Fantasy Football?

madkat7

Got word that Nola will not be able to participate in league this year.  We need one more to complete the league.

Join here-->https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/924034/invitation?key=e8403bcabd3b9078&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=1b79156f655566e0

Edited by Coastal Tiger

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

@Coastal Tiger hey commish, I had an issue with my phone and have accidentally joined the league twice. I can't figure out how to leave on my own, do you have a button to get rid of one?

Yes, should be taken care of.  Can you still access your original team?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

How bout them Cowboys 🤠!!

1 hour ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Still needing one more for the AU Family League if anyone is looking.

See link to join--> https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/924034/invitation?key=e8403bcabd3b9078&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=1b79156f655566e0

May need to ask a mod if you can make a thread on the football forum. Not a whole lot of traffic here.

I have considered it but would likely not have time to do the draft at any time it is posted lol. 

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I have considered it but would likely not have time to do the draft at any time it is posted lol. 

You can set your pre-draft rankings to your preferences and the computer will auto draft for you. Join, it’s fun and makes watching NFL games more interesting. 

17 hours ago, aubearcat said:

You can set your pre-draft rankings to your preferences and the computer will auto draft for you. Join, it’s fun and makes watching NFL games more interesting. 

Ok I'm in.  I have never played fantasy so I may need a little help getting started. Mainly how do I set up the predraft ranking like you said.  I assume that's basically my big board and the computer will auto draft the best available on my board? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Ok I'm in.  I have never played fantasy so I may need a little help getting started. Mainly how do I set up the predraft ranking like you said.  I assume that's basically my big board and the computer will auto draft the best available on my board? 

There’s a tab at the top of the dashboard board “Draft”, click on it. It has several options.  Choose the “Pre Draft Rankings”. It’s going to have a list of players. You can click on the right (green tab) arrow which will be your order of preference. If you click on the left (red tab) arrow, that creates a do not draft list for the player you definitely don’t want. Inside the list on the right is a secondary up and down arrow to manipulate the order of the players you want. Be sure to save the list, there’s a tab for that, before you exit. It will save it to that point and the players you haven’t moved will stay in the order you leave them. A personal preference for me, I tend to draft defenses and kickers in the last rounds. Also, this is a PPR (points per reception) league if you decide to do some pre-draft research. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@AUBwins, I'd also take a look at the help page at top right in the Yahoo League (looks like a ?) to help familiarize yourself with how Yahoo league works.  Clicking on this when on any of the league fantasy screens will give a variety of topics to help you out or if you are not sure, you can just use the search function.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 8.29.31 AM.png

We start the following positions with 5 bench spots and 1 IR spot.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 8.28.29 AM.png

The IR Spot can be a little tricky and most do not use it to their advantage.  You can put a player in the IR slot if he has one of the following designations (Out, IR, PUP, PUP-R).  You can then add another player from Waiver Wire or Free Agent pool for the injured player without having to drop someone.  Once the designated player is back Active, you will be forced to drop someone from your roster before you can move him back to the bench or starting spot.  You can also choose to leave the player in the IR slot indefinitely (even if healthy) and play with the roster you have, but you will not be able to make any trades, waiver claims, or FA acquisitions until you reactivate the player from IR.

One of the most important pieces to doing well in fantasy is knowing how to play the waiver wire / FA pool.  Most all leagues are won by effectively managing the roster via this avenue, along with trades, throughout the year.  Weekly waivers are processed on Tuesday night/early Wed morning.  Players not claimed from waivers move to FA pool.  Waiver priority is a weekly continual rolling list.  The initial waiver priority will be the inverse of the draft order meaning draft spot 12 will have 1st priority and 1st draft spot will have last priority for waivers.  From here on out, as people use their waiver priority, you move to the back of priority list.  Holding a waiver priority can be especially helpful for using at the right time (let's say a stud RB like Zeke Elliot gets hurt and his backup Tony Pollard is not rostered and on waivers...with the #1 waiver priority, you could put in the claim and be guaranteed to get him).  This is where strategy comes in as a Fantasy manager of knowing when to burn your waiver priority.  Once players clear waivers and end up in FA pool, you can add/drop players without impacting your waiver priority.  All players in FA pool move to Waivers at start of their respective game.  Any players that are dropped to the Waiver wire from a team will be on Waivers for 2 days (same rules above apply for claiming), before they will roll back into FA pool.

