare.  Add in a downfield passing attack - oh my word!!  

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not sure who Florida's last 4-5 backs have been, but like who Horton has coached and who helped get to the next level.  Hope Pierce sees that clearly.

Auburn "will run the ball til they like it!"  Referring to the opposing team being manhandled. I think Tre Mason said that before SEC CG.  Or similar.

I love DP's punishing style.  He and Worm could be a crazy combo and matchup nightmare.  Add in a downfield passing attack - oh my word!!  

Agree! That would be a nice combination with JF as our QB! 

Sorry if it's already been discussed but if Pierce commits do we still take Asa? You'd have to think he'd probably head to bama if that happens. Would love to get them both though. 

1 hour ago, AU_256 said:

Sorry if it's already been discussed but if Pierce commits do we still take Asa? You'd have to think he'd probably head to bama if that happens. Would love to get them both though. 

Looks like Asa will commit before Pierce so likely won't matter but as 23 has said AU likely only takes 1.

3 hours ago, AU_256 said:

Asa is going to bama if bama has room. 

Archived