Baseball vs A&M Game 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....back to back to back hits....2 runs in, a man on second and NO OUTS.....Game tied at 4.....

30 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I think the approach has changed, they're starting to look for the fastball early in counts now.  

Good observation.  Just showed that the last two ABs.

Oh MY.....that's really careless....he was looking at the AU players and getting ready to slap hands and was not looking at the plate.....UGH..

And now we’ve got 2 outs and still only one across. You can’t do that at this level.  He’s gotta feel bad but Thompson oughtta light into him for celebrating with his teammates before doing his job. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oh MY.....that's really careless....he was looking at the AU players and getting ready to slap hands and was not looking at the plate.....UGH..

Yep, Estes should have been base coaching at the plate rather than waiting to celebrate.  Will be a teaching moment post game.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, Estes should have been base coaching at the plate rather than waiting to celebrate.  Will be a teaching moment post game.

This

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Just hope it’s a teaching moment post win

In other news, 2 up and 2 down in the seventh for TAMU.

been sitting behind home plate since 3rd inning and it’s true, this umpire has been very inconsistent with ball and strike calls 

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Nine outs seems like a million miles without Greenhill right now.  

Why’s that? Welby has been good this year and Coker is in the pen too. We got arms. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why’s that? Welby has been good this year and Coker is in the pen too. We got arms. 

A&M offense is a powder keg.  I do know Steve Smith won't be late with the hook...we do have a lot of arms.

19 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Whelp ... that sucks

for those reading this later ... josh Anthony didn’t step on home plate and the a&m folks saw it and appealed at the plate and got the out.

What I don't understand is how is it we had a replay behind home plate on the tag at home but not when Josh Anthony allegedly misses home plate?    Seems a little odd to me.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

What I don't understand is how is it we had a replay behind home plate on the tag at home but not when Josh Anthony allegedly misses home plate?    Seems a little odd to me.

Umpires did review it.

Archived