Sign in to follow this  
JMR

Things I Think I Saw (AU vs Ole Miss).....

Recommended Posts

Thanks @JMR!!!

”I think I saw” a lot of the same things. The confusion, missed tackles, and sluggishness of the D was a little troubling.  I also specifically noticed Dinson’s play not up to his usual standard. 

I loved to see the combo blocking make a comeback!!!  The OL has improved each of the last few weeks!  That and KJ getting healthier is HUGE!!!

One other big thing:  I Also was thinking, “I hope Chip steals this play” a few times with the OM passing game.  One example, That “fake block TE seam route” was a thing of beauty, SP just overthrew him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




13 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're not the only one. I thought so too. I still think if they had a QB they would be dangerous.

Their line play is a much bigger problem to me.  Which is why I love our matchup this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Their line play is a much bigger problem to me.  Which is why I love our matchup this week.

I agree. At one time they had 3 true freshman playing on the OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great stuff as usual coach. if i might get greedy can you give us an article on what we need to do etc to beat our next opponent each week? one that might give us insight before each game? i love how you dumb down most of your statements on things i thought i saw which helps us understand what is going on better. anywa keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Huge difference between Ingram and canella 

I am well aware...the Engram kid grew up down the street, saw a lot of him and Kenyan Drake when they were at Hillgrove High School.  The vision for the flexed TE is the same...Google both and you'll quickly see "matchup nightmare".  I guess one is real and one is imagined, which as you point out is a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also saw all the holding and was hollering at the replay on Sunday...too bad they can't hear me!  Anyway, I call our second half slumps the "Tuberville Effect".  We'd come out like pants on fire the first half, then struggle to hold on and win the second half.  Tubby never seemed to make any second half adjustments, and I always joked the players were enjoying a cappuccino and biscotti during the half.

It ain't perfect, but it's A LOT better than the last couple of years!  WDE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I am well aware...the Engram kid grew up down the street, saw a lot of him and Kenyan Drake when they were at Hillgrove High School.  The vision for the flexed TE is the same...Google both and you'll quickly see "matchup nightmare".  I guess one is real and one is imagined, which as you point out is a huge difference.

I would kill for an Ingram player. One of the best TE I have seen in the sec . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I would kill for an Ingram player. One of the best TE I have seen in the sec . 

Me too! Unfortunately I don't see us ever recruiting one. You have to actually throw to him first. On that note, I swear I would try utilize that big McLain kid in that slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Me too! Unfortunately I don't see us ever recruiting one. You have to actually throw to him first. On that note, I swear I would try utilize that big McLain kid in that slot. 

Nailed it . Great call on mclain. He is huge and could play that spot very well given the opportunity. Not sure why he hasn't played much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post again, Coach. I'm beginning to feel more optimistic. But I still want to see us block a tough D-line.

I also hope Horton's ok, because it seems we may have found ourselves with that current five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JMR said:

I don't understand it either. But I've never made $4.7 mil a year, and maybe that's why. 

It looks like we're just trying to get them before they're set. As y'all observe, it ain't as effective as it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just basing this off what I’ve seen in limited action and spring game, but IF Horton isn’t ready to go this week, I would put Harrell in at LG and keep AG at LT.  LSU has a lot of speed on the ends and the noise will be a factor when we have the ball.  It’s not the type of game you wanna throw Prince out there and say “good luck”.   For the OL, in some ways, this is Clemson part 2 (meaning good DL with speed rushers on the road). I hope we perform much better this time. And I believe we will. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree. At one time they had 3 true freshman playing on the OL

I believe AU had three freshmen on the OL when we defeated Gators in the swamp when Wes kicked the field goal. Could be wrong

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe AU had three freshmen on the OL when we defeated Gators in the swamp when Wes kicked the field goal. Could be wrong

Lee Ziemba LT (Took King Dunlap's spot), Ryan Pugh RT and Chaz Ramsey RG

Edited by aufan57
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Nailed it . Great call on mclain. He is huge and could play that spot very well given the opportunity. Not sure why he hasn't played much

I wish someone with knowledge could answer that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

One example, That “fake block TE seam route” was a thing of beauty, SP just overthrew him. 

We did that last season with Jalen right? Idk why we've gotten away from that.  Maybe one of these games they will spring it on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, JMR said:

I don't want to jinx anybody, but the improvement of our wide receivers the last couple of games has been impressive. They are catching the ball ($1 to Will Hastings for his drop), and they are blocking. There are huge plays to be had on the perimeter when the wide receivers make their blocks.

Yep!

Nice analysis coach, I agree more with your narratives than any sports media or other posters here. Thanks for all you do!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely get fighting mad in that an old man has to watch his heart. HOWEVER, when that thug player from OM almost killed the young man catching the punt, he seemed proud of his deed. You know what, there were several OM fans applauding him as he was escorted out of the stadium by the tunnel where the OM fans were.

I would hope I never see any Auburn fan applauding anything as blatant as that hit. That player should have to sit out the rest of the season for that IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2017 at 6:56 PM, bigbird said:

You're not the only one. I thought so too. I still think if they had a QB they would be dangerous.

In the few games I have seen LSU play my thinking is if Etling is an SEC QB, everybody is. I hope the trend of keeping him less than impressive continues Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this