Understand bye weeks for each of your players and how to manage your bench to get you through these weeks.  Also take this into account when making trades where one player has already had his bye week vs a player who still has a bye week coming.

There are many websites out there that are useful but I normally use fantasy pros, cbssports, espn, and nfl for draft/weekly rankings.  I like fantasy pros probably the best because the rankings are a composite average of many "experts" lol...https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will know and be able to help you out.  Welcome to the league.

• Thanks 1

Re: Waiver priority. My wife had a situation last season where her only TE in a league that required one went was ruled out on Sunday. Because of waiver rules, she couldn't pick up another one. 

Is there a way to avoid that scenario with the rules in this league? 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Re: Waiver priority. My wife had a situation last season where her only TE in a league that required one went was ruled out on Sunday. Because of waiver rules, she couldn't pick up another one. 

Is there a way to avoid that scenario with the rules in this league? 

Yes, move the TE declared out to the IR position and pick up another TE from FA pool to start in his place.

Yahoo is clunky in that it doesn't even show the IR spot until you have someone with one of the designations I listed and it still doesn't show it until you click on the injured player to move him.

Edited by Coastal Tiger

Appreciate all the insight! Have always been curious about it,  but have never decided a good place to start.  I thought this one would be laid back enough and helpful.  And it gives me a chance to kick @GwillMac6 arse. Lol.  

Sup bro!

giphy.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Appreciate all the insight! Have always been curious about it,  but have never decided a good place to start.  I thought this one would be laid back enough and helpful.  And it gives me a chance to kick @GwillMac6 arse. Lol.  

Sup bro!

giphy.gif

hahaahahah it will not be hard!!!! I am terrible at fantasy sports!!! I bet you will be a fantasy sports prodigy!!! lol. WOOOOOO!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, GwillMac6 said:

hahaahahah it will not be hard!!!! I am terrible at fantasy sports!!! I bet you will be a fantasy sports prodigy!!! lol. WOOOOOO!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!! 

I know. I’m actually still undefeated against you. 😂

Meet my starting QB this year:

Cam got hurt probably due to his crappy OL. This will make the third thread that this is discussed, but the greater point is this is why we wait to do the fantasy draft until next week. His injury may end up not being too serious, but still. 

My work League is drafting tonight. My 3 keepers were Kamara, Chubb, and Ertz. My first pick will be round 4 number 5. However, due to the other teams (14 team league) and their keepers, only 19 picks in front of me. I’m hoping to get a low WR1 or highly ranked WR2 with the pick. 

Well, after the draft looks like I’m starting Godwin, Moore, and Jackson. I’ve got Miller , Samuel, Parker, and T Williams on the bench 

@Coastal Tiger, are we going to get a draft order set early or just before the draft?

16 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Well, after the draft looks like I’m starting Godwin, Moore, and Jackson. I’ve got Miller , Samuel, Parker, and T Williams on the bench 

WR is weak on the surface but DJ and Godwin should have better numbers. Who is Jackson?

23 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

@Coastal Tiger, are we going to get a draft order set early or just before the draft?

I wish we would, but may not be in his control 

He could pick a number 1-1000, Tell Titan or Golf, and then let us pick, and the order be set by closest, 2nd closest, and so on. 

So we can go ahead and scheme and all that jazz. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

WR is weak on the surface but DJ and Godwin should have better numbers. Who is Jackson?

DeSean. It’s a 14 team league and my keepers were deemed first three round picks. I didn’t have an actual draft pick until the 47 pick or fifth in the fourth round.