Can Bryce Brown win SEC POTY?

GwillMac6

Unlike most years I am not seeing a runaway winner for sec player of the year. I think Bryce Brown and really any of our big 3 of him, Mustapha and Harper having a chance. Especially if we keep on winning. I honestly could not even give you a confident pick of who would be the leader in the clubhouse right now. No one has really stood out. I would of said Sexton BUT their best win all year he did not even play.

That kid is balling.  All the players on the team seem to be buying in 100%, and reflect exactly what Bruce is selling them.  He is a lock down defender, the best 3 point shooter in the league, and when we fall behind, he is the guy that catches fire as we hit the NOs and leave the opponent in the dust.  He is a stud.  I would say he's my favorite player, but it is so hard to pick.  I love McLemore, and he is our most important piece, because without him, we only have Spencer in the post.  Murray is the hardest working man in NCAAM basketball, and like Mclemore, plays 6 inches taller than he is.  Harper stirs the drink, and can get to the bucket or the line all most at will.  Heron...honestly, he isn't even playing as well as last year from the naked eye, but he does a lot of the dirty work and the go ahead dunk against Mizzou (not to mention the 3 out of the break), great defense, rebounding etc. are what make him special.  I love this team as much as any team since Doc Robinson and them boys.

Kid from LSU getting lots of attention...Weathers.....AU's balance might be an issue for individual recognition.

I feel it's possible that our big 3 comprise 60% of the 1st team all sec, but that the poy would be Williams at TN or Maten or Silva. Sexton would get the One and Done of the year.

In my opinion it's unlikely he wins the award due to how we are fortunate enough to be able to lean on other players for stretches and not rely on just Bryce.

But can we take a moment to recognize how insanely awesome it is that this is even a thread? Remember Bryce as a youngboy freshman sulking when his shots didn't fall or the ref calling him for a foul and then that would just take him out of the game completely from a mental standpoint? This kid has grown and matured so much over the past 2.5 years it and I'm so happy for him that his hard work is really starting to pay off now.

Unfortunately no. While his D is the best on the team, and he is our best long range bomber, and when he gets hot in a game, it tends to elevate our overall game, he still doesn't not have great driving skills to the basket, and his midrange jumper, surprisingly is not good.

I bet his 3 pt shooting is a higher percentage than is 2 pt shooting.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

100% what I was thinking!

And I think Heron is still considered as our best player...even BP said so yesterday...if this keeps up he could be MVP.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, AU64 said:

And I think Heron is still considered as our best player...even BP said so yesterday...if this keeps up he could be MVP.

I heard that and that surprised me a bit actually. I'd say Bryce has been our best player this season overall so far

But I'm obviously just watching the games from my couch lol

Archived