Let's try this again - Why the F.B.I. Raid Is Perilous for Michael Cohen — and Trump

AUDub

45 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good for him if he can stiff a lawyer.

I dunno, man. People s*** talk lawyers a lot right up until they need one. I’ve been bailed out of some serious s*** by a criminal defense attorney in the past, and state rep Juandalynn Givan here in Alabama did a bang up job representing me and my wife when we needed to yank parental rights from the bio dad of my three oldest and with their subsequent adoption by me.

Question? In a situation like this do we pay the Presidents legal fees or is that his tab. 

Last I heard, he was paying his own fees, but it’s nebulous.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I dunno, man. People s*** talk lawyers a lot right up until they need one. I’ve been bailed out of some serious s*** by a criminal defense attorney in the past, and state rep Juandalynn Givan here in Alabama did a bang up job representing me and my wife when we needed to yank parental rights from the bio dad of my three oldest and with their subsequent adoption by me.

That could be an interesting few rounds of beers. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

That could be an interesting few rounds of beers. 

I still carry Jimmy’s card around, though I have no idea if he’s still practicing. Everyone should always have a defense attorney’s card in their wallet at all times, because you never know when you might get accused of something you didn’t do.

25 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still carry Jimmy’s card around, though I have no idea if he’s still practicing. Everyone should always have a defense attorney’s card in their wallet at all times, because you never know when you might get accused of something you didn’t do.

Wonder if he takes summer interns ;)

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wonder if he takes summer interns ;)

Criminal defense is a far cry from petrochemical contracts lol.

Regardless, I'm not really sure the guy is still practicing. He was getting up there when he represented me, and that was when I was a lot younger and a lot stupider.

Liked him a lot, though. To call his wit acerbic would be an understatement. He thought a lot about the court system was contemptible thuggery, and he wasn't exactly wrong there.

12 hours ago, AUDub said:

Strzok and Page

A point they often gets overlooked is that even if there is evidence of anti-trump bias, that may not matter. All investigations are biased to a degree against the party being investigated. No one wants to end up feeling like they wasted their time coming up with nothing. The FBI and the police are expected to be biased against the subject. That’s  why you never talk to them without your lawyer. 

It is their job to follow the law and provide real, unaltered evidence in a forthright and complete fashion. 

There is no indication that either of these individuals intended to break the law or fabricate or withhold evidence. It doesn't matter what their personal opinions were as long as it didn't lead to malpractice at work.

I thought that's what he might be referring to,  but good grief, talk about a "nothing sandwich".

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/the-fbis-principal-loyalty-is-to-the-bureau-itself/552686/

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Naah, I just rely on whatever public defender they assign.  ;)

Our legal system is arguably the best in the world, but only if you have resources.

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

I have a couple of family friends who are attorneys. One I would only use for DUI. The only crime I’m ever slightly guilty of and his forte. The other I think does a little of everything. She was an awesome DA but lost when the county broke full retard and started voting republican no matter how stupid the candidate is. I pray I never need her by also hope she would recall the support I gave her campaigns over the years when billing me. 

16 hours ago, AUDub said:

I completely agree............people do the same with law enforcement right up until they need em......lol need em.......speaking Andy Capp again? 

16 hours ago, AUDub said:

Dub I may not agree with you on everything politically.........You sir have my respect as a good father and man :beer2::bow:

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Naah, I just rely on whatever public defender they assign.  ;)

Our legal system is arguably the best in the world, but only if you have resources.

Unfortunately true.

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/justice_for_all_who_can_afford_it

America is supposed to adhere to the principle of "equal justice under law," a concept dating back to ancient Greece and embedded in our society through the 14th Amendment. The phrase is so important to our legal system it is engraved on the U.S. Supreme Court building.

But today, in far too many instances, an individual's access to equal justice is based less on principle and more on ability to pay. Financial penalties—fees, fines and bail—have rendered justice unjust.

Fees and fines that ignore a defendant's ability to pay place an unfair burden on people of lesser means. Minor infractions can result in fees that spiral into thousands of dollars, and contribute to the United States incarcerating more individuals than any developed country. Bail set without consideration of financial circumstances results in the detention of the poorest, rather than most dangerous or highest flight risks as intended.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

If you’re buying let’s get a plan drawn up. 

I'll supply all the PBR's you want..............................I'm sure you're open for that

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll supply all the PBR's you want..............................I'm sure you're open for that

Shhhh. I’ll bring my own. I must also admit I’ve never tried a PBR. 

7 hours ago, alexava said:

I have a couple of family friends who are attorneys. One I would only use for DUI. The only crime I’m ever slightly guilty of and his forte. The other I think does a little of everything. She was an awesome DA but lost when the county broke full retard and started voting republican no matter how stupid the candidate is. I pray I never need her by also hope she would recall the support I gave her campaigns over the years when billing me. 

Alex, are you saying you drive slightly under the influence?

Unless I forgot, which is altogether possible, I never bought or drank one. But I’m working night shifts this week. I usually get a cold one for the road. If they have a PBR I’ll indulge. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

Unless I forgot, which is altogether possible, I never bought or drank one. But I’m working night shifts this week. I usually get a cold one for the road. If they have a PBR I’ll indulge. 

In the early days of a touring rock band that would literally book a show anywhere that would let us play, we were paid in PBR on many an occasion.

7 hours ago, Strychnine said:

In the early days of a touring rock band that would literally book a show anywhere that would let us play, we were paid in PBR on many an occasion.

My “way home store “ didn’t have singles iced down. They had them in the cooler but I wasn’t buying a six pack. I’ll keep looking. 

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

My “way home store “ didn’t have singles iced down. They had them in the cooler but I wasn’t buying a six pack. I’ll keep looking. 

If taste is important, you made the right choice. 

42 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If taste is important, you made the right choice. 

Taste is absolutely important. Curiosity is creeping into the equation though. So I sense I am about to splurge and waste about 1.39$. 

On 4/11/2018 at 12:48 PM, alexava said:

Since when is OK to call half the US voting population retarded.  Is this the "Smack Talk Forum?"  I would not call US Citizens that vote for a Democrat "retarded."  It is too much of an insult to retarded people!

2 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Since when is OK to call half the US voting population retarded.  Is this the "Smack Talk Forum?"  I would not call US Citizens that vote for a Democrat "retarded."  It is too much of an insult to retarded people!

I look fwd to replying when I have time. 

Archived