All Things Final Spots in the 2018 Class

aujeff11

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I know he's not OJ Howard, but when he's thrown the ball, he catches it. 

There's more involved like running routes & getting open.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

There's more involved like running routes & getting open.

And actually having an intention to utilize the position. Again, I’m not proclaiming him to be a great talent. I just saying that only 3-4 targets over 2 years is more reflective of an unwillingness to use his skills than him not having them. It’s just my opinion that JH has enough skills to be targeted 1-2 games per game as opposed to 1-2 times per season. 

40 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And actually having an intention to utilize the position. Again, I’m not proclaiming him to be a great talent. I just saying that only 3-4 targets over 2 years is more reflective of an unwillingness to use his skills than him not having them. It’s just my opinion that JH has enough skills to be targeted 1-2 games per game as opposed to 1-2 times per season. 

Clearly the staff disagrees or he would get more targets like Lutz & CJU did even though they didn't get enough.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Clearly the staff disagrees or he would get more targets like Lutz & CJU did even though they didn't get enough.

Which is mind boggling to say the least. The fact we don't utilize a TE in this offense is almost criminal.

• 2 weeks later...

So we are sitting on five spots left avaible. From what I can infer this is how we intend to use them:

1 TE

1 or possibly 2 WRs if Rose comes our way

2 OL with at least one of them being an OT

1 LB if we can flip him

1 CB

Total of 5 without Rose and a LB flip but maybe as many as 7.  Watching how the staff manages these last 5 spots and who we land to fill them will tell us volumes. 

A final 5 of Gouraige, Barnes, Walker, Alaimo, and Franklin would have me pouring a celebratory bourbon on NSD (assuming our committed but unsigned guys stick). I realize that’s pretty ambitious but, hey, I don’t pour a bourbon for just anything, lol.

1 hour ago, JoeinPF said:

So we are sitting on five spots left avaible. From what I can infer this is how we intend to use them:

1 TE

1 or possibly 2 WRs if Rose comes our way

2 OL with at least one of them being an OT

1 LB if we can flip him

1 CB

Total of 5 without Rose and a LB flip but maybe as many as 7.  Watching how the staff manages these last 5 spots and who we land to fill them will tell us volumes. 

Could be 6 if the staff asks Fuqua to Grayshirt due to his injury which is what I'm expecting.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Could be 6 if the staff asks Fuqua to Grayshirt due to his injury which is what I'm expecting.

I have been seeing this mention of Fuqua grayshirting. What was his injury this year (yes, too lazy to look it up, lol)?

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I have been seeing this mention of Fukushima grayshirting. What was his injury this year (yes, too lazy to look it up, lol)?

Shoulder. DR. Andrews or Dr. Goodlet will check it out on his OV in a week & a half.

Realistic Final  5 - 

Anthony Schwartz 

Quay Walker

Benjie Franklin

Jalen Goss

Matt Alaimo 

Hopeful Final 5 (7)

Anthony Schwartz

Quay Walker

Justyn Ross 

William Barnes

Richard Gouriage

Kelvin Joseph

Caleb Tannor

Gray shirt - Siposs & Fuqua

Switch from WR to S - Matthew Hill

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Gray shirt - Siposs & Fuqua

Switch from WR to S - Matthew Hill

Siposs isn't going to greyshirt. He's already 24 years old and besides which we NEED him immediately. If we don't take him, some other team will snap him up in a heartbeat.

WR - Schwartz 

TE - Alaimo

OT - Goss

OT/OG - Barnes

CB - Franklin

Suprise: 

DE - Tannor - because our WR Hill goes to Clemson and that is because WR Ross goes to Bama.

30 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Are we really at the sweet-spot of recruiting we're asking kids to greyshirt?  I hate that garbage.

If a kid is injured to the point that he will miss his entire 1st season as Fuqua may be there is no point signing him right now, blowing that spot on the 25 limit that could go to someone else who may be able to play if needed in year 1, and completely blow 1 of 5 important years of eligibility recovering from injury. If the injury is severe enough it is best for all involved that Fuqua delay enrollment til he is heeled. That way he doesn't burn 1 of his 5 eligibility years, the signing spot can go to someone else in 2018, then he can sign next December & count to the 2019 25 limit.

51 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Good breakdown.  Still hate that garbage.  If you want a kid on board, you offer them a scholarship.

It's not garbage. He has a scholly offer. They just may want to delay his enrollment 1 semester til next January pending on the injury. Most every other school would do the same thing now a days depending on the severity of the injury. No school wants to blow a kid's 1st year of eligibility in recovery. It's for the kid in this case as much as the school.

So currently we have the following players already signed:

Joey Gatewood - QB - 4*

Quindarious Monday - ATH - 4*

Seth Williams - WR - 4*

Zakoby McClain - OLB - 4*

Asa Martin - RB - 4*

Christian Tutt - CB - 4*

Jamien Sherwood - S - 4*

Michael Harris - ILB - 4*

Kayode Oladele - SDE - 4*

Shaun Shivers - APB - 4*

Jalil Irvin - OG - 4 *

Daquan Newkirk - DT - 3*

Shedrick Jackson - WR - 3*

Kameron Stutts - OT - 3*

Josh Marsh - OLB - 3*

That's 15 of our 25 open slots that were willing to sign early! Pretty impressive.

Then our commits are:

Matthew Hill - WR - 4*

Coynis Miller - DT - 4*

Anthony Schwartz - WR - 4*

Richard Jibunor - ATH - 4*

Kolbi Fuqua - ATH - 3*

Arryn Siposs - P - 3*

That puts us at 21 of our 25 spots leaving only four remaining spots!

