Bama vs Georgia

AU64

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just saying, Cole, you disagreed with what I said. Just giving you a hard time, bud. 

To be fair, I don't think KJ would have started for them either. And he owned their @$$es.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

He had no choice.

He had no choice but to pull the starter which was 25-2 in the Championship game? Sure he did. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair AND I AM NO gustav backer as you all know saban with 5 titles in his pocket is just throwing things to see if they stick on the wall now and it is turning up aces for him. Onside kick against clemson 2 years ago. Starting a true freshmen with no meaningful snaps in the second half of a natty. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Low risk high reward when your legacy is already intact. Gus does not have that freedom. Does not excuse the fact he still coaches scared and it costs us though.

You can't be serious right? He trotted a kid out there in the national championship game that has never started a college game in his life. And Gus won't even let Malik Willis throw the ball when we are up 30. On one had I see a coach who isn't afraid and another who just doesn't know what the hell he is doing. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just saying, Cole, you disagreed with what I said. Just giving you a hard time, bud. 

I disagreed on the Martin not seeing the field part. Lol. But this was good stuff. Maybe next time

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I was trying to make a point about a group of backs and how they spread their carries....You wanted to change the convo about him.

Then I said the way bammer use their backs dude came over here it'd be the same and our dude went over there he'd look like a star too.

But the way you acted when I said a couple of us knew kj was better than pettway you really doing this?? LOL. Ok. Have fun

Cole, if you can't tell the difference between a personal attack and someone just giving you a hard time, I can't help ya. I give most people I like on here a hard time. Have sense of humor! Life is short! 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

He had no choice but to pull the starter which was 25-2 in the Championship game? Sure he did. 

He knew he wouldn't have a chance without throwing the ball and Hurts couldn't do it. It would have been the Iron Bowl outcome all over again.

So Smart and Chaney win the Gus Malzahn Try To Sit On A 10 Point Lead Award.  You can't leave your defense on the field the entire second half and expect them to win a game for you. 

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Saban says he’s proud of the team hope he watches the broadcast to see what kind of punks he’s allowing to be groomed under his watch 

If you're a coach, you know you need some guys with nasty in them.. Allen Pinkett was right. 

That was not the best team in the country, were beat up beyond anything most teams could have endured and played mostly like crap tonight.  And still won the national championship.  

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Jalen has been a steady hand, but it’s been pretty clear for a while that they were generally winning in spite of him. He was not good tonight, and the switch to Tua, who was offensive MVP, BTW, was a genius move in hindsight.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Hey Gus, that's why you let backup quarterbacks throw it in mop up duty!!!!

Or develop or recruit more than one every down RB. Bammers 3rd stringer come in running roughshod in the 4th qtr. Nice and fresh.

Just now, around4ever said:

So Smart and Chaney win the Gus Malzahn Try To Sit On A 10 Point Lead Award.  You can't leave your defense on the field the entire second half and expect them to win a game for you. 

Their conservative approach seemed eerily similiar to ours at times.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Cole, if you can't tell the difference between a personal attack and someone just giving you a hard time, I can't help ya. I give most people I like on here a hard time. Have sense of humor! Life is short! 

I didn't say anything about a personal attack. We just didn't have the disagreement that you thought we did. And that's sort of funny

4 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

He knew he wouldn't have a chance without throwing the ball and Hurts couldn't do it. It would have been the Iron Bowl outcome all over again.

Putting in a backup TF that had only marginal PT all year in the championship game against the great defense was the gutsy part. Like Tiger said, Gus wouldn’t have done that.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Spoken literally as Inigo Montoya...love it, and completely agree!

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Jalen has been a steady hand, but it’s been pretty clear for a while that they were generally winning in spite of him. He was not good tonight, and the switch to Tua, who was offensive MVP, BTW, was a genius move in hindsight.

Yes!

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

You can't be serious right? He trotted a kid out there in the national championship game that has never started a college game in his life. And Gus won't even let Malik Willis throw the ball when we are up 30. On one had I see a coach who isn't afraid and another who just doesn't know what the hell he is doing. 

ummmmmm I know I said all of that and said gus still coaches scared and it costs us. He WOULD NEVER do that. What is your point? Thanks for agreeing with me man. WOOOOO!!!! love the flair avi!!! you can be fam to! lol

Just now, cole256 said:

I didn't say anything about a personal attack. We just didn't have the disagreement that you thought we did. And that's sort of funny

Like I said, was just having some fun Cole! Gotta have fun! 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Putting in a backup TF that had only marginal PT in the championship game against the great defense was the gutsy part. Like Tiger said, Gus wouldn’t have done that.

I have to agree with that. We can't even get ahead enough, against the cupcakes, to play the backup, and let him throw the ball.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes!

I said it earlier in the thread, but I seriously believe Jalen has taken his last meaningful snap at QB for Bama. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yes, but he recovered from that sack... If he didn't deliver on that touchdown, they were SOL with that kicker and saban is questioned

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Could you imagine Gus putting Willis in a game and asking him to win it? Let alone the title game? Am I the only one who thinks if Stidz went down our offense would consist of pre-determined QB keepers or RB gives on 1st and 2nd down and then a screen on 3rd?

Isn’t that basically our offense anyway? 

:dunno:

Archived