• Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So...they admit that they're Losers?

48 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So...they admit that they're Losers?

4E7A9250-A20C-42D0-B71D-4E90804C1296.jpeg

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Hmmm interesting and to think I was told weeks ago we couldn’t drop a kid.  Spin it however you want but we dropped the kid.  

Not spin. He dropped us more than anything. Going to LSU is not dropping a kid. If he ended up at say Bowling Green or some school like that I would tend to agree.

Tough to call it dropping a kid when he still had a spot until he found a home at one of the best programs in the country. Totally agree that both Auburn and Flott seemed to move on from each other, but it’s not like we pulled his offer. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not spin. He dropped us more than anything. Going to LSU is not dropping a kid. If he ended up at say Bowling Green or some school like that I would tend to agree.

Not trying to be rude but you’re wrong regardless of how it’s sugarcoated.  Didn’t matter where he wound up we had stopped showing interest... dropped the kid

Just now, corchjay said:

Not trying to be rude but you’re wrong regardless of how it’s sugarcoated.  Didn’t matter where he wound up he had stopped showing interest... dropped the kid

Exactly you said it in your post. HE stopped showing interest. Not the other way around. HE. DROPPED. US.

I wish ever girl I ever dated was a gentle in the drop. “We’ll stay together until you find an equally hot girlfriend. No problem!”

I meant we stopped showing interest, prior posted edited to reflect that...  but yes we stopped showing interest. No biggie good for both parties but like I said we dropped him.  Now let’s see how much the instate coaches hold it against as was said...  

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Hmmm interesting and to think I was told weeks ago we couldn’t drop a kid.  Spin it however you want but we dropped the kid.  

We drop kids, and there is nothing wrong with it. It’s business and business is booming. To avoid semantics wars,  when I mean drop kids, we tell them to look around while there is time left to be recruited. We told Elijah Sullivan to look around because of a numbers crunch and he ended up at Kansas State for example. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I said we dropped him.

We have different definitions of dropped. I consider dropped as pulling an offer which would have been a bad look IMO. We stopped showing interest correct but would have honored it if he wanted to stay committed.

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Now let’s see how much the instate coaches hold it against as was said...  

.Was never said. It was said if we had pulled the offer to in state kids which did not happen. De-recruiting & dropping are separate things.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

We drop kids, and there is nothing wrong with it. It’s business and business is booming. To avoid semantics wars,  when I mean drop kids, we tell them to look around while there is time left to be recruited. We told Elijah Sullivan to look around because of a numbers crunch and he ended up at Kansas State for example. 

Jeff you and I understand this.  Coaches make hundreds of thousands of dollars... some millions.  If they see a shinier toy they are gonna pick that one because their livelihoods depend on it. May hurt some feelings sometimes but the high school coaches need AU more then AU needs the high school coaches.  

Jeff you and I understand this.  Coaches make hundreds of thousands of dollars... some millions.  If they see a shinier toy they are gonna pick that one because their livelihoods depend on it. May hurt some feelings sometimes but the high school coaches need AU more then AU needs the high school coaches.  

Exactly 

Again dropping is pulling an offer which this staff has only done in behavioral & grade situations.

This was de-recruiting. We stopped recruiting Cardale but if he wanted to stay committed we were stuck with him because we wern't going to pull the offer barring a grade or behavioral issue showing up.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We told Elijah Sullivan to look around because of a numbers crunch and he ended up at Kansas State for example. 

Another one we didn't pull the offer on. If he wanted to stay committed after we stopped communicating with him he would have stayed in the class.

Just now, ellitor said:

Again dropping is pulling an offer which this staff has only done in behavioral & grade situations.

This was de-recruiting. We stopped recruiting Cardale but if he wanted to stay committed we were stuck with him because we wern't going to pull the offer barring a grade or behavioral issue showing up.

Omg please with the politically correct bs.  We dropped the kid.  Stopped communicating with him, stopped having him on campus... our coaches are great people but they have a little bite in them as well.  It’s a new day in AU recruiting.  They staff and Gus understands we have to keep pace with the top 5-10 to compete every year.  AU is not satisfied with a championship every 5 years.  You better be in the hunt every year.  

Ive been in this game way to long and know exactly how it works.  Call it whatever you want to call it but a month ago this kid was never going to be apart of this class.

Omg please with the politically correct bs.  We dropped the kid.  Stopped communicating with him, stopped having him on campus... our coaches are great people but they have a little bite in them as well.  It’s a new day in AU recruiting.  They staff and Gus understands we have to keep pace with the top 5-10 to compete every year.  AU is not satisfied with a championship every 5 years.  You better be in the hunt every year.  

Ive been in this game way to long and know exactly how it works.  Call it whatever you want to call it but a month ago this kid was never going to be apart of this class.

lol AU coaches are not the only ones with bite in them. What is going on here?! We have never seen this side of you before. I think you are unmasking the REAL coach finally and putting away the nice guy act!!!! ok then! haha.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Another one we didn't pull the offer on. If he wanted to stay committed after we stopped communicating with him he would have stayed in the class.

Please...

@JHokanson: LB ELijah Sullivan turns down grayshirt offer from Auburn, signs with Kansas State LINK @Auburn247 @Keith247Sports

so weird ...if they felt it was mutual then might as well have pulled the offer and worked on given it to someone who desired it. Bad PR I am sure. Good luck to the young man:

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol AU coaches are not the only ones with bite in them. What is going on here?! We have never seen this side of you before. I think you are unmasking the REAL coach finally and putting away the nice guy act!!!! ok then! haha.

Coaches are stubborn, ask Gus!

Coaches are stubborn, ask Gus!

dang! you hit me where it hurts! haha.

tenor.gif

Whatever semantics apply, our staff this year seems to be acting with more urgency. Which is what you have to do in the SEC West. Survival of the fittest. 

Archived