Kerryon Johnson to Enter NFL Draft

WDE0007

Congrats to KJ - best decision for himself (in my opinion) - I went to Auburn to improve myself and improve my opportunities for a better job.  KJ doing similar in his chosen field.  Best of luck to him, he will be missed.

As someone said above, wish we would develop two running backs so not a change when one takes a breather.  Loved the Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams combo.  Need similar in the future.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GBAU83 said:

Loved the Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams combo.  Need similar in the future.

This!

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

KJ was telling people last week he was coming back. 

It's amazing what getting embarrassed by a non power 5 opponent will do for your desire to stick around. I don't blame him. He'd be lucky to make it through another season of what they put him through this year.

Thank you, Kerryon! Truly a blessing to see you play and represent Auburn well!

Can anyone imagine Steelers drafting him? I can picture a scenario of that happening!

8 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Thank you, Kerryon! Truly a blessing to see you play and represent Auburn well!

Can anyone imagine Steelers drafting him? I can picture a scenario of that happening!

Ok but he'd look better in a Green Bay uniform. :)

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Ok but he'd look better in a Green Bay uniform. :)

For the record I want him as a Falcon, but knowing KJ's favorite NFL team, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Steelers go and get him

Reasons kids come back for their SR year: Improve draft status, there is no draft status, because they think they can be a part of something special the next year.

For starters, if I'm KJ, there is no way in Hades I am coming back

Draft status is great right now

If I'm honest, I don't think he is going to miss a special type of run next year.

I appreciate all he has done and I really appreciate him putting the offense on his shoulders this year.  KJ was rode like a rented mule for the betterment of his teammates and for Auburn and paid for it physically.  Hope he has a great pro career because he deserves it.

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

For the record I want him as a Falcon, but knowing KJ's favorite NFL team, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Steelers go and get him

That would be great for him. I just know the Packers need a running back so bad. But then again they need a defense really badly too. :(

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

This kinda changed my outlook for next year. I pray JHolland doesn’t follow. 

I think since KJ left Jeff is sure to follow.

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm excited to finally get to see the others.

Gus will probably move Cox back to RB since he knows the spinning Cox cat was a sure good thing. 

KJ is a very smart young man, he knows what our o-line will look like next year. After the blocking he got from a senior led line yesterday he knows it will not get any better next year if he sticks around.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

RB all the sudden a huge question going into next season. Speaking of Gus not getting young guys into the rotation enough - he won't have a choice in 2018.

I'm very excited to see how Barrett looks this summer after an off-season in our strength and conditioning program. Martin enrolling early is huge - and Whitlow is someone people keep talking about. When does Shivers arrive by the way?

There's going to be some great competition in the spring, that's for sure. 

Is Whitlow a RB?

He’d BETTER convince Stidham and Holland to stay.

You know how Kirby was able to sell Chubb, Michell and everyone else on staying? Thanks Gus...:soapbox:

Next year gonna suck big time. And we’re stuck with this moron for four more years.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

And so this begs the question...was he playing to not get hurt yesterday?  On many of his runs he sure seemed to play it safe...not quite showcasing the determination he's known for.

No.  He was hurt and still laid it out for Auburn.  He still tried stiff arms.  Did you not see his determination on the touchdown.

your post begs a lot of questions about you!

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Boy talking about earning your time. Great decision.

Oh I see; we lose to Central Florida, and suddenly you appear again. Where were you after the Georgia and Iron Bowl wins?

1 hour ago, alexava said:

We need another signee rb. Maybe juco. Real thin now. I am borderline shocked ?. With zero inside info I just had him returning on a strong hunch. Good luck KJ. I know you’ll continue to make us proud. 

losing two and bringing in two.  Plenty of depth and great competition for the starting spot...Whitlow, Martin, Martin, and Barrett seem to have solid chances...with an outside chance of Miller.  Shivers probably gets redshirted. 6 RBs is plenty.

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

losing two and bringing in two.  Plenty of depth and great competition for the starting spot...Whitlow, Martin, Martin, and Barrett seem to have solid chances...with an outside chance of Miller.  Shivers probably gets redshirted. 6 RBs is plenty.

I don’t think we had enough this year. Martin and Barrett don’t really fit as rb1 type horses we can pound with, although I like them both. I would go after another bigger body for depth. 

Hard to pass up the life changing money. Wonder if he is looking at all the line men leaving and wondering what would be in front of him next year. The offense is looking like more of a re-build than I was hoping. Hopefully, QB and WR will be the strong points. 

All the Best and may God Bless KJ!!! War Eagle!!!

54 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He’d BETTER convince Stidham and Holland to stay.

You know how Kirby was able to sell Chubb, Michell and everyone else on staying? Thanks Gus...:soapbox:

I think we can take Stidham out of the question--he's definitely not entering. Holland on the other hand...I have a strong feeling he's entering :'(

As for Kirby selling Chubb, Michel, and co. on staying: I've said this many times on here before. The only reason Chubb didn't enter the draft last year was because he wasn't as healthy as he thought he was gonna be in 2016, AND he was one season removed from a season-ending knee injury. So I think people really need to do away with the narrative that Kirby had to beg him to stay. Had Chubb not injured his knee in 2015, he'd be in the NFL right now. Michel and the other seniors staying probably had to do with them wanting to improve their stock. If they received a first to third round grade (even fourth), there's no way they passed that up.

18 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

Hard to pass up the life changing money. Wonder if he is looking at all the line men leaving and wondering what would be in front of him next year. The offense is looking like more of a re-build than I was hoping. Hopefully, QB and WR will be the strong points. 

Starting to feel like 2019 will be better than 2018.

Archived