2019 4* S Nick Cross (FSU)

ellitor

@ellitor so we're not in the lead for Cross correct? Who do you think our next 3 closest-to-committing kids might be?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Zeek said:

@ellitor so we're not in the lead for Cross correct? Who do you think our next 3 closest-to-committing kids might be?

Correct.  I can’t give you a next three closest.   I can give you two.  Derick Hall & a flip, Ladarius Cox. I do think we flip Tyron Hopper but I don’t think it will be soon.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct.  I can’t give you a next three closest.   I can give you two.  Derick Hall & a flip, Ladarius Cox. I do think we flip Tyron Hopper but I don’t think it will be soon.

Thanks E! Just wondering who I should be keeping an ear out for. Derick Hall would be a tremendous pick up and would really help round out the class. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Very nice. 

We get those 3 and we're only another LB, an RB and another OL away from a complete class with room for 2 more best available types. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very nice. 

We get those 3 and we're only another LB, an RB and another OL away from a complete class with room for 2 more best available types. 

The likely high school OL we get will be an OG. Still need a quality OT which I think will happen in the grad transfer market. That would be 1 spot left for another DB, best available, or a 2nd GT.

Agree totally but if we could somehow pull the Putnam kid from down in Florida he can play tackle in a pinch. He and Osborne can play right tackle but leaves no one for left tackle when Prince leaves after this year. I also know Driscoll has another year but you cannot count on him coming back either. If they both leave we would have no choice but to go after a grad transfer or pick up the one JUCO OT that appears capable of playing LT in  the SEC.

15 minutes ago, auol72 said:

if we could somehow pull the Putnam kid from down in Florida he can play tackle in a pinch

Maybe in a pinch. FWIW Keith says Putnam is a Guard all the way. He doesn't miss on best position for a recruit often.

17 minutes ago, auol72 said:

when Prince leaves after this year

Barring an insane progression this ain't happening.

19 minutes ago, auol72 said:

I also know Driscoll has another year but you cannot count on him coming back either

Highly unlikely he leaves too. Scouts will probably want to have 2 years of SEC film to evaluate on him.

We need to get an OT, LT specifically in the class to start developing for when Tega graduates next year in case Calvin doesn't develop.

In my opinion from what i have seen we do not have a LT prospect on the roster if Prince Tega leaves, so i agree with you 100% we really need one in this class to start the development. I also agree that Driscoll probably will not leave but he can, has the time in. Lastly, dont put any money on Tega not making that progression just go back to greg robinson. He played fair at best as a redshirt freshman and as a redshirt sophmore was top pick in draft. Tega has more NFL that Greg did. I believe you will be shocked at his progress Saturday afternoon.

23 minutes ago, auol72 said:

In my opinion from what i have seen we do not have a LT prospect on the roster if Prince Tega leaves, so i agree with you 100% we really need one in this class to start the development. I also agree that Driscoll probably will not leave but he can, has the time in. Lastly, dont put any money on Tega not making that progression just go back to greg robinson. He played fair at best as a redshirt freshman and as a redshirt sophmore was top pick in draft. Tega has more NFL that Greg did. I believe you will be shocked at his progress Saturday afternoon.

One big difference between Tega and Greg Robinson. We heard a lot more buzz about Greg’s progression after his redshirt freshman year then we have at any point for Tega From people connected to the program. If Tega was on pace for a similar trajectory we would’ve heard about it by now from people connected.  To be honest, I’m just hoping he’s not a liability.

5 hours ago, auol72 said:

I do not see Prince Tega leaving after this season. He is good no doubt, but he needs another season after this coming one to be a prime tackle prospect in the NFL. He has the talent, but needs to complete his senior season with solid play to be able to be a solid draft pick seeking the big $$$$. JMHO

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

One big difference between Tega and Greg Robinson. We heard a lot more buzz about Greg’s progression after his redshirt freshman year then we have at any point for Tega From people connected to the program. If Tega was on pace for a similar trajectory we would’ve heard about it by now from people connected.  To be honest, I’m just hoping he’s not a liability.

I think 2 years with Grimes will have him where he needs to be

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think 2 years with Grimes will have him where he needs to be

Agree 100%

Maybe you guys are right, time will tell. However when you hold your own if not more  against marlin and cow day after day I believe you’ll do very well during the season. E if he is your biggest worry on the OL your fine. Just saying and I’ll leave it at that.

8 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Maybe you guys are right, time will tell. However when you hold your own if not more  against marlin and cow day after day I believe you’ll do very well during the season. E if he is your biggest worry on the OL your fine. Just saying and I’ll leave it at that.

Do we know that's been happening? Honest question. I'm optimistic on PTW but I don't know that we've got a Marcus McNeil on our hands just yet. 

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

E if he is your biggest worry on the OL your fine

He's not & never has been. That would be Center.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Do we know that's been happening? Honest question.

Likely since most all reports & inside info said this was the most physical Fall since 2013 & 1s went against 1s a lot for a change.

We are all talking friendly here, but remember Marcus struggled mightily for a couple of years and then overcame back surgery to be ausome his last year and go as a nice pick in the draft.

16 minutes ago, auol72 said:

We are all talking friendly here, but remember Marcus struggled mightily for a couple of years and then overcame back surgery to be ausome his last year and go as a nice pick in the draft.

Absolutely! Emphasis on the word "yet". 

Prince is just now entering only his 2nd year as an OL, right? Or did he practice at OL his redshirt year?

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Or did he practice at OL his redshirt year?

No. Moved over the January after his RS season.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* S Nick Cross (FSU)

Archived