Chuck Person

AUApostle

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To me, reading that, it doesn't implicate Wiley in any way as to accepting any $. Just a heads up to CW-1 that there might be an opportunity to influence him.

The part about the payments come earlier/later in the brief. There zero doubt that the payments took place, until TT's picture we couldn't figure out who got them. It's pretty clear it was Wiley based on that info.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It states there was an apparel guy that makes and sells high end suits. 

I can't be the only one that is thinking of TTown Menswear.......suits and memorabilia signing!! 

Can the Feds make a visit there next>

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No, it gets worse:

wiley2.JPG

That indicates player-1 as the one involved. In the first, it indicated a future player and said future player was not designated "player-1". There is no doubt that in the first the future player is/was Wiley. However there is uncertainty in the next.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LOL, damn, suspended and not fired.

wde

GOOD POINT! like how on earth can he still have a job? Even if they eventually fire him you think they would of done it immediately.

Just now, bigbird said:

That indicates player-1 as the one involved. In the first, it indicated a future player and said future player was not designated "player-1". There is no doubt that in the first the future player is/was Wiley. However there is uncertainty in the next.

Yeah, but earlier it said Player 1 was someone who was going to join the team in January and no one knew that was going to happen.  Wiley's the only guy I know of that joined the team midseason.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, but earlier it said Player 1 was someone who was going to join the team in January and no one knew that was going to happen.  Wiley's the only guy I know of that joined the team midseason.

Gotcha, I mustve missed that one. Thanks

"This morning’s news is shocking. We are saddened, angry and disappointed. We have suspended Coach Person without pay effective immediately. We are committed to playing by the rules, and that’s what we expect from our coaches. In the meantime, Auburn is working closely with law enforcement, and we will help them in their investigation in any way we can."

University Statement

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

GOOD POINT! like how on earth can he still have a job? Even if they eventually fire him you think they would of done it immediately.

It's just standard procedure.  They'll wait until they and the lawyers have had a chance to go over all the allegations and make sure they're not more to the story.  He'll be officially fired within days I'd expect.

I would hope AU was smart enough to put some type of clause in his contract to the effect that "if you are arrested and charged by the FBI for fraud, etc" you are immediately fired with cause.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I would hope AU was smart enough to put some type of clause in his contract to the effect that "if you are arrested and charged by the FBI for fraud, etc" you are immediately fired with cause.

wde

That's boilerplate stuff - any violation of NCAA rules gets you fired with cause.

So...would we rather it be Danjel or Mustapha at this point to go along with Wiley? Wasn't there chatter on this board, prior to Pearl's hiring, about Purifoy's recruitment having a little bit of sketchiness to it?

Horace Spencer, welcome back to getting heavy minutes at the 5, buddy! I hope he can stay healthy. ****, I was so excited for basketball season this year. We are going to struggle on the boards again and have no size but really I'm just hoping we aren't on probation in the near future.

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

WJOX just reported Person has been suspended without pay.  Why hasn't he been fired?

Innocent until proven guilty is still a thing...

Archived