Null



AUDevil

Chuck Person

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I am sure this is true.  

wde

makes we wonder if this becomes so big that they can't punish every school, subpoena power can open a giant can of worms too big to handle by the NCAA but to reset the guidelines becomes their only option

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




It's sad honestly. Sports are a s*** show on every level at any game. I'm getting to the point of just walking away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Louisville is royally screwed in this thing too. Ouch. What a crap fest

Maybe, it seems like an Adidas executive paid 100k to steer a recruit to Louisville.  They may not have known?  Who knows at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Louisville is royally screwed in this thing too. Ouch. What a crap fest

pitino has gone scott free before with just a slap on the wrist and until something happens otherwise I believe that will happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of negative Nancy’s on here speaking with “authority”  talking about the death of auburn basketball and/or Auburn University.  Some of the same ones talking about the death of the program after the softball situation came out.  So far I’ve heard no evidence that the the university or the athletic department was directly involved in what chuck person did.  So unless some evidence comes out directly pointing to the university, im not going to play this demise game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, auie93 said:

You don't honestly believe that do you?  Are you aware that they knew Corey hooked up with a gymnast back in October when he first "resigned" and then they allowed him back since it was not a softball player?  The fact that he was attempting to hook up with any student should have ended his career at AU immediately.   

My God!  So we had a damn predator on the payroll? :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

A lot of negative Nancy’s on here speaking with “authority”  talking about the death of auburn basketball and/or Auburn University.  Some of the same ones talking about the death of the program after the softball situation came out.  So far I’ve heard no evidence that the the university or the athletic department was directly involved in what chuck person did.  So unless some evidence comes out directly pointing to the university, im not going to play this demise game.

L O L not even remotely close to the same situation. Are you this blind right now? The softball situation did not have wiretaps and a 32 page document directly implicating and detailing out what Chuck Person did. The fbi is involved. GAME OVER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the entire indictment. 

 

It specifically states the CP defrauded the University. I doubt anybody knew about this in the compliance department until the feds started sniffing around in their investigation. (There had been cryptic statements on the PFB Show about something brewing.) 

 

If there is ever an instance of a coach gone "rogue" this is one of them. He specifically defrauded the university, the players, the Feds, former players. Apparently he was desperate financially and used his status as an Auburn legend and NBA experience to gain trust with these kids and parents. He preyed on their personal situations. In the indictment it says "Player-1 says he trusts coach and whatever he says he is cool with." He wasn't just a coach he was one with credibility to the players based on his history and how portrayed his dedication to the school. All so he could take advantage of the kids. 

 

I hope he gets the book thrown at him and I hope the athletic department has already been in damage control mode. I think they can escape the harshest punishment if they can distance themselves and show cooperation with the feds and NCAA.  

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

L O L not even remotely close to the same situation. Are you this blind right now? The softball situation did not have wiretaps and a 32 page document directly implicating and detailing out what Chuck Person did. The fbi is involved. GAME OVER.

So you have information that i don’t know about, that Auburn University and the athletic department is directly incolved?  I haven’t seen any evidence presented yet? 

Edited by WeagleAU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCAA uses "athletics department culture" as one of the primary axis of evaluation. Auburn athletics in general is wounded (self inflicted at that.)  Between softball and now basketball, JJ may well be out - justified or not.  The culture theme may hit if other sports, think tennis, golf, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, etc.  have women come forward about abuse - where now they are now empowered to have a safety net and freedom from retribution that they didn't have before.  You could even get a few liers looking for a payday.  Understand this, if there has been abuses in other areas I am thankful victims can have their day regardless of how much damage an idiot coach or grad student may have caused.  If Auburn can't clean themselves up with integrity and address failures of coaches and abuses of players believe you me I am the first in line with the torch and pitchfork.  I am expecting a deep dive into self evaluation and some systemic, programmatic changes at the university level.

Edited by oldaufeller
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WeagleAU said:

So you have information that o don’t know about, that Auburn University and the athletic department is directly incolved?  I haven’t seen any evidence presented yet? Hi 

IS Chuck Person not a employee of Auburn University and a representation of them? Auburn is involved because of that reason alone. Does not matter what the University or AD knew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Lucky" for us the National media is fascinated by Louisville and Pitino way more than AU.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

pitino has gone scott free before with just a slap on the wrist and until something happens otherwise I believe that will happen again.

From Twitter:

"Reports from some analysts in Louisvile are that U of L is implicated in this, connected to a surprise commitment by Bowen in June."

"Pulling that garbage while actively in the middle of responding to the NCAA in the hooker scandal, and claiming to be victims of the NCAA? That would kinda require everyone from Pitino to Jurich to be fired immediately." 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

From Twitter:

"Reports from some analysts in Louisvile are that U of L is implicated in this, connected to a surprise commitment by Bowen in June."

"Pulling that garbage while actively in the middle of responding to the NCAA in the hooker scandal, and claiming to be victims of the NCAA? That would kinda require everyone from Pitino to Jurich to be fired immediately." 

Jurich is a great AD but he DEF hires and pacifies shady coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

IS Chuck Person not a employee of Auburn University and a representation of them? Auburn is involved because of that reason alone. Does not matter what the University or AD knew.

It makes a big difference though.  People are talking as if this is the demise of the program because of what one person did.  So far what I’m hearing in the press conference, chuck person defrauded Auburn University.  So like I said, unless something comes out that the university was directly involved, im not sure how this equates to game over.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now