Baseball vs uat - Game 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, au302 said:

This is a repeat of two years ago. So sick of getting beat by terrible Bama teams

reminds me of losing to bad georgia teams in football. They just have our number.

Sac fly ties it up. Good to see them not waste the runner at third with less than 2 out. 

AU picked off twice in the same at bad, uat just happened to goof up on the first one. 

Weird play- second out of the T5, ball goes foul off the bat but then knuckles, spins, and girates it's way back inside fair territory. Mize picks it up and throws to 1st for the out.

Leadoff double followed by terrible bunt execution (again) gives up an out without advancing the runner

Decker doubles to start- only to third base now with 2 outs....... Conor Davis trying to get him in. Todd had a base hit that should've scored Decker but Sis didn't send him for some unknown reason. Tigers determined to squander huge scoring opportunities today with a poorly executed bunt and a strikeout this inning. 

Davis grounds weakly to the pitcher. This is getting absurd. Third easy scoring opportunity squandered this game. No clue why Sisson decided to hold decker there, Bo would've scored easily. Ball had not even been picked up by CF yet.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Decker doubles to start- only to third base now with 2 outs....... Conor Davis trying to get him in. Todd had a base hit that should've scored Decker but Sis didn't send him for some unknown reason. Tigers determined to squander huge scoring opportunities today with a poorly executed bunt and a strikeout this inning. 

We don't seem to have much foot speed on this team....a couple guys are OK but maybe in the future that could be an emphasis....not being able to score from second on a single is common thing with this team.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Davis grounds weakly to the pitcher. This is getting absurd. Third easy scoring opportunity squandered this game. No clue why Sisson decided to hold decker there, Bo would've scored easily. Ball had not even been picked up by CF yet.

My only guess is that he (sisson) was tracking the ball and thought decker held up more than he did thinking the line drive couldve been caught. Though i doubt it. Even with Decker's noted lack of wheels, he was in prime scoring mode.

Bama gets a leadoff double, moves him over, and gets a hit. Runner at third less than two outs and Bama gets it done while we fail to even do it once. 3-2.

I'm headed home- haven't lost hope just getting more frustrated by the second. Need to get away for a bit. 

1 minute ago, wareagle13 said:

My only guess is that he (sisson) was tracking the ball and thought decker held up more than he did thinking the line drive couldve been caught. Though i doubt it. Even with Decker's noted lack of wheels, he was in prime scoring mode.

Sisson is ultra conservative on letting runners turn the corner.    I can't recall when we last had a runner thrown out at home trying to stretch a play.  Rarely steal and play  very conservative base to base style of baseball depending on "clutch" hitting to advance or score runners.  Might say it's hard to argue with success...but it's also possible to be even more successful...JMO

Just now, AU64 said:

Sisson is ultra conservative on letting runners turn the corner.    I can't recall when we last had a runner thrown out at home trying to stretch a play.  Rarely steal and play  very conservative base to base style of baseball depending on "clutch" hitting to advance or score runners.  Might say it's hard to argue with success...but it's also possible to be even more successful...JMO

I think a coach needs to be able to realize a situation. Your clutch hitting has been terrible all day, you've got to take matters into your own hands to produce when your offense can't swing the bats well. Maybe he felt the momentum was turning but it was obvious Decker was going to score pretty easily 

More evidence that big defensive plays lead to big offensive plays. Great job Anthony!

Mize pulled with only 80ish pitches. Mitchell comes in gives up single, passed ball, RBI to give Bama a 4-3 lead with no outs in the 7th. Another passed ball has Bama on third with no outs...

Archived