We are "warm" on Justyn Ross (4* WR), Dylan Wonnum (4* OT), Lawrence Keys III (4* WR), William Barnes (4* OT), JaMarr Chase (4* WR), Harold Joiner (4* RB), Benjie Franklin (3* CB), Joseph Foucha (3* S), Matt Alaimo (3* TE), Caleb Johnson (3* WDE), Jalen Goss (3* OT), Tank Jenkins (4* OG), Caleb Tannor (4* WDE), Roger McCreary (3* S), and I know we're still working hard towards Quay Walker.

So the question in all of this is, who are the final four that you THINK we will take? Then, who are the final four that you would like for us to take?

Also, are there any of our 6 commits that you believe might flip on us? I know there were some mumblings about Matthew Hill.

Personally, I would like to see us pick up

1. Dylan Wonnum - losing 4 seniors on the offensive line and only having 2 OL commits makes me crave some more lineman in this class

2. William Barnes - same as above, I don't think we need more receivers in this class though I do feel pleased with the potential of this receiver class.

3. Quay Walker - would love to take one from Alabama and this kid is an excellent talent. I believe @Mikey would be happy with more linebackers.

4. Tank Jenkins - more lineman, his name is TANK, and if we picked up all three of these lineman (all 4*) that would be a huge image boost to this class and investment to protecting our qb's in the long distant future.

I'm sure I'll be off somewhere in this, and I plan on following next years recruiting class closely to be more informed, so feel free to help me correct some information!

We only signed 15 in Dec. If my facts are correct, we're still able to sign 10 plus replace any junior's who leaves early.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We only signed 15 in Dec. If my facts are correct, we're still able to sign 10 plus replace any junior's who leaves early.

I will let someone correct me if I am wrong, but we can't sign more than 10 in the upcoming period no matter who leaves.  We can only take 25 players.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

They're not...

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So currently we have the following players already signed:

Joey Gatewood - QB - 4*

Quindarious Monday - ATH - 4*

Seth Williams - WR - 4*

Zakoby McClain - OLB - 4*

Asa Martin - RB - 4*

Christian Tutt - CB - 4*

Jamien Sherwood - S - 4*

Michael Harris - ILB - 4*

Kayode Oladele - SDE - 4*

Shaun Shivers - APB - 4*

Jalil Irvin - OG - 4 *

Daquan Newkirk - DT - 3*

Shedrick Jackson - WR - 3*

Kameron Stutts - OT - 3*

Josh Marsh - OLB - 3*

That's 15 of our 25 open slots that were willing to sign early! Pretty impressive.

Then our commits are:

Matthew Hill - WR - 4*

Coynis Miller - DT - 4*

Anthony Schwartz - WR - 4*

Richard Jibunor - ATH - 4*

Kolbi Fuqua - ATH - 3*

Arryn Siposs - P - 3*

That puts us at 21 of our 25 spots leaving only four remaining spots!

We are "warm" on Justyn Ross (4* WR), Dylan Wonnum (4* OT), Lawrence Keys III (4* WR), William Barnes (4* OT), JaMarr Chase (4* WR), Harold Joiner (4* RB), Benjie Franklin (3* CB), Joseph Foucha (3* S), Matt Alaimo (3* TE), Caleb Johnson (3* WDE), Jalen Goss (3* OT), Tank Jenkins (4* OG), Caleb Tannor (4* WDE), Roger McCreary (3* S), and I know we're still working hard towards Quay Walker.

So the question in all of this is, who are the final four that you THINK we will take? Then, who are the final four that you would like for us to take?

Also, are there any of our 6 commits that you believe might flip on us? I know there were some mumblings about Matthew Hill.

Personally, I would like to see us pick up

1. Dylan Wonnum - losing 4 seniors on the offensive line and only having 2 OL commits makes me crave some more lineman in this class

2. William Barnes - same as above, I don't think we need more receivers in this class though I do feel pleased with the potential of this receiver class.

3. Quay Walker - would love to take one from Alabama and this kid is an excellent talent. I believe @Mikey would be happy with more linebackers.

4. Tank Jenkins - more lineman, his name is TANK, and if we picked up all three of these lineman (all 4*) that would be a huge image boost to this class and investment to protecting our qb's in the long distant future.

I'm sure I'll be off somewhere in this, and I plan on following next years recruiting class closely to be more informed, so feel free to help me correct some information!

Gouraige and Petit-Frere are also in the mix.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

With all due respect I would never look at a site's warm or cool statuses to gage things. Sites rarely truly keep them up to date. For example, 1 guy we are likely the warmest or second warmest with with is Florida OT commit Richard Gouraige & he is not on the above list. In reality we aren't warm w/ Keys, Caleb Johnson, & Tank. Wonnum & Foucha are debatable. McCreary remains to be seen.

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So the question in all of this is, who are the final four that you THINK we will take?

I think we take 5 & think Fuqua delays enrollment to next Januay.

Barnes
Gouraige
Alaimo
A CB (not sure which one we land yet)
Grad Transfer CB or RB, or Joiner, or Smoke

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

who are the final four that you would like for us to take?

Again 5 IMO. Same 1st 3 w/ Quay walker #5. The GT CB and/or RB enrolls in June allowing us to count them in the 2019 class.

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Also, are there any of our 6 commits that you believe might flip on us? I know there were some mumblings about Matthew Hill

Biggest concern

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Dylan Wonnum

Gouraige much more likely right now.

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Tank Jenkins

Not an AU target. Would be shocked if he ends up in the class.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

f we picked up all three of these lineman

Given the limited spots left & needs at other positions we will not add 3 OL to this class.

Archived